• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Nelsen

we have improved our striking options and added experience to our back up defenders - i don't see how that is a disappointing window. not a great one, but as good as i ever expected.

in fact i am delighted we have replaced Pav with Saha
I think it's a bad window (an i usually try to spin things in a positive manner). Nelson is a good cb but a crock. How can you allow one of our cb's to go and inform the public that "Gallas has a long term injury" only to buy a cb that is also injury prone?

why would you let our only back up rb go out on loan?

Why would you inform us that you would have let Pienaar go had we got Krasic.................THEN LET PIENAAR GO.

Harry sees we've had injury problems with Lennon, Sandro and he sees VDV going off tonight yet he still lets pienaar go? is this for real?

I understand and actually admire some fans on here who want to try and put a positive spin on these signings, but how can we be happy with Saha who wasn't even that good in his prime and is injury prone and Ryan Nelson? And letting Corluka go, what was the point of that? I've just heard Kyle Walker has torn his groin. So who do we have to replace him? Ridiculous.

This window just proves that we must be cash poor despite having a good run in the CL last season.

I understand and actually admire some fans on here who want to try and put a positive spin on these signings, but how can we be happy with Saha who wasn't even that good in his prime and is injury prone and Ryan Nelson? And letting Corluka go, what was the point of that? I've just heard Kyle Walker has torn his groin. So who do we have to replace him? Ridiculous.

This window just proves that we must be cash poor despite having a good run in the CL last season.

Saha was lethal at Man United. The only thing holding him back was injuries.

Sneaky fudging Indians, they must have put something in the chicken nibbles. Daniel, you came back with the wrong CB!

Welcome to Spurs Ryan. Please disregard all negative comments on the site. We will be 100% behind you once you put on the shirt. You have shown throughout your career that your effort and commitment cannot be questioned. You were my favorite player at DC United. Such a good reward to be finally playing at a top club at the end of your career.

Well said.

I think it's a bad window (an i usually try to spin things in a positive manner). Nelson is a good cb but a crock. How can you allow one of our cb's to go and inform the public that "Gallas has a long term injury" only to buy a cb that is also injury prone?

why would you let our only back up rb go out on loan?

Why would you inform us that you would have let Pienaar go had we got Krasic.................THEN LET PIENAAR GO.

Harry sees we've had injury problems with Lennon, Sandro and he sees VDV going off tonight yet he still lets pienaar go? is this for real?

I posted un rumour thread that BBC guy in twitter says Pienaar went ahead after intervention of Kenwright to Levy. I really don't see how Harry wanted this? I think some people overstate the options we do currently have available, and am worried what we do if Walker is unfit and King is also out. Means a Kaboul, Dawson (and his long balls) Nelsen and BAE defence. Pienaar may not have played much but that's not to say we don't need the option, especially with injuries stacking up.

Saha was lethal at Man United. The only thing holding him back was injuries.

Injuries are the biggest concern with him. Fine if Ade is fit, if not he needs to step up. Otherwise it will be Defoe on his own.

Last edited:
Saha was the conkers at Fulham and then in patches at ManU. If anyone can get him playing, It'll be Harry.
He's 33 and not one for the future. With Pav gone and Ade probably not signing due to wages, him and defoe will be our only 2 recognised strikers.

Injuries are the biggest concern with Saha. Fine if Ade is fit, if not he needs to step up. Otherwise it will be Defoe on his own.
Well I suppose we have VdV and Bale too...

It isn't the Klinsmann signing we wanted, but even a City fan could say:

Injuries are the biggest concern with Balotelli. Fine if Aguero is fit, if not he needs to step up. Otherwise it will be Dzeko on his own.
Well I suppose we have Nasri and Silva too...

Shocking window for us. Saha is not an Ade replacement. Charlie was needed as back up for both RB and CH. We dont have adequate left back cover( BAE could be banned for four games). Injuries to Ade, VDV, Lennon, Walker, Gallas, Defoe leaves a very thin and unbalanced squad. Methinks that Levy is holding his powder dry till the summer to see if Rednapp is still manager (prison or England beckon). Funds will then be available for the new man - ? Murinho. Fingers crossed that is the strategy anyway and hope that it doesnt cost us a CL place.

Shocking window for us. Saha is not an Ade replacement. Charlie was needed as back up for both RB and CH. We dont have adequate left back cover( BAE could be banned for four games). Injuries to Ade, VDV, Lennon, Walker, Gallas, Defoe leaves a very thin and unbalanced squad. Methinks that Levy is holding his powder dry till the summer to see if Rednapp is still manager (prison or England beckon). Funds will then be available for the new man - ? Murinho. Fingers crossed that is the strategy anyway and hope that it doesnt cost us a CL place.

1. Saha is not exactly like Adebayor......and that is a good thing. But he very much IS cover for Adebayor because he can lead the line on his own. JD can't do that. And neither could Pav. It's a short term deal which gives us a better option than Pav. And it also means that we have kept our powder dry for the summer, when the players that we really want - but who simply weren't for sale mid season - will more likely be available.

2. Charlie is not adequate CB cover. But I agree that it was crazy to let him leave given that our only other back up options at right back are out on loan. Kaboom can play there, of course, but I'd rather keep him at CB, where he is flourishing.

3. If BAE is punished on the basis of video evidence, it would only be a three game ban. Kompany and Balotelli only received four game bans because they already had red cards to their names this season. Benny doesn't....unless my memory has completely gone!

4. Agreed that we are keeping our powder dry and that Harry's uncertain future is the likely cause.

Back