• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Looks like he’s answered the authority question, clearly gave them a gonad*ing at HT.

Will hold my hands up on that one. Fair play to him. He may not have given them a gonad*ing but whatever he did, he influenced the game because we looked a different team second half. Some of that was Southampton tiring but more of it was us imposing ourselves on that game and looking like we wanted the football for the first time in 18 months.

Thrilled for the guy and glad to admit it's a very good start to proving I was talking nonsense.

Will hold my hands up on that one. Fair play to him. He may not have given them a gonad*ing but whatever he did, he influenced the game because we looked a different team second half. Some of that was Southampton tiring but more of it was us imposing ourselves on that game and looking like we wanted the football for the first time in 18 months.

Thrilled for the guy and glad to admit it's a very good start to proving I was talking nonsense.

I wasn’t calling you out, it was a reasonable concern shared by many.

I wasn’t calling you out, it was a reasonable concern shared by many.

Didn’t really think you were but wouldn’t have a problem if you did. Happy to own my opinions even if they’re proven wrong.

Hopefully I’ll be filing this one away with “why the fudge are we appointing that lad from Southampton”, “Harry Kane will never make a Premier League striker” and “Gazza will never score from there”.

That's how you send a side out for a second-half after a bricky first.
That's how you deploy subs.
That's how you bring the game when everything is on the line.
THAT'S a person who fudging LOVES this club and GETS it.
It's been a while...

Like every fan, I want him to succeed. I liked him as a player, liked him as a character. I’d love nothing more than for him to win his 7 games, get the job permanently and do what many before him couldn’t do.

But how does Ryan Mason give Harry Kane or Toby Alderweireld a dressing down. If Hugo and Son start knocking the brick out of each other again, does Ryan Mason have the authority to control that situation? It’s a romantic idea that he’ll be a success but I have massive doubts.

That said, I’m excited to watch us play again because I do believe he’ll have us playing like Tottenham Hotspur.

He will have massive respect. It will count for a lot at this specific moment in time. How nice to be managed (albeit for probably only a few games) by someone who actually understands how you play from having played with you.

I would love it if Ryan became our man, Poch was a massive influence on him and I would think hewpuld have us playing a similar style, similar values and create an all round good atmosphere.

and he is one of our own!

Nice bloke by all accounts, but he has zero experience and would have no real authority. It would be a clusterfudge.

So, given it’s Spurs, I’m expecting him to be formally announced on the day after the season ends - particularly as he’ll be cheap too.

Nice bloke by all accounts, but he has zero experience and would have no real authority. It would be a clusterfudge.

So, given it’s Spurs, I’m expecting him to be formally announced on the day after the season ends - particularly as he’ll be cheap too.

The dream is he is a British Nagelsmann, who sneaks us into the CL, etc. The reality is he achieves some good results, good vibes, stability and enhances his reputation, maybe stays with us in a coaching capacity and then gets a good job to cut his teeth before one day returning. Regardless, it's been wonderful to enjoy a feel-good evening around this club for the first time in many many months.

Hopefully I’ll be filing this one away with “why the fudge are we appointing that lad from Southampton”, “Harry Kane will never make a Premier League striker” and “Gazza will never score from there”.
And don't forget the time you criticised your own daughter for saying noughts and crosses was tic tac toe :D

The dream is he is a British Nagelsmann, who sneaks us into the CL, etc. The reality is he achieves some good results, good vibes, stability and enhances his reputation, maybe stays with us in a coaching capacity and then gets a good job to cut his teeth before one day returning. Regardless, it's been wonderful to enjoy a feel-good evening around this club for the first time in many many months.
There are dreams and that's nice to have.

Right now he's our manager (interim head coach whatevers) and that feels good. I like feeling good.

Thought he did well in his first game.

Camera panned to him after the second goal. Perhaps that was just after he celebrated I don't know. He looked like he was trying to stay calm and composed in the situation, as is necessary. But I think what was going on inside was visible and it was beautiful. (Body language alert)

You could almost see us healing and remembering how to walk (pass) again as the game went on

There seemed a lot of genuine affection for him in the final whistle embraces too, particularly I noticed from Lloris and Lamela.

I imagine he's got a lot of respect, was pretty dedicated as a pro and going by his personality can imagine he's be fairly popular in the squad. And then losing his career to injury so early too.

I have a question, it might have been asked and answered. why didn't King get the job?

I am more than happy that Mason got it, just thought King would have been 1st choice

Back