• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rage, tears and disbelief filled rant thread

does poch's style favour teamwork and industry to the point where it would negate individual skill especially in attack? i don't sheringham, berbatov, defoe and keane would have loved the high pressing style. maybe bale, but he's in a different world altogether.

does poch's style favour teamwork and industry to the point where it would negate individual skill especially in attack? i don't sheringham, berbatov, defoe and keane would have loved the high pressing style. maybe bale, but he's in a different world altogether.

Certainly a potential for that, and it does put more pressure on our recruitment process to find the right characters with the right skill set. One of the reasons I'm so adamantly defending Lamela on here, his attitude and work rate along with his obvious (imo) skill makes him a rather rare young player.

Of course players can also change and adapt. Eriksen was one of those at least some of us were worried about in a Pochettino team as his work rate wasn't all that last season. Could easily have fitted in more with the players you named in your post. But he's adjusted and changed and now fits in really well. Other than Berbatov I think there would be potential for that kind of change in all the players you mention.

This cost is there for a reason though, there are some very solid benefits to having a team better suited to working as a unit with matching (as well as complimentary) skill sets. As seen with Dortmund and A. Madrid for example it's a way to punch above your weight.

Well done parklane your team made it to a final.

Yeah, but it's ONLY the league cup final. Same teams, same amount of games (excluding replays), a final at Wembley and a EL spot. It's a close call for least prestigious tournament.

Back