1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Ratings v Watford

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Mulletperm, 28 Dec 2015.

1. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Frederic Kanoute

No worries, no arguing with his qualities just think he could do with a refocus.

2. GrimsbyYid

GrimsbyYid Gus Poyet

Rose was so bad he distracted me from Carrolls perpetual misplaced passes... How can anyone watch the past few games and not admit that Davies is absolutely clearly our number 1 left back?

Lloris - 7. Dodgy distribution, worryingly flappy, but THAT save
    Tripper - 7. Liked him a lot actually, I think his crossing is a great tool to use at times.
    Toby - 6.5. Solid again, but some really wayward passing
    Jan - 7. Solid
    Dier - 6. So so weak for their goal
    Rose - 4. Awful display. His crossing is always atrocious but today it was another level of bad. After. Brilliant season last year. He's really regressed this season.
    Carrol - 5. Some really nice passing, bu5 gives the ball away far far too much. And though he isn't afraid of a take or a fight, he is so weak.
    Dembele - 7. We're going to miss him badly.
    Lamela - 8. This guys is just sustaining n incredible level
    Alli - 7. Like most of the season. Not amazing, but has flashes of utter brilliance. Think a rest would do him good.
    Kane - 7. All round play very good. Didn't really get a look in on goal.

3. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Pat van den Hauwe

No, was just tickled reading your comment. Going by the commies he was crack, going by you he was cack.:D :p

4. Spur of the moment

Here we go again. Grimsby and his fudging agendas. Yawn.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  5. Gazzasrightboot

Gazzasrightboot Pascal Chimbonda

I agree with these ratings except I would give Rose a 5, Toby a 7 and Carroll a 6. It was a difficult game because of the state of the pitch but also because Watford are absolutely flying at the moment. They are so, so direct and their players are huge and powerful. Not many teams will outplay this Watford team in this sort of form. We kept their two strikers pretty quiet for most of the game because of the change in tactics.

I do sometimes despair with some of the ratings that I see posted and the commentary. Were people really expecting us to smash them 3-0 or 2-0? This is a team that was unbeaten in 5, have scored in every one of their last 9 games and been outplayed once this season by Arsenal. This was a banana skin for us, and Poch and the team navigated it admirably. Sure it could have been a more clinical performance, but playing twice in 2 days will lead to sloppiness as it showed in the game.

A big plus for me was Trippier who had an excellent game considering he's not played much this season and also a big big plus was Lamela. Goal scored, could have scored more and was just classy. My nephew was at the game today and he was in the front row when the players came over to celebrate the second. He has the memory of a life time as he has celebrated a goal with the great Harry Kane and Heung-min Son!!

6. Spur of the moment

Great post all round GRB - especially that last bit. Thanks for taking the time.

Yermiyahu and Gazzasrightboot like this.
  7. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

Busy holiday period .. away to a tough team that has had some great results recently.

Job done = adds a +1 to each players score

A few days off, get rest and our game back to normal levels ...

Gazzasrightboot likes this.
  8. Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon Niko Kranjcar

I may have a tendency to look at glasses as half-full instead of half empty... but 4's and 5's? Seriously?

In their previous three games, Watford trashed Liverpool and were more than worth the point they took against Chelsea? And in the second half, they played extremely well.
    Plus we were playing two days after the Norwich when our style of play requires more recovery time than most other teams.

We kept a strong physical team, with the two most in-form strikers in the league, practically anonymous until the last ten minutes on their own patch and on a very poor playing surface - and came away with a win; something I suspect not too many other teams will be able to say at Vicarage Road this season.

Yes - we made mistakes in our passing especially in the last 20 minutes but I attribute that to the inexperience of the kids, who found themselves playing against 10 men for the first time this season in a game they desperately wanted to win - and they panicked

Gazzasrightboot likes this.
  9. braineclipse

braineclipse Paul Stewart

Spot on for me. Along with tired legs (and minds perhaps) and a difficult pitch we struggled to get our game going. A learning experience for them for sure. I thought we played better before the red card, but lost some of our attacking composure and confidence after the red card.

Their mental toughness was still there to be seen though.

10. NLS

NLS Helder Postiga

I watched the game live in the pub....and I thought the game was played at a frantic pace from the first whilstle.. It was disappointing to see how little we created when they went down to ten men but I thought Watford were the hardest opponents we have played all season.. Full of aggression and energy and lets remember that they played chelscum two days ago and that was a more draining game than ours against Norwich. I also heard that at £6 million Capoue is their most expensive signing.. Quite impressive what they have achieved really.

