• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Re: Harry Redknapp

@StanCollymore: Harry Redknapp bookies favourite to be new Brighton & Hove Albion manager.

If Redknapp takes Brighton over, it's conceivable he could retire having caused more damage to England's South coast than Hitler managed to.

:ross:
Made me laugh!

Seriously, if he ditches QPR it will be a disgrace. Thank GHod he's nowhere near our club!

Harry Redknapp has warned Queens Park Rangers’ owners to back him in the transfer market or risk him quitting the club.

Redknapp wants to be active in the transfer market this summer but has so far been frustrated in his attempts to lure his top targets. The QPR manager, 66, wants to sign Wayne Bridge from Emirates Marketing Project on a free, but the move has so far proved elusive.

Redknapp, who joined in November but failed to keep QPR in the Premier League, also said that if he doesn't get his choice of suitable players through the door, the club 'won't have a chance'

Redknapp told Sky Sports News: ‘I’m happy there. The owners, the board are nice people to work for.

'If they let me manage the club and choose the players I want and don’t interfere then they’ll have a chance, if they don’t then it’ll be difficult.

‘If we don’t change it and I don’t get the players in I want then we won’t have a chance. You can’t let other people have any say at all.

'I’m a football person, I’ve got the staff around me who are football people, we have to make the decisions.

'If we make the right ones well have a chance. If others want to make decisions we’ve got no chance

‘If I don’t get that I wouldn’t stick around. I’ve got to speak to Tony Fernandes and they’ve got to back me with who I want.'

Redknapp must keep the majority of his highly-paid first team squad happy, but is looking to bring some talent and experience to the club too.

Owner Fernandes has typically been supportive in the transfer market, but the degree to which the manager has been involved in these dealings is debatable.

'I’m not after loads of money I’m looking at a couple of free transfers. Trying to get Wayne Bridge in,' added the former Tottenham, Portsmouth and West Ham boss.

'Thought he did fantastic at Brighton last year, he’d be a good left back for us, to come in, great experience, looks in great shape. He’s a player I really want to bring in on a free. So I’m hoping that’s the first deal I can do.

'Tony’ s away but I’ll try speak to him today and see if we can push on and get the deal done.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2336502/Harry-Redknapp-strong-warning-Queens-Park-Rangers-owners.html

He is too good, and too old!, to be managing a Championship club. One of the last Managers left with any real charisma and English football sorely needs that in the top flight. Sadly the best English Manager left in the Premiership now is Brendan Rodgers who has the all the charisma of a wooden door. Even more sad for us is that I think he is a bloody good Manager who will likely have Liverpool above us in the next year or two.

On another note really pleased that Utd have given British talent a chance to shine in charge. Most top flight Managers are good enough and it's usually just a matter of a Manager finding the right partnership club to thrive with. But Chairman and fans now always want the quick fix option and that usually means getting a successful or high profile foreign Manager in and when you look at the League it's the same teams competing regardless of who is in charge so may as well give home grown talent a go I say!

I actually have some ITK on the new brighton manager, but as i hate itk the flimflam im in two minds to post it.

Oh well here goes tony bloom meet with Owne Coyle 2 weeks ago to apparently discuss ways of progerssing the club. He meets with a lot of managers and coaches as he tries to gain more knowledge of the football world which i guess is something all young chairman should do. I know he met our very own terry venables last year and they got on very well at Richards an exclusive hotel and restaurant near uckfield, Lewes.

He has met Coyle twice though so maybe there is a little more in it. I am actually fairly well connected with a few at Brighton.

Wayne Bridge is a football canary in the coal mine, any manager that suggest signing him should be fired on the spot.

Been busy today old Harry:

Redknapp told TalkSPORT: 'Gareth won’t want to leave, he’s happy at Tottenham.

'He’s not an over-ambitious lad. He wants to be successful obviously but he’s not someone I can see moving to Real Madrid at this stage in his life.

'His football is going great, he’s PFA Footballer of the Year and loved in this country by football fans who know the game.

'He’s very happy at Tottenham and I can see him staying for at least another year. Eventually he’ll feel it’s time to give it a go abroad, somewhere like Barcelona or Real Madrid, because he is capable of playing anywhere.

'He is the third best player in the world at the moment, behind Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.'

If Bale does stay, he will have to make do with the Europa League after Spurs failed to finish in the top four, having being pipped at the post by Arsenal.

But Redknapp believes that his old club is capable of qualifying for the Champions League next season ahead of their North London rivals.

He said: 'They [Spurs] have got the nucleus of a good side.

'Jan Vertonghen was top class last year and I can see them making the top four next season, but it’s going to be tough.

'Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project will get better and Arsenal have got to get better. They scraped into the Champions League this year but it’s an Arsenal team that is nowhere near some of the last 10-15 years.

'It’s the poorest Arsenal team I’ve seen in a few years but they still managed to scrape into fourth. I don’t think they’ll get away with that next year, they’ll need to improve in the summer.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2336460/Harry-Redknapp-believes-Gareth-Bale-stay-Tottenham-Hotspur-summer.html

Wouldn't normally dare dip into the Harry thread but I always find it pretty funny that this JJetset fella always has something to say about him lol..

JJetset said: ↑
Massive bust up at QPR CEO with H but FFS first thing he does is leak to press? wtf?
He could do anything now so Brighton may be worth an outside bet?

JJetset said: ↑
If you sat with him you would soon realise that he's not right!! Normal conversations are like he is doing an interview on the TV! Very odd.Except for all the swearing!
Lovely guy though!!

Been busy today old Harry:

Redknapp told TalkSPORT: 'Gareth won’t want to leave, he’s happy at Tottenham.

'He’s not an over-ambitious lad. He wants to be successful obviously but he’s not someone I can see moving to Real Madrid at this stage in his life.

'His football is going great, he’s PFA Footballer of the Year and loved in this country by football fans who know the game.

'He’s very happy at Tottenham and I can see him staying for at least another year. Eventually he’ll feel it’s time to give it a go abroad, somewhere like Barcelona or Real Madrid, because he is capable of playing anywhere.

'He is the third best player in the world at the moment, behind Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.'

If Bale does stay, he will have to make do with the Europa League after Spurs failed to finish in the top four, having being pipped at the post by Arsenal.

But Redknapp believes that his old club is capable of qualifying for the Champions League next season ahead of their North London rivals.

He said: 'They [Spurs] have got the nucleus of a good side.

'Jan Vertonghen was top class last year and I can see them making the top four next season, but it’s going to be tough.

'Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project will get better and Arsenal have got to get better. They scraped into the Champions League this year but it’s an Arsenal team that is nowhere near some of the last 10-15 years.

'It’s the poorest Arsenal team I’ve seen in a few years but they still managed to scrape into fourth. I don’t think they’ll get away with that next year, they’ll need to improve in the summer.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2336460/Harry-Redknapp-believes-Gareth-Bale-stay-Tottenham-Hotspur-summer.html

Don't see a lot wrong with that. But I'm sure others will be foaming at the mouth with rage.

trying to sign Wayne Bridge after all that spiel about having players that won't fight for the team, that are on too much money :lol:

Bloody good player at his best too. I wonder how it would have all turned out if Levy had backed Hoddle on Bridge. Not sure about Bridge now though, the whole Terry thing fudged with his head too much.

Back