• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I guess so. I’m probably just not used to the modern Premier League market - it’s been a while since we signed a PL player who wasn’t in the last year of their contract. (Was Sissoko the last?)

He could well be to be fair. We've really taken a different approach this season and we're doing what a lot of fans pleaded for for years. Sign proven quality, get it done early and pay the premium if you have to.

I liked Moussa for his effort but if he was worth 30m, Richarlison is a steal at 60m.

He could well be to be fair. We've really taken a different approach this season and we're doing what a lot of fans pleaded for for years. Sign proven quality, get it done early and pay the premium if you have to.

I liked Moussa for his effort but if he was worth 30m, Richarlison is a steal at 60m.

Or, If Richarlison was worth £50 million when Everton bought him, he's worth a (total) £60 million now.

Tbf we won't know how much he's worth till he's played a good number of games for us. But there does seem little risk. It is what is says on the tin.

Isn’t the only thing he’s proven in the Premier League that he can produce an average output of goals and assists? Totally appreciate that he might do more in a better team, but he hasn’t proven that yet. This feels on par to a Sigurdsson signing or something to me.

Still, not complaining at all - I think he’s a good signing - just surprised to see the fee was so high!
Fair point. He's scored pretty much 1 goal in every 3 PL games (53 in 152). That's a bit behind the likes of Sheringham and Keane, who managed almost 1 in 2 for us, and scarily close to Defoe (48 in 137). Given that he'll have played a good proportion of the time out wide or as the second striker, and neither Watford nor Everton are known as free-scoring teams, I'll take that.

Either way, 1 in 3 in the PL is a lot better than 1 in 2 in a second-tier league.

Last edited:
Fair point. He's scored pretty much 1 goal in every 3 PL games (53 in 152). That's a bit behind the likes of Sheringham and Keane, who managed almost 1 in 2 for us, and scarily close to Defoe (48 in 137). Given that he'll have played a good proportion of the time our wide or as the second striker, and neither Watford nor Everton are known as free-scoring teams, I'll take that.

Either way, 1 in 3 in the PL is a lot better than 1 in 2 in a second-tier league.

Playing mostly on the wing. David ginola only scored 22 goals in 195 premier league games.

Everton had to agree to sell to raise funds before 30th June. I think Levy and Kenwright did some deal at that famous meal to give Everton a headline figure they could use and the real deal we won't hear about. I'm sure there must be some 'arrangements' in the future....

We've got the final seal of approval for this transfer and confirmation that it's a good one; Paul Merson is confused by it.

I like Merson, bless his cotton socks, but he really is an idiot. Does he not get the concept of squad depth. That to avoid the quality falling off a cliff when Kane and Son get injured, you sign quality back ups who will also push the first choice 3 for their positions. Healthy competition.

Last season he was bemoaning our lack of squad depth (https://netsport.co.uk/sports/paul-...stronger-squad-depth-nunos-tottenham-hotspur/). How does he expect us to fix it?

Everton had to agree to sell to raise funds before 30th June. I think Levy and Kenwright did some deal at that famous meal to give Everton a headline figure they could use and the real deal we won't hear about. I'm sure there must be some 'arrangements' in the future....

The price doesn’t seem high enough to justify that line of thought.

Am very happy with this signing. Someone who can play up top on his own, give Kane a rest, and if we need to rotate through to Son, Deki, fills that too. There is no starting XI anymore. people need to move this mindset. With 5 subs coming into play it's a huge change to the sport (i hate the idea of it btw), so it's all about having a squad to compete.

Importantly, can score with his head and on the floor, so again, various options. Lastly, we know he can handle the PL. Look at the Arse and Chelsea, Morata, Lacazette, bringing in someone from abroad will always be a riskier option. We've signed someone who's already used to the physical aspect of the PL and can score.

Am very happy with this signing. Someone who can play up top on his own, give Kane a rest, and if we need to rotate through to Son, Deki, fills that too. There is no starting XI anymore. people need to move this mindset. With 5 subs coming into play it's a huge change to the sport (i hate the idea of it btw), so it's all about having a squad to compete.

Importantly, can score with his head and on the floor, so again, various options. Lastly, we know he can handle the PL. Look at the Arse and Chelsea, Morata, Lacazette, bringing in someone from abroad will always be a riskier option. We've signed someone who's already used to the physical aspect of the PL and can score.

Also there will be 12 players on the bench for champions league games.

Back