• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp's Autobiography

Autobiography tends to imply the ability to write - a skill which Harry has admitted he lacks.

prick is so far up his own east-end ass

Tell me about it, check out the quotes...

"I wouldn't trust the FA to show me a good manager if their lives depended on it," he wrote in his autobiography, serialised in the Daily Mail.
Redknapp, 66, says he holds no grudge against Hodgson after the decision.

But he insists he was the leading choice with England fans and players, claiming senior players texted him to offer him their support.

"This isn't about them giving the England job to me or Roy Hodgson, but English football being run by people who really haven't got a clue - and they get to pick the England manager," he said.

"Everyone said I was the people's choice, the only choice. All the senior players seemed to be up for me to get the job.

"I got quite a few text messages at the time from players saying they would love me to manage England: Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry.
"But the FA went for Roy Hodgson to be the England manager - a man who is more their cup of tea."

Redknapp, who was manager of Tottenham when the decision was made, said he wanted Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers - then with Swansea City - to be his assistant.

"My thinking on Brendan was this: if he can do it with players from the lower leagues at Swansea what can he do with Rio and Terry or Rooney and Gerrard?" he added.

"So when Tottenham played Swansea on 1 April, 2012 I pulled Brendan after the game and said that if all the speculation about me and England was true would he consider coming to the European Championships in the summer as my part-time coach?

"I told him I wanted England to play with as much technical ambition as Swansea. He was up for it.

"Some Tottenham fans might think I was distracted from my club job, but I can assure you the conversation took five minutes. And we beat Swansea 3-1 that day."

Redknapp's side won just twice in 10 matches following Capello's resignation as Spurs failed to qualify for the Champions League.
He was sacked in June 2012 before taking over at QPR the following November.

I don't think the England speculation did us any good, but nor did it harm us. Redknapp's tactics whilst Lennon was injured is what harmed us. In fact during that period we played very much like we are currently playing, but without luck we have had (last night's result aside). We were dominating possession, but laboured in the final third and didn't really create many chances. And the ones we did create Adebayor started to fluff. It could have been all so different.

As for England, he is spot on. We wouldn't have won under Redknapp, but we would have at least tried to play entertaining football.

He's right about the FA always getting it wrong when it comes to picking managers. Redknapp is a better manager than Hodgson. They didn't go for Brian Clough because he didn't tow the line either despite being England's greatest ever manager. Having said that, results would have been the same under Arry as they have been under Hodgson, when you've got duffers like Welbeck, Young, Carroll etc quarter finals are the probably the best we can hope for.

I always suspected he took his eye of the ball during his final season and he confirms it.

I do still think he was our best manager since Venables and I can't see why Spurs fans want to devalue what he achieved at the club, but my opinion of him as a man has changed dramatically since 2012.

Think those quotes show he was clearly distracted by the England stuff - not even offered the job and he's sounding out rival managers about being his assistant, couldn't make it up.

I know these things cherry pick the most controversial parts but he doesn't come across well there at all. Suprise suprise

He's right about the FA always getting it wrong when it comes to picking managers. Redknapp is a better manager than Hodgson. They didn't go for Brian Clough because he didn't tow the line either despite being England's greatest ever manager. Having said that, results would have been the same under Arry as they have been under Hodgson, when you've got duffers like Welbeck, Young, Carroll etc quarter finals are the probably the best we can hope for.

I always suspected he took his eye of the ball during his final season and he confirms it.

I do still think he was our best manager since Venables and I can't see why Spurs fans want to devalue what he achieved at the club, but my opinion of him as a man has changed dramatically since 2012.

I feel exactly the same way you do.

England needs to change from top to bottom, it's the men suites that know naff all about football that make important academy decisions whilst any coach at youth level upwards who disagrees with them gets told to F off.

Harry was very good over all but he frustrated the hell out of me whenever asked if he wanted the job. Every time a jounrno said 'do you want the job, yes or no?' he would sit there looking like a melting candle and say 'I jus couldn't tell ya, I really couldn't y'know' somehow trying to stay good with both the FA and Tottenham, in case he didn't get the job . For me he made the situation worse by doing that because when you know as a fan, or more importantly as player, then you have some assurance that he is staying or some satisfaction that you know what to do and how best to prepare for that wanted departure if it were to happen.

I feel exactly the same way you do.

England needs to change from top to bottom, it's the men suites that know naff all about football that make important academy decisions whilst any coach at youth level upwards who disagrees with them gets told to F off.

Harry was very good over all but he frustrated the hell out of me whenever asked if he wanted the job. Every time a jounrno said 'do you want the job, yes or no?' he would sit there looking like a melting candle and say 'I jus couldn't tell ya, I really couldn't y'know' somehow trying to stay good with both the FA and Tottenham, in case he didn't get the job . For me he made the situation worse by doing that because when you know as a fan, or more importantly as player, then you have some assurance that he is staying or some satisfaction that you know what to do and how best to prepare for that wanted departure if it were to happen.

The FA made it even harder for us as well, I'm sure they were asked directly in a press conference if Arry was their first choice, they could have answered no and put the whole thing to bed but they did the classic no comment which threw even more gasoline on the fire. He wasn't their first choice as it turned out so they could have made things much easier for Spurs and just ****ing said another manager was being targeted. Clueless organisation.

I'm sure Swansea would be delighted to know that their manager was being tapped up for a job by a man who didnt have a job to be offering that role out anyway

I'm sure Swansea would be delighted to know that their manager was being tapped up for a job by a man who didnt have a job to be offering that role out anyway

Isn't that the truth?! I wonder whether Redknapp envisaged Rodgers as being a part-time assistant who also maintained his managerial duties at club level. I would be surprised if Redknapp went anywhere without Bond, although I doubt Joe Jordan would have wanted to be part of an England set up.

So true. Instead they went with tow the line bumbling Bobby. I have always maintained that the best England team of all time existed not in 66 or 70, but from 82 to 90 and it underperformed terribly. I have always wondered how different it would have been if Cloughie would have been in charge. He'd have built the team around Hoddle for a start, he said as much. It may have also saved him from the man he became. Oh well, another what if on the England scale.

Think those quotes show he was clearly distracted by the England stuff - not even offered the job and he's sounding out rival managers about being his assistant, couldn't make it up.

I know these things cherry pick the most controversial parts but he doesn't come across well there at all. Suprise suprise

Its the highest form of disrespect to our club.

not distracted by it at all, but i'm getting texts from the players all the time and i've worked out who my assistant should be, never crosses my mind really

I do make him right though that the FA are macarons tbf - however he'd have been better off waiting till he retired or at the very least until after the World Cup before airing his views - doing this now is disruptive and unfair on so many people that im struggling believe he's actually done it.

Hm, hitting it long to Andy Carroll, could the be the same Harry who tried to buy Carroll, or the same Harry who hit it long to Crouch?

Back