• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pathetic beings

K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Les Ferdinand
I heard on radio this morning police were called to a disturbance at a youth football match in Lancashire, problem appeared to be caused by parents. Luckily when I was a kid nobody watched our youth club games, but my son stopped playing in the early 80's as he didn't like all the shouting and abuse from the touchline. Kids today have an awful time, so much pressure to grow up and act like the macarons they see in the media.
I'm all for people being aspirational but to try pushing your kids in what is a fun pastime is abuse in my view and doesn't help their development into decent people.

I heard on radio this morning police were called to a disturbance at a youth football match in Lancashire, problem appeared to be caused by parents. Luckily when I was a kid nobody watched our youth club games, but my son stopped playing in the early 80's as he didn't like all the shouting and abuse from the touchline. Kids today have an awful time, so much pressure to grow up and act like the macarons they see in the media.
I'm all for people being aspirational but to try pushing your kids in what is a fun pastime is abuse in my view and doesn't help their development into decent people.

As you say there is nothing new in parents causing problems at youth games. Years ago i was coaching at Norwich academy and the parents of some of these kids were allowed to come and watch, however at some games they got out of control shouting and became a problem. Eventually the club had to do something and decided that if parents wanted to watch these games they would have to stand behind a roped off section a pitch width away.

I could write a book about the instances that i have seen watching youth teams ( at certain players) and seen the parents kick off.

I've been to a lot of professional youth games around London and apart from a Palace game found the crowds ok, nothing compared to the louts I see over my local park. When was a kid football was something you did with your mates and you had a laugh, didn't have anyone telling you what to do other than your team mates and I carried that enjoyment of the game for almost 30 years, now I see kids not yet in their teens being told to "man mark", "push up" and "trackback" by wannabe dad's.

As you say there is nothing new in parents causing problems at youth games. Years ago i was coaching at Norwich academy and the parents of some of these kids were allowed to come and watch, however at some games they got out of control shouting and became a problem. Eventually the club had to do something and decided that if parents wanted to watch these games they would have to stand behind a roped off section a pitch width away.
Chelmsford? My mate's boy is there at the moment.

I could write a book about the instances that i have seen watching youth teams ( at certain players) and seen the parents kick off.
Why don't you write a blog for GG?

Chelmsford? My mate's boy is there at the moment.

Why don't you write a blog for GG?

It was always based at Colney while i was there, since then their set up has local areas for different parts. If your mates boy is there then he will be well looked after. I was freelance for a long time so worked at several academy's but Norwich was always well run and had a good reputation.

Back