So, third in the table and third favourites with the bookies to actually win the bloody thing...

We MUST invest in a top quality striker in January as cover for Harry even if we have to pay £5 mil over the top and then who knows...

COYS.

wiziwig likes this.
  11. Spur of the moment

Having had the same amount of time to recover from our last match as our opponents I'm not sure we are entitled to feel that much more tired than them. In the latest table I can find for distance covered (October 2015), we were second but Watford were none too sluggish in seventh.

Distance (km) covered by Premier League clubs per game this season
    • 20. Aston Villa - 104.78
    • 19. Everton - 105.77
    • 18. Norwich - 106.62
    • 17. Stoke - 107.11
    • 16. Swansea - 107.74
    • 15. Sunderland - 107.93
    • 14. Arsenal - 108.03
    • 13. Chelsea - 108.5
    • 12. Liverpool - 108.76
    • 11. Emirates Marketing Project - 109.3
    • 10. Crystal Palace - 109.49
    • 9. Southampton - 109.86
    • 8. Leicester - 110.43
    • 7. Watford - 111.18
    • 6. Newcastle - 111.58
    • 5. West Ham - 112.83
    • 4. Manchester United - 113.4
    • 3. West Brom - 113.44
    • 2. Tottenham - 115.63
    • 1. Bournemouth 118.28

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-clubs-covered-most-6677204

wiziwig likes this.
  12. braineclipse

braineclipse Paul Stewart

I'm not saying that we were much more tired than they were. I don't think that has to be the case for tiredness to be a factor.

13. Rorschach

Rorschach Vic Buckingham

Tiredness I'm sure was part of it but we didn't do ourselves any favours with amount of cheap possession we gave away, and almost every player was culpable IMO. We caught a break with the win really but we were due one. There were plenty of games this season we should have won and came away with a draw, so we'll file that late goal under 'key moments' for the DVD/book of our title win season. ;)

wiziwig likes this.
  14. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

Lloris - 6
    Trippier - 6
    Alder - 6
    Dier - 6
    Vert - 6
    Rose - 4
    Dembele - 6
    Carroll - 6
    Alli - 6
    Lamela - 7
    Kane - 6

wiziwig likes this.
  15. StephenH

StephenH Jimmy Cantrell

Ratings wise I was not impressed with 3 at the back they all looked jittery and unsure, that was down to Poch's change in formation. Our defenders looked to be having difficulty judging the flight of the ball in the first half.

Lloris - 4
    Trippier - 4
    Alder - 5
    Dier - 4
    Vert - 5
    Rose - 3
    Dembele - 6
    Carroll - 5
    Alli - 5
    Lamela - 7
    Kane - 5

16. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

fudge .. I'd hate to see your scores if we lost mate (you did catch the part that we won right?)

4 for Lloris is outrageous, even if you felt he could have done more for their goal, the save at the end has to be worth something ...

17. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

I give the whole team 6.5 for the first 80 minutes, and a 5.5 for the last 10 minutes...except for Son, who gets an 8 coz he won the phucking game with a bit of magic!

18. StephenH

StephenH Jimmy Cantrell

I'm not going over them all. But Hugo's ball distribution was atrocious, he was slow of the line for the goal and got lucky at the corner. He is better than that.

Son got us a very lucky but much appreciated win and I'm over the moon!

19. Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon Niko Kranjcar

No offence mate, but I am a loss whether that post is the essence of delusion or arrogance. Delusion because NO TEAM can win any game with 9 of its 11 players playing at levels of 3, 4 or 5 - let alone in the Premier League and against a massively in-form team that had previously trashed Liverpool on the same ground a week earlier; or arrogance in dissing and dismissing an opposing team at the top of its game having previously won 4 at a stretch and in neglecting the fact that many errors on our side were the result of a worthy opponent whose physical and technical efforts pressured us to make uncharacteristic mistakes.

20. yiddo37

yiddo37 Gheorge Popescu

Lloris - 5
    Trippier - 6
    Rose - 5
    Vertonghen - 6
    Alderweireld - 6
    Dier - 6
    Dembele - 6
    Alli - 5
    Lamela - 7
    Kane - 6