• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

He is a better player then those who think he is a disaster waiting to happen, imo he took a lot of stick from some who had made their mind up about him early doors and refused to see his good side. He now has serious competition for his place and also a manager who will give him the confidence to play well, early doors but lets all hope he can keep it up.

He is a better player then those who think he is a disaster waiting to happen, imo he took a lot of stick from some who had made their mind up about him early doors and refused to see his good side. He now has serious competition for his place and also a manager who will give him the confidence to play well, early doors but lets all hope he can keep it up.
He is playing really well now
Well enough to keep his place and earn a lot of credit for it too
It all comes down to keeping it simple as was highlighted by Jenas last night on MOTD2

The Arfletic has a very complimentary piece today about Aurier's increasingly improved play. Not just this season, but stretching back to the back half of last season.

Statistics and charts out the ying-yang, quotes galore from the likes of Steven Carr and some nerd statto. The overall conclusion is that the arrival of Doherty - and the assumption that his presence has lit a fire under Aurier - is off the mark. From the arrival of Mourinho, his defensive play has measurably improved.

That and the fact he's a strong, good-humored and well-liked presence in the dressing room say he's becoming one of our best players. Of course, there are nay-sayers who will say nay anyway. But I agree with the article's assessment.

The Arfletic has a very complimentary piece today about Aurier's increasingly improved play. Not just this season, but stretching back to the back half of last season.

Statistics and charts out the ying-yang, quotes galore from the likes of Steven Carr and some nerd statto. The overall conclusion is that the arrival of Doherty - and the assumption that his presence has lit a fire under Aurier - is off the mark. From the arrival of Mourinho, his defensive play has measurably improved.

That and the fact he's a strong, good-humored and well-liked presence in the dressing room say he's becoming one of our best players. Of course, there are nay-sayers who will say nay anyway. But I agree with the article's assessment.
Almost like Mourinho said "You scare me, you keep diving in, stay on your feet, stop giving away silly fouls, do one thing at a time, and I'll get Sissy to cover for you"

Played really well. Was key to the goal. So glad he proved himself. I was backing him to come good, but after 2 years you thought it wasn't happening. But then he knuckled down - first under Poch - then with Mourinho's structure and clear responsibilities. We have two very solid right-backs again, and at the moment, you wouldn't question Aurier being first choice.

Played really well. Was key to the goal. So glad he proved himself. I was backing him to come good, but after 2 years you thought it wasn't happening. But then he knuckled down - first under Poch - then with Mourinho's structure and clear responsibilities. We have two very solid right-backs again, and at the moment, you wouldn't question Aurier being first choice.

Doherty has been below par, but if his arrival turns Serge into the player he has the potential to be, it's well worth the £12 or whatever we paid for the Irishman.

The one simple thing which has changed in his game is that he's staying on his feet and jockeying players (I guess that's two things!). With his pace he can always recover but when he used to go to ground he was out of the team. Completely different player now

He has been immense. But the team is defending much better as a unit which is leaving the defence far less exposed. The partnership between hojbjerg and Sissoko has a lot to do with it. Nice to see that teams are no longer able to cut through our midfield at will.

I'll hold my hands up, I was desperate for us to sell him and thought he had almost zero football intelligence. I stand corrected, and he has been outstanding this season.
Long may it continue.

I was desperate for us to sell him and thought he had almost zero football intelligence.
Most of us did; how did the previous managers fail to tell Aurier "stay wary, smell danger, don't dive in, stay on your feet, never give away free kicks"?
He's a different player nowadays.

The one simple thing which has changed in his game is that he's staying on his feet and jockeying players (I guess that's two things!). With his pace he can always recover but when he used to go to ground he was out of the team. Completely different player now

This for me as well, before he seemed to want to do everything at top speed but he is now thinking better. Another case of a manager getting the best out of a player. Add the fact that he now has serious competition for his place from Doherty and we have a improvement from him.

Most of us did; how did the previous managers fail to tell Aurier "stay wary, smell danger, don't dive in, stay on your feet, never give away free kicks"?
He's a different player nowadays.
Tough love > lemons for cleansing auras?

Back