• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

It's the old debate between 1 immense player or a few very good ones.

It's difficult because we now have a couple of players for each position which is a great situation to be in but do we have that one player that's going to do something amazing and win a game?

The question is, would you rather have Ozil over a group like Lamela/Capoue/Eriksen. Roughly the same cost, Ozil is better than all of them but if he gets injured or has a bad spell you're back where you started where as we've lost Capoue but we've still got Lamela and Eriksen so the first teams still better.

Let's not start panicking just yet, he hasn't signed yet let alone won them the league.

HTML:
Am i really seeing this? talk about knee-jerk, the man has talent but we have signed Lamela and Eriksen, neither have even got their foot in the door and your saying advantage Goons???? Christ on a bike

Agreed mate. Ozil is a classy player but he is a step up in the area there strongest in. Would be like us signing another defensive midfielder now. That's a hell of a lot of money to commit to one player but will he make them that much better overall? Also how are they gonna actually win the ball or are they planning on playing everyone on the break (cue the argument they won't lose the ball). But let's see if that's it for them so far

HTML:

Agreed mate. Ozil is a classy player but he is a step up in the area there strongest in. Would be like us signing another defensive midfielder now. That's a hell of a lot of money to commit to one player but will he make them that much better overall? Also how are they gonna actually win the ball or are they planning on playing everyone on the break (cue the argument they won't lose the ball). But let's see if that's it for them so far

It really wouldn't.

Rosicky is a good player and he's had a resurgence in form in recent years at an inopportune time for us as they've had to call on him quite a bit.

Take him out of the team we faced yesterday and replace him with Ozil, that's a massive upgrade. Yes yes, I know, Podolski is out injured or whatever, doesn't change things.

It really wouldn't.

Rosicky is a good player and he's had a resurgence in form in recent years at an inopportune time for us as they've had to call on him quite a bit.

Take him out of the team we faced yesterday and replace him with Ozil, that's a massive upgrade. Yes yes, I know, Podolski is out injured or whatever, doesn't change things.

I disagree I'm afraid. Ozil is quality but scoring goals and creating has hardly been their problem. It's stopping teams going through them like Villa did or bossing them around the pitch like we did (although with no end product). There also desperate for another forward option which they may get but they may not.

Its similar to Chelsea's signing if Willian in that they have added to where there well stocked. Yeah he may be better tha what they have but surely you would address your areas if weakness first?

I disagree I'm afraid. Ozil is quality but scoring goals and creating has hardly been their problem. It's stopping teams going through them like Villa did or bossing them around the pitch like we did (although with no end product). There also desperate for another forward option which they may get but they may not.

Its similar to Chelsea's signing if Willian in that they have added to where there well stocked. Yeah he may be better tha what they have but surely you would address your areas if weakness first?

No reason to be afraid to disagree, you should be delighted to disagree :) I hope you're right and that I'm flat out and spectacularly wrong if they do end up signings him.

It was nice of Ars-e to unsettle Cabeye and then completely abandon the deal 10 seconds later.

But we're they ever serious with their offer and who would you take if you could afford Ozil?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine deserve some of this agro because if the way there running their club now, its a shambles. I feel sorry for their fans

Lloris/ Brad > Vivano Chesney

Sagna/Jenkinson > Walker/Naughton
Verts/ Dawson/ Kaboul/Vlad > Koscielny, Vermaelen, Mertasacker
Rose/BAE > Gibbs/Monreal
Sandro/Capoue/Dembele/Paulinho/Holtby > Wheelchair/Arteta/Ramsey/Flamini/Diaby
Ozil/Rosicky/Carzola/Walcott/AOC/ Miyaichi > Lennon/Lamela/Townsend/Chadli/Sigs/Eriksen

Soldado/Defoe/Ade > Giroud/Podolski/Sanogo

I'm praying Ozil falls through.

Lloris/ Brad > Vivano Chesney

Sagna/Jenkinson > Walker/Naughton
Verts/ Dawson/ Kaboul/Vlad > Koscielny, Vermaelen, Mertasacker
Rose/BAE > Gibbs/Monreal
Sandro/Capoue/Dembele/Paulinho/Holtby > Wheelchair/Arteta/Ramsey/Flamini/Diaby
Ozil/Rosicky/Carzola/Walcott/AOC/ Miyaichi > Lennon/Lamela/Townsend/Chadli/Sigs/Eriksen

Soldado/Defoe/Ade > Giroud/Podolski/Sanogo

I'm praying Ozil falls through.

Medical done according to the SS news. I'd say the only thing that could scupper this now is oil money from PSG or the like.

I think Mourinho has had a real moment in letting Lukaku go and will end up regretting it..

Maybe.
But if Lukaku allows Everton to get a few more points against the teams at the top, and Mourinho persists with this pattern of one forward (if at all) then I can at least see his hope.

We'll see more of their 4-6-0 (4-5-0 if Torres starts), but this Mourinho side won't be nearly as good as last time. Probably more boring to watch though.

Ozil's a worrying buy for Arsenal. One of the best players in the world even if he's in a place they are well stacked. Shocked they've pulled it off and Madrid were willing to sell.

Ozil's a worrying buy for Arsenal. One of the best players in the world even if he's in a place they are well stacked. Shocked they've pulled it off and Madrid were willing to sell.

He isn't as good as Bale, Ronaldo or Isco (who will soon be talked about as being in the top 3 in the world )

This transfer seems a little odd to me. Sure Arsenal have CL football but they're nowhere near competing for a title. I think Ozil could have had his pick of clubs in Europe even at that price. Hats off to Arsenal for pulling this transfer off.

This transfer seems a little odd to me. Sure Arsenal have CL football but they're nowhere near competing for a title. I think Ozil could have had his pick of clubs in Europe even at that price. Hats off to Arsenal for pulling this transfer off.

they also offered him 3.5m euro's more a year than Madrid were paying him too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was nice of Ars-e to unsettle Cabeye and then completely abandon the deal 10 seconds later.

Did this get picked up here yesterday?

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/c...Machine-gunners-said-25m-a-lot-for-a-reserve/

Back