• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Probable Squad for 21/22 ?

VolSpur

Ramon Vega
With Harry tearing up at the end of the match it got me thinking about what we can realistically look forward to next year if he does end up moving on. In a way I'm actually looking forward to a squad refresh and I'm hoping we see some fresh blood. Here's what I'm guessing could be realistic.. curious of every one else's opinions/guesses?

Obviously a lot of this depends on the new manager but I'm curious of what everyone else is wanting/expecting to see next year.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 8.43.10 PM.png

Out: Kane, Lamela, Bale, Reguilon, Davinson, Winks, Dier, Sissoko, Aurier, Davies, Vinicius

GK: Hugo can stay if he wants to. If he wants to go, wouldn’t stand in his way.

DL: Sess and Reguillon. Probably one of the areas of the team I am most confident in.

CB: Toby. Rodon.

DR:

CM: PEH, GLC and Tanguay.

AM: Berg, Son (if he isn’t fed up, probably need to build the team around him and make him our highest paid player, otherwise he’ll be next out) Dele - if he comes back to pre season locked in.

ST: ???

I have such little confidence in this squad, and think it needs such surgery. I’m not convinced we will able to let go of all the players we need to. But that’s probably what we need to do.

I forgot about Skipp! Get him into one of those CM spots.

Skipp is the kind of player who will be putting a shift in, taking the game to the opposition and will be embarrassing more experienced players who don’t give a fudge.

....................................Lloris...................................
NEW.......Alderweireld/Rodon......NEW......Reguilon/Sessegnon
...................Sabitzer...............Hojbjerg/Skipp.................
Bale/Bergwijn................NDombele............................Dele
.................................NEW........................................

Lloris
Doherty Alderweireld Rodon Regulion
Hojberg GLC
Ndombele
Bale Dele Sessegnon
Abraham

Hart
Tanganga Dier Sanchez Davies
Skipp
Winks Sissoko
Bergwijn Lamela Moura
Vinicius
Manager : Gareth Southgate OBE

Last edited:
Lloris
Doherty Alderweireld Rodon Regulion
Hojberg GLC
Ndombele
Bale Dele Sessegnon
Abraham

Hart
Tanganga Dier Sanchez Davies
Skipp
Winks Sissoko
Bergwijn Lamela Moura
Vinicius
Manager : Gareth Southgate OBE
Welcome to 7th.

Hugo, rodon, reggie, Sess, Tanganga, PEH, NDombele, GLC and dele.
The rest can go as far as I am concerned.
Clear the stench of failure and not caring out the dressing room.

Obviously depends upon formation and whether we have European football (unlikely) but something like:

Tanganga/NEW.......NEW/Rodon......NEW/Alderweireld......Reguilon/Sessegnon
...................NEW/GLC...............Hojbjerg/Skipp.................
NEW/Bergwijn...........Dele/NDombele............................Son/NEW
.................................NEW/NEW........................................

We'd likely raise at least £250m - Kane (150), Dier (20), Sanchez (20), Aurier (20), Lamela (10), Moura (10), Foyth (10), Davies (10) + some of Sissoko, WInks, CCV etc

Priority is the two CBs, a new first choice RW and first choice CF and we'd prioritise funds on those presumably. We could spend £50m - £60m on each of the RW and CF plus say £80m on a CB partnership - thats £190m. Then you need a back-up CF and back-up for Son etc, so sufficient cash for this

If we didnt have European football, you might be able to get away with pushing back a new CM and RB to another year,

Hugo, rodon, reggie, Sess, Tanganga, PEH, NDombele, GLC and dele.
The rest can go as far as I am concerned.
Clear the stench of failure and not caring out the dressing room.
Add Skipp, Bergwijn and maybe Foyth to that. I'd add Vinicius as well.

Spend the money on the best centre backs and forwards we can get.

Forgot about skipp, unfortunately I don't think foyth will be back.
Bergwijn is a funny one for me, there's a player in there, but has he the confidence in himself to push on.

Plus Son (when he's not playing every Thurs/Sun without a break).

