• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PODCAST - The Game Is About Glory - Tomorrow Never Knows

but another good listen for a bit of brevity.

Levity?

Agree it was interesting listening.

In the Mourinho pod, I felt it lacked a soupçon of balance. While I agree almost all Spurs fans wanted him gone by the end ( myself included) I feel he had been dealt a pretty unfair hand.

1. While the squad he inherited looked good on paper, it hadn't performed for about a year. Some players were past their best ( Dele, Toby, Dier, Rose) others were only interested in moving on ( Eriksen) and others were clearly not good enough ( Sissoko, Foyth, Aurier, Davies, Sanchez, Winks).

2. In his initial stage, he got us scoring goals again, winning away from home ( a skill we had seemingly forgotten) and before the Chelsea game, got us to within a victory of the top four.

3. Despite long term injuries to Son and Kane, he still managed to get us to qualify for the Europa in 6th position from a starting position of 14th when he took over. No mean feat. Especially in the midst of a pandemic.

4. We were robbed of an effective pre-season as Arsenal winning the FA cup against all the odds, meant we had to go through the pre qualification rounds in the EL. In fact, Mourinho never had a normal pre-season with us.

5. He managed to get us to top spot for a couple of game weeks, something I don't think even prime Poch managed.

6. For me, most importantly, he was totally let down by our recruitment team. He inherited four players at a cost of about £120m. I suspect none of them would have been his first choices. In his first window ( with both Son and Kane out injured) he desperately wanted a big, strong target man ( like Drogba, Costa, Ibrahimovich), we bought Bergwyn!
In the summer, he was saddled with Bale ( not his choice) and only Vinni on loan. By that stage and in his last window, he was crying out for an experienced central defender who was a beast in the air and a real leader. We bought no one in the summer and an inexperienced Rondon , who while he may come good, is not what Mourinho wanted for the here and now.

7. Our penalty concessions. We gave away needless penalties against all our leading rivals. Our players have so many reckless brain farts.

8. Our 20 dropped points from leading positions. Criminal. Our players have such a weak mentality. Until we get a real spine in our team with strong players at CH, CM AM and CF we will continue to struggle. Our fascination with wingers is just nonsensical.

While these are all legitimate mitigating factors , they do not excuse his overly defensive tactics, poor team selections, stupid player management and rank bad substitutions leading to a very depressing style of anti-football and a complete breakdown of support from the fans.

In the end, he had to go. but not everything was his fault.

Levity?

In the Mourinho pod, I felt it lacked a soupçon of balance. While I agree almost all Spurs fans wanted him gone by the end ( myself included) I feel he had been dealt a pretty unfair hand.

1. While the squad he inherited looked good on paper, it hadn't performed for about a year. Some players were past their best ( Dele, Toby, Dier, Rose) others were only interested in moving on ( Eriksen) and others were clearly not good enough ( Sissoko, Foyth, Aurier, Davies, Sanchez, Winks).

2. In his initial stage, he got us scoring goals again, winning away from home ( a skill we had seemingly forgotten) and before the Chelsea game, got us to within a victory of the top four.

3. Despite long term injuries to Son and Kane, he still managed to get us to qualify for the Europa in 6th position from a starting position of 14th when he took over. No mean feat. Especially in the midst of a pandemic.

4. We were robbed of an effective pre-season as Arsenal winning the FA cup against all the odds, meant we had to go through the pre qualification rounds in the EL. In fact, Mourinho never had a normal pre-season with us.

5. He managed to get us to top spot for a couple of game weeks, something I don't think even prime Poch managed.

6. For me, most importantly, he was totally let down by our recruitment team. He inherited four players at a cost of about £120m. I suspect none of them would have been his first choices. In his first window ( with both Son and Kane out injured) he desperately wanted a big, strong target man ( like Drogba, Costa, Ibrahimovich), we bought Bergwyn!
In the summer, he was saddled with Bale ( not his choice) and only Vinni on loan. By that stage and in his last window, he was crying out for an experienced central defender who was a hunk of burning love in the air and a real leader. We bought no one in the summer and an inexperienced Rondon , who while he may come good, is not what Mourinho wanted for the here and now.

7. Our pelanty concessions. We gave away needless pelanties against all our leading rivals. Our players have so many reckless brain farts.

8. Our 20 dropped points from leading positions. Criminal. Our players have such a weak meteorology. Until we get a real spine in our team with strong players at CH, CM AM and CF we will continue to struggle. Our fascination with wingers is just nonsensical.

While these are all legitimate mitigating factors , they do not excuse his overly defensive tactics, poor team selections, stupid player management and rank bad substitutions leading to a very depressing style of anti-football and a complete breakdown of support from the fans.

It was an instant reaction pod. We all hated him and wanted him gone. We'd bitten our tongues for ages. There will be a time for balance but it wasn't the night that we got him out if the club.

Levity?

In the summer, he was saddled with Bale ( not his choice) and only Vinni on loan. By that stage and in his last window, he was crying out for an experienced central defender who was a hunk of burning love in the air and a real leader. We bought no one in the summer and an inexperienced Rondon , who while he may come good, is not what Mourinho wanted for the here and now.

7. Our pelanty concessions. We gave away needless pelanties against all our leading rivals. Our players have so many reckless brain farts.

8. Our 20 dropped points from leading positions. Criminal. Our players have such a weak meteorology. Until we get a real spine in our team with strong players at CH, CM AM and CF we will continue to struggle. Our fascination with wingers is just nonsensical.

Appreciate the comments mate, I think if you listened back you'd hear a lot of balance as we have been making great efforts to see all sides.

If that instant one is the only pod you've checked out, then yes, you heard a hair down off the chest reaction to the news. Again, appreciate the comments.

Back