• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our Squad Qaulity

Bentalab 20
Kane 21
Davies 21
Eriksen 22
Lamela 22
Mason 23
Walker 24
Chadli 25
Lloris 27
Vertonghen 27
Fazio 27

Wow, an average age of about 23.5, that was a relatively young team on saturday

Yep, completely ignored by the media, yet how many times over the last few years have we heard them suck off the scum youth?

To the original thread title, I think we have the best squad quality of PL era, what we need is to focus on balance a little more and finding 1 or 2 more special players (Erisken/Lloris level)

So we've currently got 5 academy grduates on our books (Kane, Bentaled, Townsend, Mason and Carrol) with some promising young'uns in Eriksen, Lamela, Davies, Yedlin and Dier.

Decent :)

Not gonna disagree but I think the hype behind hazard and Oscar so far is way beyond justified. Neither player looks remotely beat to justifying their transfer fee and Hazard looks to me like joe cole mark 2 in more than just appearance. Oscar looks really light weight too.

Prior to Mata stepping up yesterday and he was class Lennon was IMO bette than all 3 and look who he had to play with in Drmpsey and Siggy....

But beyond their first 3 players in those positions their options ain't that great IMO but we could also do with strengthening ours there too

They don't have mcuh defensive cover at all an alma or Zero forward cover

Meanwhile over in in the Lamela thread ...

Not gonna disagree but I think the hype behind hazard and Oscar so far is way beyond justified. Neither player looks remotely beat to justifying their transfer fee and Hazard looks to me like joe cole mark 2 in more than just appearance. Oscar looks really light weight too.

Prior to Mata stepping up yesterday and he was class Lennon was IMO bette than all 3 and look who he had to play with in Drmpsey and Siggy....

:ross:

Dude what have you been sniffing? WTF?

So we've currently got 5 academy grduates on our books (Kane, Bentaled, Townsend, Mason and Carrol) with some promising young'uns in Eriksen, Lamela, Davies, Yedlin and Dier.

Decent :)

Or put it another way. We have an important sprinkling of experience - Lloris, Vorm, Verts, Fazio, Lennon and Soldado - and the rest of our squad are all young, hungry and fit players (all 25 and under)

The players who will soon be departing - Ade, Kaboul, Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele, BAE - are all from the older end too.

Really we could do with shifting nine and signing three of real quality. If only it was that simple in reality.

Really we could do with shifting nine and signing three of real quality. If only it was that simple in reality.

Definitely agree. I think it's a 2-window job though (perhaps 3 out and 1 in in Jan, and 6 & 2 in the summer).

One saving grace could be that all of BAE, Khumalo, Friedel, Kaboul and Ade are out-of-contract in June, so can just be released. The latter two seem to have one year extension options, but I think the club decides whether to exercise them or (hopefully) not

Definitely agree. I think it's a 2-window job though (perhaps 3 out and 1 in in Jan, and 6 & 2 in the summer).

One saving grace could be that all of BAE, Khumalo, Friedel, Kaboul and Ade are out-of-contract in June, so can just be released. The latter two seem to have one year extension options, but I think the club decides whether to exercise them or (hopefully) not
If we think that we can get a fee for them then I am sure we will exercise the extension. If not, we probably won't.

I think that Kaboul could still do a good job for a mid table side.

The interest in Ade from the middle east is encouraging. If we are going to get a fee for him it is probably from here or Russia.

If we think that we can get a fee for them then I am sure we will exercise the extension. If not, we probably won't.

I think that Kaboul could still do a good job for a mid table side.

The interest in Ade from the middle east is encouraging. If we are going to get a fee for him it is probably from here or Russia.

I think their wages for an extra year will come to more than any transfer fee we'll likely get for them, but yeah - we'd have to be sure that we could sell them before extending.

I don't think Kaboul is capable of coping with the pace of the EPL any more (since his injuries took their toll). And, unlike Fazio (and even Dawson), he doesn't have the brain to play without his pace. I think he'd do very well in a slower-paced weaker league like Italy, France or Holland - look at Micah Richards at Fiorentina for example.

I just have a sneaky feeling Ade will either end up at QPR or in Turkey. I know he's not usually the most well-advised, but I wouldn't have thought regions with known racism issues like Russia and the Middle East would necessarily be the best place for him to go.

I think their wages for an extra year will come to more than any transfer fee we'll likely get for them, but yeah - we'd have to be sure that we could sell them before extending.

I don't think Kaboul is capable of coping with the pace of the EPL any more (since his injuries took their toll). And, unlike Fazio (and even Dawson), he doesn't have the brain to play without his pace. I think he'd do very well in a slower-paced weaker league like Italy, France or Holland - look at Micah Richards at Fiorentina for example.

I just have a sneaky feeling Ade will either end up at QPR or in Turkey. I know he's not usually the most well-advised, but I wouldn't have thought regions with known racism issues like Russia and the Middle East would necessarily be the best place for him to go.
I could see Ade at QPR too. He obviously enjoyed playing for Harry, they are desperately short of strikers and they would probably meet his wage demands.

Difference is they were forced to because of injuries whereas we chose to.

Yeah I know that, but it was like watching a youth fa cup tie ... I really don't think Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Burnley are stern enough tests, but good to have maximum points for confidence. It's a step in the right direction, and I hope it's enough to put up a good fight against Man U and Chelsea. About time we stop the trashings.

We have a serious problem when James Milner at 32 looks better than all our current central midfielders

We have a serious problem when James Milner at 32 looks better than all our current central midfielders

We have serious problems when a fit and fresh James Milner or a fairly average player in Wilnaldum (again fresh and injury free) look better than our current midfieldwrs

Or stop moaning, just because of one result. We win and our midfield is the greatest. We lose and it's utter dogbrick.

Back