• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Boris now stands totally on his own in the 'dangerous idiot leader' league table.
He truly frightens me being at the helm of my country.
Brexit still totally beggars belief but then covid arrives and rightly 'trumps' that as its killing people!
But christ what have we done to deserve this current bunch.

Boris now stands totally on his own in the 'dangerous idiot leader' league table.
He truly frightens me being at the helm of my country.
Brexit still totally beggars belief but then covid arrives and rightly 'trumps' that as its killing people!
But christ what have we done to deserve this current bunch.
Hmmm, I dare say things could be worse... a couple of friends worked in Brazil for a few years but were relieved to return to Blighty before Tropical Trump started telling his supporters that taking the vaccine would turn them into crocodiles!

The 'deserving poor' was a Victorian concept resurrected by that arch Tory bitch Margaret Thatcher. It is a throwaway line that people use without fully appreciating it's evil meaning. It sums up all the worst aspects of the modern neo liberal mindset.

It is healthy to work, if your healthy enough to work. You should work.

Paying benefits to lay abouts is morally and ethically wrong. Anyone who has not meet people that meets that criteria needs to broaden the spectrum of people they meet.

Ironically the candidate that was the most morally corrupt in memory was the one that the evangelicals flocked to. He was non-figuratively the antithesis of everything they espouse and yet they were almost proclaiming him as the 2nd coming.

Biden's faith is not really relevant as he won't use it as leverage to achieve his aims, IMO.

Indeed.

it all ties in with my continued assertion that what we just witnessed the last two years especially, was an attempt to cause a form of "holy war" with these crackpots as the Christian Isis (this also embraces fascism). They remain a presence and we cannot be forgetful or lazy in turfing them out. They'll try to "work the aisles" but they are seditionists first and foremost; that cannot be forgotten.

Ironically the candidate that was the most morally corrupt in memory was the one that the evangelicals flocked to. He was non-figuratively the antithesis of everything they espouse and yet they were almost proclaiming him as the 2nd coming.

Biden's faith is not really relevant as he won't use it as leverage to achieve his aims, IMO.

Isn't he actually an atheist as well? Or at least not religious in the slightest?

Trump sounds about as au fait with the bible as me in this infamous interview, mind boggling to think that Evangelicals think he’s their messiah!

Yep
His knowledge of it probably is on par with mine too.... it all depends on what I’ve seen in the movies

That’s the guy with the tiger in the walking dead right?

Not quite. Got to get it second time:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides
By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will
Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children
And I will strike down upon thee
With great vengeance and furious anger
Those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers
And you will know my name is the Lord
When I lay my vengeance upon thee

Not quite. Got to get it second time:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides
By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will
Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children
And I will strike down upon thee
With great vengeance and furious anger
Those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers
And you will know my name is the Lord
When I lay my vengeance upon thee

upload_2021-1-21_23-39-59.jpeg

This is Ezekiel aged 25... and 3/4

It is healthy to work, if your healthy enough to work. You should work.

Paying benefits to lay abouts is morally and ethically wrong. Anyone who has not meet people that meets that criteria needs to broaden the spectrum of people they meet.

You completely miss the point. The deserving poor label essentially said that the the majority of disadvantaged people were in poverty because of their own fault and that only a very few were truly deserving of charity. Enclosures, evictions and industrial revolutions were not a factor it seems. That force of modern evil... the British Tory party continue in this rich tradition into the 21st century.

Back