• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Robert Lewandowski in the summer?

Hotspur

Banned
With his contract running out in 2014, he will probably be available in the summer for a reasonable good price.

Would love us to sign this guy, think he ticks all the boxes.

What do you guys think of him? And is it realistic and who else would be in for him?

Looking only at English clubs (optimistic)

-I don't really see why United would be in for him with Rooney, RvP, Hernandez and Welbeck already there. They also have Kagawa who can play in the role Rooney currently has pushing Rooney forward as the main striker. I know they were linked with him in the summer, but still.
-City have Aguero, Tevez and Dzeko. They might want another striker since Balotelli left, but I think they will go for a bigger name like Cavani or Falcao.
-Chelsea similarly need a striker, I think Torres is done. Like City though I think they will go for a bigger name.
-Arsenal might be in for him, would suit their system I think. Giroud is their main man now and I think Lewandowski would be an upgrade.

So, if we get into the CL I think we would have some hope signing him if he wants to move on from Dortmund and there aren't any big clubs on the continent in for him. Wouldn't say that we would be likely to get him if we try though.

Very good player,just got a feeling he'll go to a bigger club. It doesn't matter who 'needs' him, the big clubs regularly sign players who they already have more than adequate options for. Think Damiao is far more likely in the summer....

He'll go to Bayern I think.

But otherwise, yeah - he would be ideal - a goalscoring lone forward.

Think he'll be another one-season wonder myself (this year's Cisse). Would be happy to be proved wrong.

It's not just his goal scoring though. It's his ability to physically bully and overpower defences. You don't just lose that....

It's not just his goal scoring though. It's his ability to physically bully and overpower defences. You don't just lose that....

There's also his ability to be caught offside. We seem to have lost that this season.

All over the German media earlier today that his move to Bayern is done.

Surprising to me if true. Why would Dortmund agree to a deal now to sell him to their biggest (league) rivals when they could wait until the summer and potentially agree a deal for a similar fee to sell him outside the Bundesliga.

That you don't lose, but that alone is not enough to be a Spurs player.

For him to be good enough to improve on our current lot he must also be a somewhat consistent goalscorer. And goalscoring does ebb and flow.

Why would you leave Dortmund for Bayern? Aren't they the current champions and league leaders? Is there something I'm missing here or is it just a money issue?

Why would you leave Dortmund for Bayern? Aren't they the current champions and league leaders? Is there something I'm missing here or is it just a money issue?

Bayern 12 points clear
Have a better squad overall
Bigger club historically
More money
Guardiola going there next season

Dortmund are a fantastic side and I personally would stay there, but I can see why any player would want to go to Bayern.

That you don't lose, but that alone is not enough to be a Spurs player.

For him to be good enough to improve on our current lot he must also be a somewhat consistent goalscorer. And goalscoring does ebb and flow.

It's something we don't have at all in our squad, a beast of a striker. Defoe goes through in total at least half a season not scoring, and doesn't really add enough value doing anything else. Even when not scoring Benteke troubles defences which will allow the supporting act to flourish....

Back