1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Other Premier League Matches Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by Jordinho, 1 Feb 2014.

1. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Jermaine Jenas

Don't know how you can defend Levy. Liverpool are doing well now because they kept their best player Suarez. In contrast, Levy sold our best player. Liverpool will be a mid table club now if not for Suarez. If Liverpool do win the league, it will be all down to Suarez and not because of the manager.

2. Robspur12

Robspur12 Paul Stalteri

Re: Rodgers claiming he wouldn't come to Spurs because Levy sacks too many managers - how long did his 2 immediate predecessors last? Can't stand the bloke, people on here were right with the whole "Brenton Rodgers" stuff. Very good manager though- sadly.

3. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

If Liverpool had received a world record bid from Real Madrid for Suarez and they subjected them to their full range of dirty tricks it would have had the same outcome. If we had only received a £40,000,001 bid for Bale he would still be playing for us. It is easy to turn down derisory offers.

4. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

It was just managerial mind games bull**** in the lead up to our first game this season. He was just trying to undermine AVB a little and curry favour with the Liverpool fans.

5. Robspur12

Robspur12 Paul Stalteri

I agree that selling Bale has fooked us and keeping Suarez has been good for Liverpool but I don't see that Levy had any choice. If Real had come in last Summer with 85 million for Suarez he would have been off like a shot. Bale made it clear he did not want to play for Spurs. Liverpool's resolve over Suarez was never really tested they are fooking American after all can you imagine the orgasm they would have had over £85million. I also think that had we continued to play like we did last season, relying on Bale creating chances out of nothing we would have come unstuck this season anyway.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2014
  6. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

An astute tactician that Martinez...

Everton 3-0 Arsenal: Everton maintain their challenge for fourth place | Zonal Marking

Looking through the archives, we haven't beaten ARSEnal by 3+ goals in the league since April 1983 back when Chris Hughton scored the first two in a 5-0 victory. I'm a bit too young to remember that game but it must've been a great day to be a Lilywhite \o/

[video=youtube;lYnhd8Cv3J8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYnhd8Cv3J8[/video]

7. Jordinho

Jordinho John Cameron Staff Member

[tweet]453223141104701440[/tweet]

8. ArnieArdiles

ArnieArdiles Milenko Acimovic

9. Baleforce

Baleforce Clive Allen

sky will get some stick, a scouser with a pen in his hand

10. Robspur12

Robspur12 Paul Stalteri

With respect to the managers

Jol- a lovely but limited manager imo had taken us as far as he could. We were conceding late goals and from practically every set piece. Levy wanted more felt that Ramos could take us to the next level. Right to get rid imo.

Ramos:- very good coach imo and would have appeared a good choice to replace Jol. Started well, but alarm bells were ringing after the carling cup win when we were really poor rather than building on the momentum. I agree the transfer window when he lost both Keane and Berba was not good but he really should have achieved better than 2 points from 8 games none the less - PAV, Bent and Campbell, not great but surely better than the return we got. I have a feeling other factors came into play. Right to get rid imo.

HR- every season apart from 09/10 we had drop in performance level from the beginning of March. Yes he was only given Saha and Nelson in January but who knows who was available at the time for a reasonable price. Not many teams do good business in January. His flirting with the England Job was totally unacceptable. Losing the lead over Arsenal was predominantly due to him taking his eye off the ball. Right to get rid imo.

AVB been done plenty of times.

By the way with regard to the teams challenging for Champs league, no manager gets more than 2 seasons to "get it right." Which chairman of those teams will these days allow a manager to be bottom of the table or get 2 points from 8 games, or the team to look so unlikely to score goals as with AVB this season, before taking action. Lets see how long Man Utd give Moyes to finish outside of top 4 and he is far more proven in the PL than AVB was. So any manager knows that if they get one of these top jobs they will have to hit the ground running.

With regard to ADE/AVB. You are putting a very black and white perspective on events when you do not know how they played out. I think that you are giving AVB the benefit of the doubt here because you like him. I wonder if you would be giving Sherwood the same benefit. Managers have fallen out with players many times, but the manager must always do what is best for the team. AVB made it personal and it cost us.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2014
  11. nelto

nelto Niko Kranjcar

Terrible news for the lad.

12. par_18

par_18 Stephen Kelly

sickening!!! I really think I hate them more than ****.

13. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Man there are going to be some big **** banners and flags at Anfield today, the Sky suck off is in full effect already

14. Jordinho

Who in their right mind would watch the buildup to a game like this? I would end up smashing the tv long before kickoff.

15. Jordinho

Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Sakho, Skrtel, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge

So many average players.

16. markysimmo

I made the mistake of having it on at the start, its off now until ko...

17. markysimmo

The back 5 isnt actually that great, City could 100% test them thats for sure, but by blowing teams away like they do it doesnt matter if they concede, today could be different

18. braineclipse

braineclipse David Ginola

They did fine without him when he was suspended.

19. braineclipse

braineclipse David Ginola

Along with a couple of really good players and one top class player. All working within a functioning system and all working really hard together as a team and as a unit.

20. markysimmo

Pelligrini taking a huge gamble with Kompany especially against the pace of Liverpool, he clearly isnt 100% fit