• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predictions for 2021

milo

Jack L. Jones
What do you think will happen next year? We'll lock this thread in a week or two and can laugh at how stupidly off we were in a years time

Probably very little

maybe some entertainment industries crawling up off their knees

footy will be a car crash with more and more randomness

olympics will be cancelled as will the euros in footy

the new us president will take over and retire with health issues in the same year

January:
One month lockdown
First legal claim to be launched about vaccine causing adverse reaction

February:
Boris to step down from PM
heaviest rain in years in the UK. Floods causing big damage in the south of England
David Beckham makes a big news announcement

March
Banks in turmoil due to economy hit by Brexit and Covid
New PM announced
Deals announced for cheap holidays in the UK for the end of 2021 encouraging people to holiday in the UK rather than elsewhere

April
Big changes in air travel
Storms come in to the UK from the US.
this is followed by one week of glorious sunshine at the end of April...unfortunately everyone has been told to stay indoors

that’s four months of totally inaccurate predictions

Spurs finally win the fudging league, but still make it way more difficult than it should have been. It takes until November though due to COVID.

Reality of Brexit and continued pandemic response incompetence causes chaos in the government, Johnson steps down and IDS inexplicably ends up in the seat again.

A new iPhone.

January will be awful but we should start to see an impact on death rates by the end of the month + hospitalisation in Feb. I reckon restrictions will ease in Feb/March and normality by May or June latest with mask wearing restrictions on indoor events and travel to carry on till September or forever.

A new irrationalist political force does surprisingly well in the 2021 local elections. It might be antivax, covidiot, 5G or some entirely novel conspiraloonery.

Two local authorities, a mental health trust and a police force go bankrupt and are administered from Whitehall.

Mid-year, UK-EU data adequacy is jeopardised by some aspect of UK investigatory powers legislation, resulting in a limited rolling adequacy arrangement pending an ECJ decision on abstruse privacy issues, and a second wave of service firms quitting London.

It kicks off properly in the South China Sea and in Kashmir, where India makes limited use of battlefield nukes.

A new irrationalist political force does surprisingly well in the 2021 local elections. It might be antivax, covidiot, 5G or some entirely novel conspiraloonery.

Two local authorities, a mental health trust and a police force go bankrupt and are administered from Whitehall.

Mid-year, UK-EU data adequacy is jeopardised by some aspect of UK investigatory powers legislation, resulting in a limited rolling adequacy arrangement pending an ECJ decision on abstruse privacy issues, and a second wave of service firms quitting London.

It kicks off properly in the South China Sea and in Kashmir, where India makes limited use of battlefield nukes.

My ethnic homeland Kashmir is always going to be a target for Modi and his fascist movement.

That was kind of what I was thinking, without really considering that it might be too close to home for anyone on here. Hope I’m wrong.

We are on the Pakistan controlled side but the hardcore nationalist movement on both sides has always wanted all of Kashmir.

I for one hope your prediction is wrong but whether it's India or Israel, someone is going to use Nukes at some point and it is gonna be vile.

We are on the Pakistan controlled side but the hardcore nationalist movement on both sides has always wanted all of Kashmir.

I for one hope your prediction is wrong but whether it's India or Israel, someone is going to use Nukes at some point and it is gonna be vile.
I have a horrible feeling Trump will drop one on Iran before he walks out the door.

World war 3 :(

I think you are likely right. With the economy hit, with the divide between the World, with Israel being given dominance of the Middle East and over many countries in Africa including Sudan due to the sanction agreements etc then we are suddenly at a point in which one country decides to lash out.

I have a horrible feeling Trump will drop one on Iran before he walks out the door.

He is desperate to do something to them. For another thread but nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction really shouldn't exist. The fact states feel they need something which is in its essence is built to cause mass casualties is inhumane.

He is desperate to do something to them. For another thread but nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction really shouldn't exist. The fact states feel they need something which is in its essence is built to cause mass casualties is inhumane.
Yes, I could not agree more.

I heard a piece about Trump's fascination with nukes a good while back and it did not make for pleasant listening. It went way beyond trying to nuke hurricanes and super-duper missiles. The guy is itching to press the button and is running out of time to do it. If we get through the next 3 weeks without something like this happening I'll be happy.

This type of action would also put Biden's admin in a horrific position from day one, which is just the kind of vindicative brickberg that Trump is. He would give no thought to the ensuing pain and suffering this would unleash.

A few predictions:
2021 will be a good year for climate activism (but bad for the climate) with some actual brick getting done as the Dems take over US politics.
Trump will dominate the airwaves again and escape prison. Another new pandemic. Brexit will be a horror show. Boris will be ousted. Independent Scotland. Spurs will win a trophy. Bitcoin will hit 100k and crash. War in Iran. The tide has turned and 2021 will be a good one.

Last edited:
Back