The biggest issue which we have is the amount of business to be done - we really need at least 4 first-team players (2 CBs, a RW and a CF) as a minimum, and thats before you get on to the back-up players. Thats a lot to be done in one summer, even before factoring in the lack of a manager.

There's a very good chance that we slip down to Everton-ish levels and have to finish 7th-10th at best in the PL for the next couple seasons (in addition to this one) before we bounce back. I was optimistic before but last night was horrendous and the days continue to tick by.

I think to finish 4th-6th or better the new manager needs to arrive pdq and the 4 first team signings flagged above all need to be successful (the CF and RW replace Kane so that we stand still, add in some organisation from the new guy and then the CBs take us up a level from where we are now). Thats a lot to go right. Hopefully Levy will realise that the commercial appeal of the club is heading south rapidly and that will scare him into serious action this summer

Plus Son (when he's not playing every Thurs/Sun without a break).

The biggest issue which we have is the amount of business to be done - we really need at least 4 first-team players (2 CBs, a RW and a CF) as a minimum, and thats before you get on to the back-up players. Thats a lot to be done in one summer, even before factoring in the lack of a manager.

There's a very good chance that we slip down to Everton-ish levels and have to finish 7th-10th at best in the PL for the next couple seasons (in addition to this one) before we bounce back. I was optimistic before but last night was horrendous and the days continue to tick by.

I think to finish 4th-6th or better the new manager needs to arrive pdq and the 4 first team signings flagged above all need to be successful (the CF and RW replace Kane so that we stand still, add in some organisation from the new guy and then the CBs take us up a level from where we are now). Thats a lot to go right. Hopefully Levy will realise that the commercial appeal of the club is heading south rapidly and that will scare him into serious action this summer
How old is Son? How long is his contract? I think now might be just about the best time to cash in on him too.

I'm shocked to see Hart and Doherty's names cropping up. I've never felt so sorry for players being so clearly out of their depth ability wise (well, apart from Gedson).

Obviously depends upon formation and whether we have European football (unlikely) but something like:

Tanganga/NEW.......NEW/Rodon......NEW/Alderweireld......Reguilon/Sessegnon
...................NEW/GLC...............Hojbjerg/Skipp.................
NEW/Bergwijn...........Dele/NDombele............................Son/NEW
.................................NEW/NEW........................................

We'd likely raise at least £250m - Kane (150), Dier (20), Sanchez (20), Aurier (20), Lamela (10), Moura (10), Foyth (10), Davies (10) + some of Sissoko, WInks, CCV etc

Priority is the two CBs, a new first choice RW and first choice CF and we'd prioritise funds on those presumably. We could spend £50m - £60m on each of the RW and CF plus say £80m on a CB partnership - thats £190m. Then you need a back-up CF and back-up for Son etc, so sufficient cash for this

If we didnt have European football, you might be able to get away with pushing back a new CM and RB to another year,
I agree with most of this but think you're way over with what we'll get for most of our outgoings. Perhaps only Moura would fetch the amount you think. Worst of all though we already know that with our current set up we're unlikely to buy well and we'll couple that with slow sales so that our new manager won't get a proper pre-season. I just hope we don't see another final hour of the window sale with Harry Kane like we did with Berbatov that time.

I agree with most of this but think you're way over with what we'll get for most of our outgoings. Perhaps only Moura would fetch the amount you think. Worst of all though we already know that with our current set up we're unlikely to buy well and we'll couple that with slow sales so that our new manager won't get a proper pre-season. I just hope we don't see another final hour of the window sale with Harry Kane like we did with Berbatov that time.

Valuations can always be debated, but Aurier is reportedly going for £20m (https://www.footballinsider247.com/aurier-tottenham-to-psg-is-nearly-done/) and Foyth's price is set at €15m

I'd also argue that if valuations of outgoings are lower, incomings probably are too, particularly as there won't be as many buyers around this summer

I don't think anyone should be expecting to see the best part of 10 out goings this summer. It's going to be harder than usual to offload players.
It'll be at least 12 months before the transfer market returns to anything like normal.

Back