• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our Directors at the club!

We are Tottenham

Kasey Keller
This is not aimed at Danny Levy..
When I posted we needed a billionaire to win something it,s the only way in modern football..
It was noted by some that we already have billionaire backing as some of Spurs Directors are very well off. This simply is not true is it?
If so ..where's the backing? particularly in this transfer window as it appears we are struggling a little bit.
Other clubs are spending more than us so the assumption is our so called rich Directors are not in the same League as those clubs that keep winning...are they? or they must have deep pockets and short arms...
Anyway fair point to make about where we stand against the rest in the dosh stakes..;)

When I posted we needed a billionaire to win something it,s the only way in modern football..
It was noted by some that we already have billionaire backing as some of Spurs Directors are very well off. This simply is not true is it?
If so ..where's the backing? particularly in this transfer window as it appears we are struggling a little bit.
Other clubs are spending more than us so the assumption is our so called rich Directors are not in the same League as those clubs that keep winning...are they? or they must have deep pockets and short arms...
Anyway fair point to make about where we stand against the rest in the dosh stakes..;)

People come into football to make money, not give it away.

Most asset strip. If you are lucky, like we are, they play the long game and go for organic growth

To be honest the way football has gone awash with money... It's bonkers when others have to
work hard fo a living...not saying footballers should not be paid well mind..but thousands a week lol
Crazy man!

To be honest the way football has gone awash with money... It's bonkers when others have to
work hard fo a living...not saying footballers should not be paid well mind..but thousands a week lol
Crazy man!

It's people paying £50 a month for Sky and BT who are paying for it. Football is basically paid for by a 'big telly tax' on a sizable section of the population.

Footballs a funny old game now.

If the game ended tomorrow and clubs paid off what was needed to be paid and etc many would still be left with money owed which is criminal when you take into account how much money they all make. With players wages football clubs have become glorified facilitators of cash, hardly any have cash in the bank per say.

I would not say its a bad thing, I would say the way the money was distributed was careless, everyone wanted the money hard and fast and now the games caught in trap.

Well its all about opinins, i personally would love to see Sky and BT go bust and let the game return to what is was ( ie the best game in the world).

Well its all about opinins, i personally would love to see Sky and BT go bust and let the game return to what is was ( ie the best game in the world).

Personally me too but alas its not gonna happen. However I maintain that Sky and BT have not been bad for the sport, its how clubs used the money they were given, the distribution of money in the game when the clubs hit "oil" was to players wages and fees rather than putting it in the bank, keeping down certain costs to the fans etc. How can some clubs justify not owning their own grounds when you take into account the money thats washed through clubs?

Personally me too but alas its not gonna happen. However I maintain that Sky and BT have not been bad for the sport, its how clubs used the money they were given, the distribution of money in the game when the clubs hit "oil" was to players wages and fees rather than putting it in the bank, keeping down certain costs to the fans etc. How can some clubs justify not owning their own grounds when you take into account the money thats washed through clubs?

You make some good points and i can not really disagree with them, and sad to say i agree that it will probably not happen.

I,m sorry I've upset so many sensitive souls who just happen to disagree with my stance on subjects and apologies for not having the time to post more often and reply.
I thought that something about the people who run Spurs might be worth posting after all they do have a bit of an imput on what goes on at the club.
Who makes the decisions who we buy from the financial perspective or who decides to sack the Managers,is it a collective decision or just the Chairman.My guess and
I may be wrong, is that others apart from Danny Levy may have their say.
Anyway...one needs to be a fly on the wall no doubt some of you on here would love to squat...but hey..
this obviously has an important bearing how the club operates!
I see Kronke now owns the arse that may see them buying players on the scale of Chelski and manc city.
Not good news for us battling in the transfer market as we presently are..to get the players we need to compete.

CoySpurs.....

It's very unlikely to mean anything of the sort. Kroenke is taking on an extra half billion in debt, which needs to be serviced somehow. Arsenal are much more likely to spend at our scale.

Not to mention he will be able to take cash out the club without it being public. £1.8b is a huge valuation tho. Will have Levy smiling.

Back