• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Swansea

Routledge got the assist for Gylfi after holding off Benny.

Benny had Routledge to look after, which he did - Routledge wasn't able to take the ball down and turn or anything - he had to lay it off to Gylfi

Meanwhile Kaboul was literally ambling over while the ball was in the air, waiting to see what developed

Kaboul could easily have got across in time if he wasn't so laid back - by the time he started running the ball was with Gylfi

Fair play to Swansea as well. Nice to see teams play football against us and not trying to kick us off the park. 0 bookings for either side I believe too.

Fair play to Swansea as well. Nice to see teams play football against us and not trying to kick us off the park. 0 bookings for either side I believe too.

Thought they did great.

I was overly negative during the game, but I did think they deserved the equaliser. I stand by that now even. That's when we cranked up the pressure.

It's not their play on the ball that reminds me of Barcelona but rather their pressing. It's wonderfull.

They really had our midfield under the kosh at times.

I am not so happy about our PERFORMANCE as other may be today. I thought we look disjointed and lacking of a real gameplan, but when we play midtable (fudge it, these guys should be nowhere near the drop) teams, we have those players with extra spark - today Ade, Lennon and in particular Rafa - who can just create out of nothing.

Friedel 8 Brilliant save from Gylfi kept us in the game
Walker 7 Solid defensively
Gallas 8 Never put a foot wrong
Kaboul 7 Solid should be a bit more disciplined
BAE 7 Good performance as you'd expect
Modric 7 Brilliant touches to find space, kept us ticking
Parker 7 Brave and looks so much better next to another DM
Sandro 7 Played his way out of midfield well and dominated the physical Battle
VDV 9 Class act, 1 goal, one assist brilliant playmaking
Bale 8 Getting into good form at the right end of the season
Ade 8 Took his goal well and solid hold up play

Lennon 7 good work for the goal
Livermore 6
Rose 6

I thought we were pretty good today, and Harry set us up very well. A dodgy 10 min period or so where they looked threatening after their goal, but i can't remember when any opposition haven't had a period 'on top' in a game v Spurs.

Friedel - 8, not at fault for the goal and made a quality save beforehand.

BAE - 7, I thought he looked defensively sound for the most part, and got physical with Routledge as he knew he could get away with it. A whistle happy ref could have made something out of the 2 footed tackle. Smashing it into Parker's back from the FK at the end of the first half was ridiculous, even tho he didn't mean it.

Gallas and Kaboul - 7.5, solid, organised and timely interceptions/blocks.
Walker - 7, can't remember anything rubbish or great

Sandro - 7.5, hassled well, turned his oppo CM and ran into space well with the ball
Parker - 8, quality. Broke up play, passed it simple, got the team closing down by leading by example.
Modric - 7, strange game from Luka for me. The usual great passes, but he also sent a couple of easy passes astray, and his shooting was poor

Bale - 8, very good on the ball, should hug the touch line a bit more for me and try avoiding drifting inside to get the ball. But looked dangerous when in space
VdV - 8.5, motm for me. Great finish for our goal, got involved alot, tackling, tracking back, passing, creating. Commentator said that was the first time we'd scored from a corner in 100 odd attempts or something (may have heard wrong). Ridiculous but believable stat.
Adebayor - 8, 2 goals, held up the ball well.

Lennon - 7.5, forgot he was on the pitch til he came with the assist
Livermore - 7, added a bit of energy to the last 5 mins or so, harried well, got away with the rubbish pass tho

Was very impressed with Swansea. I've read all about how they play like Barca, but only really seen the 'analysis' provided on MoTD. It is a bit of a risky way to play the game, but i believe it is a very difficult way for the oppo to play against and counter as players don't know whether to close high/low up the pitch, let them pass it about/hit them on the counter etc. Harry must have got us organised on the training pitch this week

Bale has got the look of a man thats about to go into overdrive. Have a feeling he will end up our POTY. But Parker probably is up until now.

In regards to the Benny challenge - he did go in two footed BUT he didnt go through the man or to the side. Its like he went into the challenge and got to the ball first.

Friedel 7
Walker 6
Gallas 7
Kaboul 8
Assou-Ekotto 6
Sandro 6
Parker 7
Modrić 7
Bale 7
v. der Vaart 8
Adebayor 7

Lennon 7
Livermore 7

In regards to the Benny challenge - he did go in two footed BUT he didnt go through the man or to the side. Its like he went into the challenge and got to the ball first.

he came from behind at an angle and jumped through two footed, you have to ask yourself "what if the swansea player was more deteremined to get to the ball and planted his leg in front of the ball first?"

dangerous. needs to cut that out

Honestly think BAE is STILL underrated in this board. Can't believe people giving him 6's...

I thinks its more to do with him nearly costing us the game, the ref was entitled to send him off for that tackle. I don't think many doubt his contribution over the course of th season

Really don't think it was that bad. a bit like Kompany's tackle, it was a dangerous tackle but he was precise enough to get the ball and not hurt the Swansea player so fair play to him. And if thats the only thing that was wrong with his game today, why a 6? 8 for me, at least... he was brilliant in defence today and some very good attacking play too.

Really don't think it was that bad. a bit like Kompany's tackle, it was a dangerous tackle but he was precise enough to get the ball and not hurt the Swansea player so fair play to him. And if thats the only thing that was wrong with his game today, why a 6? 8 for me, at least... he was brilliant in defence today and some very good attacking play too.

I agree, i wouldnt send him off, but ref's have to be seen to be clamping down, BAE was ever so lucky to stay on the pitch. All for a rush of blood he could have cost us the game, and ultimately CL football un doing all of that hard work this season.

He has been outstanding this season and I highly rate BAE but the margins are so tight at this level that this could have been the difference between CL football and Europa League

Back