• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Relegation Watch 2017/18

I still hold out hope.

I watched the Watford game, West Ham didnt win because they were "good" they won because Watford were "worse", if that makes sense?

West Ham had no ambition, no fluidity, no pace, nothing. Watford needed to play with just some urgency and they would have won comfortably. As it is, they were playing like a team with a new manager that didnt have a clue what he wanted. Decent shape but over all disjointed and flat.

Big win for Huddersfield as I don't see them having much luck against Arsenal, Chelsea or City. Maybe against Everton.

Swansea still have to play Southampton and Stoke at home. They couldn't possibly lose both?

Points picked up since this thread was started:

22 Tottenham
20 Liverpool
19 Emirates Marketing Project
18 Man Utd, Burnley
15 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
14 Everton
13 Swansea, Bournemouth
12 Arsenal, Brighton
11 Watford, Huddersfield, Watford
10 Chelsea
9 Leicester, Crystal Palace
8 West Ham
6 Southampton
4 Stoke
1 West Brom

........................Pl / GD / Pts
15 Huddersfield ...34 -27 35
16 Crystal Palace .34 -18 34
17 Swansea ........33 -19 33
--------------------------------------------
18 Southampton ..33 -20 28
19 Stoke ............34 -33 28
20 West Brom .....34 -25 24

On current form, and given the 5/6 point gap I think the bottom 3 now are likely to go down.

WBA fixtures
Liverpool H
Saudi Sportswashing Machine A
Spurs H
Palace A

In other words, Doomed.

Stoke:
Burnley H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Swansea A

Most likely doomed, any chance of that Swansea game being a decider?

SCBC:
Leicester A
Bournemouth H
Everton A
Swansea A
City H

Extra game, could pull Swansea back in? But equally are terrible and IMO down.

Swansea:
City A
Chelsea H
Bournemouth A
Southampton H
Stoke H

Id say they are safe. Extra game, playing well, and have 2 deciders to really secure it.

Palace:
Watford A
Leicester H
Stoke A
WBA H

Id say they are safe. Great job by Woy, especially considering the injuries they have had to deal with. And to think I said signing him was mental, shows what I know...

Huddersfield:
Everton H
City A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H
I could easily see them getting only a point for the rest of the season, would it be enough?

West Ham are safe, given how bad their squad is I think Moyes has done well keeping them up, especially when you take into account the Toxic atmos there

West Ham are safe, given how bad their squad is I think Moyes has done well keeping them up, especially when you take into account the Toxic atmos there

They have improved greatly of late, Moyes has done a good job.
Better to watch than Man U ATM

I think theyve been incredibly lucky, got some undeserved results.

Watford springs to mind. Won 2-0 and yet were abysmal throughout.

As I say though, Im hoping it earns Moyes the job, because they certainly wont get any better under him and the current ownership.

West Ham vs Brighton last october was one the worst home performances in the EPL for many a year.

this has become a dreadful league, up to 12 teams are in a relegation scrap, its like there no "middle class" anymore, ok move this to the "politics' thread.

Back