• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

I'm guessing that we'll be paying him part of his wages to free him up. Difficult to know how much but presumably we've judged that we'll be saving enough relative to the contribution that we'll miss. Pleased that we're not hanging on to players endlessly

It would be interesting, I suspect we aren't paying him that much as we are basically giving up any transfer fee, that allows him to sign somewhere, perhaps on lower wages but make it up with a signing bonus.

Considering how much better a player he is than Doherty, it's a hell of a statement on how he and the club view each other.

Had all the tools to be a top right back...except the brain and temperament. Too often a liability so won't be sad to see him go despite the fact he was very good 70%-80% of the time.

80% of the time? Really?

3 assists per year and 2 goals over 4 years? And three times as many goals or penalties given away needlessly?

And that ridiculous grin after yet another needless foul outside our penalty area!! And he's on 70K.

Can't wait to hear we have torn up his contract....

The guy is an important player for Ivory Coast and with the World Cup coming up - he wants constant football. Can't blame him.

80% of the time? Really?

3 assists per year and 2 goals over 4 years? And three times as many goals or penalties given away needlessly?

And that ridiculous grin after yet another needless foul outside our penalty area!! Can't wait to hear we have torn up his contract....

We should have been playing him on the wing and covering him in baby oil with attacking stats like that. Worth £40m+ as an attacker?

80% of the time? Really?

And that ridiculous grin after yet another needless foul outside our penalty area!! And he's on 70K.

Are those stats correct?

80% of the time? Really?

Yeah I'd stick by that. Doesn't mean that he'd be great in 80% of games. He'd be great for 80% of a game and have a few brainfarts the rest of the time. And those brainfarts were very costly. Which is why he's a liability and I'm not sorry to see him go.

It would be interesting, I suspect we aren't paying him that much as we are basically giving up any transfer fee, that allows him to sign somewhere, perhaps on lower wages but make it up with a signing bonus.

Considering how much better a player he is than Doherty, it's a hell of a statement on how he and the club view each other.

With all due respect, I don’t think the comparison to Doherty make much sense.
Neither would play much this year given they’re at best 3rd choice RB and Aurier is in his final year so it’s more logical to release him rather than MD and….and is another non HG player.

I also don’t think it hurts to remove Ndombele’s mate from the scene particularly if neither will be playing much

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I don’t think so, Wiki has him at 8 goals in 110 games, which is a better rate than some of our forwards, let alone other defenders.

Which forwards?

Gil 10 goals in 78 (he's 20).
Bergwijn 48 in 234
Moura 111 in 518
Dele 90 in 343

Not going to do kane and son.

Scarlett is a goal a game for youth.

Back