• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

IMO he's had a stuttering start, largely due to coming here injured, and mentally that's tough for him and he's probably wondering where his place is in the set-up.

He comes across as quite shy and timid and I think he has played like that as well. He needs to up his belief and confidence as he has ability and he has quite a bit of experience for one so young.

I see no reason he can't be developed similar to TAA at Liverpool. ie not the best at defending but dynamic going forward, with the target of him doing attacking play 70% of the time.

IMO he's had a stuttering start, largely due to coming here injured, and mentally that's tough for him and he's probably wondering where his place is in the set-up.

He comes across as quite shy and timid and I think he has played like that as well. He needs to up his belief and confidence as he has ability and he has quite a bit of experience for one so young.

I see no reason he can't be developed similar to TAA at Liverpool. ie not the best at defending but dynamic going forward, with the target of him doing attacking play 70% of the time.
Agreed. TAA is more than 18 months older than Sessegnon, Sessegnon has possibly more potential than TAA did back then. Sessegnon’s problem is that he is a bit between positions. A year of coaching as a left back from Jose should allow him to add defensive positioning and decision making to his game and then all he needs is confidence.

Agreed. TAA is more than 18 months older than Sessegnon, Sessegnon has possibly more potential than TAA did back then. Sessegnon’s problem is that he is a bit between positions. A year of coaching as a left back from Jose should allow him to add defensive positioning and decision making to his game and then all he needs is confidence.
I agree
TAA feels like kinda came out of nowhere (despite pool saying they always knew) but he was a winger for most of his youth career
Sessegnon has the talent and ability, but needs the guidance now
I think him on the left and Aaron’s or another young English right back (there are quite a few now available) with pace could be bloody exciting
We would need to get a holder in (which your a big advocate of) but that could also mean Tanguy and Lo Celso playing in front of that holder which gives us a very creative midfield

I agree
TAA feels like kinda came out of nowhere (despite pool saying they always knew) but he was a winger for most of his youth career
Sessegnon has the talent and ability, but needs the guidance now
I think him on the left and Aaron’s or another young English right back (there are quite a few now available) with pace could be bloody exciting
We would need to get a holder in (which your a big advocate of) but that could also mean Tanguy and Lo Celso playing in front of that holder which gives us a very creative midfield

Is the any chance Amos could do the holding role?

I agree, i may be in the minority here but i believe TAA is not a very good defender and if he was playing elsewhere he may not be that highly rated as he is now.
I don’t think anyone would call him a good defender but he is world class at other aspects of his game TBF
His one on one defending is weak but he does track back when needed
He is also weak in the air

he was an archetypal Poch signing. Plenty of ability, needed coaching and guidance. Like Jose, the wrong man in the wrong time.

Less then a dozen games and still only 20, talk about jumping to a conclusion on very little proof. :rolleyes:

Literally NOT what i've said.

He joined a club under a manager who has excelled at improving youth propects. A good fit, clearly talented but needs coaching and improvement.

He's now under a manager who at least in previous years, has not shown the same pedigree in coaching younger players through in such a way. Hence rumours of loans out of the club now circulating.

Under Poch, Spurs could bide their time with younger players because we saw several examples of improvements under him. Under Jose, we need established first teamers and cannot rely on a young player cuttiing his teeth such are the problems and unbalanced nature in the squad. ]

This is why he is now at the club at the wrong time.

Back