• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

RIP Jimmy Greaves.

brick. I hope the players can put on a performance to honour him, I’m sure the fans will.

I really hoped the club would something to honour him within the ground while he was alive but I think there was a commercial rationale for not naming stands before naming rights was agreed.

I never felt he got the true recognition outside of Spurs for just how good he was, it was only recently Ronaldo passed one of his records for example.

Quite simply the greatest striker we have ever produced.

RIP Jimmy

Great, great player, I've never been so excited by any signing as his. The wait to see him player was almost unbearable for a young fan. The day he made his debut they had to cancel our youth clubs game as 6 of us were going to the match. He delivered big time with a hat trick, one being a fantastic scissor kick volley (probably illegal now). His first match in Spurs colours was a reserve outing at Plymouth Argyle on a midweek afternoon, he scored 2 and they got a bigger crowd than the first team home games.

Sad day.

Like many I've been keen to see Kane break the club goal scoring record, but today (and given recent events), and maybe it's just sentimentality, but it feels fitting that the record should (and most probably will) stay exactly where it is.
I can see that. At least he died knowing he was top of the list.

RIP Jimmy. Not many who'll make a mark like he did, both in his playing days and as a staple of football telly in my youth. A sad day.

Devastated to hear this news.

RIP Jimmy, for me you were the most deadly, as well as most entertaining, striker ever.

Anyone remember what Jimmy's chant was?
Watched him all the way through his Spurs career but don't remember him having a chant of his own. Then again it could just be my woefully fading memory.

But not even sure players had their own chants in those days. Earliest one I can remember is 'Nice one Cyril.' The song was a big hit early/mid1970s so was a ready-made 'gimme' for our hugely popular LB Cyril Knowles.

Back