1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Sessegnon

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by mjc23, 8 Aug 2019.

1. FolkestoneSpur

FolkestoneSpur Clive Wilson

It's one of the greatest things I've ever seen, I know that sounds very hyperbole but it was nuts, he literally went from a lanky teen to this physically unstoppable hunk of burning love over the space of 2 months.

Pirate55 and harr1984 like this.
  2. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jack L. Jones

I heard a pod a while back … probably a long while back talking about it

FolkestoneSpur likes this.
  3. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2022/may/special-interview-mind-over-matter-for-sessegnon/

With reference to posts on the last 2 pages:

He was really beginning to find his groove in our colours, however disaster then struck......

“The first time I actually played at wing-back was in Germany, so I had experienced the role a little before Antonio came in, but it was a bit different,” he discussed. “At Hoffenheim, I wasn’t really getting in the box, I was more tucking inside whereas, here, the gaffer wants both wing-backs attacking the box when someone is crossing.

“It is physically demanding, in the up and down nature. You almost have to manage yourself as well because if you want to be lasting the 90 minutes…obviously you have to be fit to play that position anyway but to get the full output of the attacking and defensive sides, you have to learn when to really go at it and when to stay.

4. FolkestoneSpur

FolkestoneSpur Clive Wilson

Please tell of you can find it.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  5. braineclipse

braineclipse Gary Stevens

I don't think that final percentage mentally or confidence is something you either have or don't have at a young age.

Some players do show that even from an early age, but just as often it's developed over time. He's still young, he's still learning a fairly new role and has had a rather awful time with injuries, changes of managers and system/role since coming here.

A good, injury free run for him could do him a world of good I think.

6. lurker of old

lurker of old William Gallas

A good, injury free run for him could do him a world of good I think.

The problem is that we will not build a winning team without a better balance between proven successes and "question marks who lack confidence" in the wingback position. We all like Sess and wish him well, but who is to say that another injury isn't just around the corner? He'd be great as a back-up, and unless he offers more before the end of the season, I hope that's his role next season.

Pirate55 likes this.
  7. Yiddo

Yiddo Steffen Iversen

Was running at the full back today, won a lot of corners and got an assist aswell as keeping Salah relatively quiet.

Last edited: 8 May 2022
  8. Junior19

Junior19 Kevin-Prince Boateng

I was impressed with Ryan today. The assist of course the icing on the cake, but I thought the way he worked with Davies and Son on the left was excellent

metalgear, mjc23, NaijaSpurs and 3 others like this.
  9. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla John Lacy

Signs of life

harr1984 and Pirate55 like this.
  10. braineclipse

Yeah, not saying we should go into next season with him as our first choice.

11. braineclipse

Agreed. Thought he looked good. Tougher, more confident. Getting closer to where he was before his latest injury. Imo that was when he was at the best level he's been for us so far.

Onwards and upwards please Ryan.

12. harr1984

harr1984 Pedro Mendes

We’ve seen promising decent games from him before to know he has this in him, and to be much better too - he is still so young. He just needs an injury free run to get his confidence up, a solid pre season and we really will have a player on our hands. Always said he has a higher ceiling than Reguilon…..

braineclipse and parklane1 like this.
  13. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Johnny Morrison

I remember going away to Fulham and watching him score 2 goals from left back. Even though it ended 3:3 it was a magical performance from the kid. I knew then he was gonna be a special player for us.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  14. Bedfordspurs

Sure you this game
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6963700.stm

NaijaSpurs likes this.
  15. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Johnny Morrison

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  16. Bedfordspurs

Yeah I went
    He was bloody outstanding

17. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

My thoughts as well, i think we forget he is only 21 and the more he plays the better he will get.

18. braineclipse

While his attacking output, or the lack of it, is often what gets the most attention I think it's worth talking about his defending. Think he's stepped up significantly.

Different role to the left back role where he at times struggled defensively in the past, but not an easy role. Saka back from injury, but still, kept him quiet. Liverpool with all their qualities, again, kept things tight.

I think the focus on his development may have been mostly on the defensive side so far under Conte.

Still needs to develop in what he does on the ball, but he's still young and he does have real quality.

Was really hoping for a strong finish to the season from him, imo he's delivering.

spurrrr, parklane1 and Robbo like this.
  19. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Les Ferdinand

Good game, a more composure in their box and he'd be lethal.

papaspur likes this.
  20. DubSpur

DubSpur Tim Sherwood

I think he's starting to show that composure. Assist for Son against the bin dippers and another good pick out in the box last night that Son should probably have scored from.