1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

R.I.P. Johnny Brooks

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by K.D.D.D.D.Soc, 8 Jun 2016.

1. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc John Lacy

Sad to see Johnny Brooks has passed away, he was playing when I first went to Spurs but was soon swapped for Les Allen with Chelsea, the rest is history.

2. parklane1

parklane1 Willie Hall

Never saw him play but was told by some family members that he was a tidy player. RIP

3. milo

milo Paul Miller Staff Member

4. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Pedro Mendes

I am sure the club do a lot for former players that we would never hear about (nor need to) but it is always nice to read something like this

parklane1 and K.D.D.D.D.Soc like this.
  5. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc John Lacy

I couldn't say I remember a lot about him as I was just going and was wrapped up in the excitement of going places with my dad rather than my mum and nan and Bobby Smith was the main man.

parklane1 likes this.
  6. jts1882

jts1882 Vedran Corluka

I wouldn't be so sure about it - just look at how United treated the Munich survivors - so I'm even more pleased to read that our club is doing something.

It's hard to believe now, with current player wages, but Brooks played in a time of a maximum wage.