• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Watching hoffenheim against Leverkusen tonight and I swear to GHod he is playing on the right side of a central two in midfield tonight.

Not playing badly but it is weird.

Few players in Leverkusen side who I would not mind.

He's done well this season but still looks a little short of confidence to me. I think in an ideal world we'd send him out again but that may not be an option.

The bit i really liked about that was this comment from him.

‘a little bit more calm on the ball’

Watching him for us before the loan he looked to me like a player trying to do everything at 100 mph, and losing the control by doing so, lets hope he comes back and shows more composure as he does have talent.

Even under Poch I'm not sure he was managed that well. Clear to see he has talent but his confidence is fragile - at 20 yo - that's no surprise. Where he thrives is with 1-2s up the wing. We need to give him options to pass and run, and suddenly he will look like a world-beater, because when he gets to the opposition box, he's capable of cutting in and shooting.

I really hope we get a management team in place who can bring the best out of players like Sessengon. It is a cultural thing, as in Germany or Ajax, they give players more structure and more care to help them develop. Levy should be trying to recreate some of that at Spurs. Deconstruct what the German clubs do, and invest in it here.

Even under Poch I'm not sure he was managed that well. Clear to see he has talent but his confidence is fragile - at 20 yo - that's no surprise. Where he thrives is with 1-2s up the wing. We need to give him options to pass and run, and suddenly he will look like a world-beater, because when he gets to the opposition box, he's capable of cutting in and shooting.

I really hope we get a management team in place who can bring the best out of players like Sessengon. It is a cultural thing, as in Germany or Ajax, they give players more structure and more care to help them develop. Levy should be trying to recreate some of that at Spurs. Deconstruct what the German clubs do, and invest in it here.

He's a player that needs to be brave to be effective, so agree re the confidence.

For some reason, we have a lot of players that need the father figure type of coach, motivator type.

He's a player that needs to be brave to be effective, so agree re the confidence.

For some reason, we have a lot of players that need the father figure type of coach, motivator type.

the more bombastic, perhaps even 'overconfident' players tend to be more aggressive in the changing room and more expensive (they will often be far less humble and set their sights higher than they are or higher than we think they realistically are).

An classic example is Michy Batshuayi: clearly overrated himself and his career has hit the doldrums because of it

would be happy for walcott and cirkin to get a loan out to Germany maybe the 2nd division next season.

CCV has played every game since 6th Feb for Bournemouth as they have been strongly contesting a playoff spot under Woodgate. He's never been that mobile but you can't say he's not stepped up where he is right now.

I'm surprised Mourinho didnt keep him around last summer. Unlike all the rest of ours, he's actually an ideal low-block CB (which is perhaps why none of our possession-based/higher line managers fancied him).

Back