• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scottish Football

Thats ridiculous.

Credit to Stevie G, I despise the clam but he did do better than I thought he would. That said, its really about what was expected and nothing exceptional.

Next season I hope will break him.

I know the gap to Celtic is finally start to close after these years of Rangers rebuilding, but do you think if they wereto keep narrowly finishing 2nd to Celtic for the foreseeable future would Gerrard still survive/be a success?

I know the gap to Celtic is finally start to close after these years of Rangers rebuilding, but do you think if they wereto keep narrowly finishing 2nd to Celtic for the foreseeable future would Gerrard still survive/be a success?

Success for the old firm is finishing higher than other, it doesn't matter if its last and second last.
So no.
I didn't think he would last until Christmas, and I'm not alone in that, he has done a good job. But if doesn't stop 10 in a row then that's it.
Reminds me of Tommy burns when he was celtic manager.

Was it a good game?
Didn't watch it, had Christmas decorations to put up, but a celtic supporting mate has sent me a drunken cryptic text.
The football quality wasn't fantastic but the incident levels more than made up for that. The keeper, Foster, won it for Celtic really. He kept them in it with some great saves, including a penalty. Rangers were the better team overall. They need to ditch that Moreno guy. He's a dingdonghead and should have seen red too.

The football quality wasn't fantastic but the incident levels more than made up for that. The keeper, Foster, won it for Celtic really. He kept them in it with some great saves, including a penalty. Rangers were the better team overall. They need to ditch that Moreno guy. He's a dingdonghead and should have seen red too.
Problem is he is the best CF in that league by a country mile.

I've not watched any Scottish football in about three years, the passion and heart seemed to have totally gone. The last OF game I watched was really tame.
Never heard a good word about morelos from anyone. A colleague is an avid rangers supporter and goes to all the games and she hates him with a passion.

I've not watched any Scottish football in about three years, the passion and heart seemed to have totally gone. The last OF game I watched was really tame.
Never heard a good word about morelos from anyone. A colleague is an avid rangers supporter and goes to all the games and she hates him with a passion.
To be honest I only watch the OF games myself. The niggle was certainly there today. It is probably because parity has returned somewhat and Celtic's total dominance has come to an end, IMO. I actually couldn't tell you if Morelos (sorry not Moreno) is any good. He just plays like a total codpiece every time I see him. Think El Hadji Diouf and you'll get the idea.

Have I missed it or is there no comment on Rangers either walking out at Celtic Park as Champions or winning the title at Celtic Park. Fair play to Gerard, he's done a sterling job.

I see that clam who stamped on Lo Celso's head has contracted Covid and is isolating at Scotland's training camp.

Both Rangers/Celtic fail to qualify for the CL
It really is a pub football league isn't it

Madness of the old firm, stevie g has gone from saviour to dud in three games, celtic manager from dud to Messiah in two games.
First old firm game next week, stevie g could be on a sticky wicket if he loses that.

Have got a lot of affection for the Scottish game.
The old firm dominance ruins things but you still had St Johnstone doing the cup double last season.
A good mate of mine is St Mirren through and through so every cup final is treasured. He bought me a ticket for the 2013 league cup final v Hearts and it was a great day out with the 'buddies' winning 3-2 in a very entertaining match.
There are still a good number of quality footballers plying their trade up there, not as much as the 60's/70's/80's but the likes of Robertson, Tierney, McGinn and Armstrong have come through and proved their worth down here. Add to that the likes of Wanyama and Van Dijk and there are some gems to be had at not too dear prices relatively. Christie at Celtic is another I think could do well and the young Japanese ? lad Celtic have acquired looks to have a very bright future.
Some of the non-old firm games are a good watch too as most of the other teams are fairly evenly matched, always enjoy the Edinburgh derby for instance.

Back