• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham vs WBA***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah well, not going to debate the point. He lacks finesse on the ball but is a unit and until we find a unit that can play with finesse Mourinho will use him in games like this. I also wonder if last Jan, Ziyach was the man he wanted over Bergy? Have to say, that player would've been a great part of our squad. Still, all good and onwards.

Its just an opinion, I think the worse the opposition the more we seem to pack the team with grafters and its those games we lack quality.

I agree on Bergy, I think he has looked poor other than his debut goal.

Its just an opinion, I think the worse the opposition the more we seem to pack the team with grafters and its those games we lack quality.

Not sure packing the teams with grafters is a good description of the lineups we've seen recently. Other than Sissoko who are the grafters in our recent lineup?

The question for me is if we can develop our attacking play enough to be good enough despite having a central midfielder that lacks quality on the ball. Or can we develop our defensive game to the point that we can do without Sissoko and still be solid enough. Or will it be a choice between graft and quality where we will see games like those we've seen recently fairly often.

Some really interesting tactical posts here; from what people are seeing do they think we will be in our element in the games coming up?
Or will we be somewhat found out from a creativity point of view?

Not sure packing the teams with grafters is a good description of the lineups we've seen recently. Other than Sissoko who are the grafters in our recent lineup?

The question for me is if we can develop our attacking play enough to be good enough despite having a central midfielder that lacks quality on the ball. Or can we develop our defensive game to the point that we can do without Sissoko and still be solid enough. Or will it be a choice between graft and quality where we will see games like those we've seen recently fairly often.

Dropping our better offensive fullbacks for height in the box against Burnley was doing that in my opinion.

For me its not about a creative midfielder as the front 3 are in this system expected to do alot of that themselves, its about having enough quality in the middle to retain the ball for longer. Getting Ndombele and Gio in the same side with PEH would in my opinion solve that and collectively they are not devoid of being a threat going forward.

Just my view

I actually think Bergwyjn has much higher potential than Moura and perhaps even Son. He seems really intelligent when confident and plays with his head up (will often take the better decision on when to shoot vs when to pass imo)

I hope he is not wasted by our coaches as he could be a gem in a few months/years

Dropping our better offensive fullbacks for height in the box against Burnley was doing that in my opinion.

For me its not about a creative midfielder as the front 3 are in this system expected to do alot of that themselves, its about having enough quality in the middle to retain the ball for longer. Getting Ndombele and Gio in the same side with PEH would in my opinion solve that and collectively they are not devoid of being a threat going forward.

Just my view

You raise a fair point re picking taller full backs, and that's the best of Jose: tailoring selection and tactics to the opposition. Obviously, there is a point where we have to have our own identified method of play and have that as our primary way of playing or approaching a game. Sadly, i wonder how much that second half vs West Ham has taken some of our daring a little. Over the next month or so will tell us a lot...

I do wonder if Jose is slowly working towards a midfield 3 of PEH, Gio and Ndom..has he been able to field those 3 together yet?

Some really interesting tactical posts here; from what people are seeing do they think we will be in our element in the games coming up?

It's hard to say as I think most of our next 6-8 games will be teams that try to play us, and we tend to look/play better in those scenarios (we just need to keep our defence improving and take our chances).

Not sure when the next run of bottom dwellers will be ..

You raise a fair point re picking taller full backs, and that's the best of Jose: tailoring selection and tactics to the opposition. Obviously, there is a point where we have to have our own identified method of play and have that as our primary way of playing or approaching a game. Sadly, i wonder how much that second half vs West Ham has taken some of our daring a little. Over the next month or so will tell us a lot...

I do wonder if Jose is slowly working towards a midfield 3 of PEH, Gio and Ndom..has he been able to field those 3 together yet?

I think that is the lineup against low block/sit deep teams ..

We haven't as Gio and Ndombele still are not fully fit (he talked about Gio after last game still working back), so rotation for now.

The thing is I think West Ham scared us because on the face of it, it suggests we scored 3 and were pegged back 3 for being overly open but we did not get hit on the break, our undoing was sitting back in inviting them on with them having alot more possession.

The thing is I think West Ham scared us because on the face of it, it suggests we scored 3 and were pegged back 3 for being overly open but we did not get hit on the break, our undoing was sitting back in inviting them on with them having alot more possession.

West Ham scared Mourinho! Christ knows what City will do to him!
Harry will need his goalkeeping gloves!

Definitely think we can look much better in those games. Should provide some game conditions that suit us.

We might have focused more on regaining our defensive solidity because of the West Ham game. The upcoming run might also have been a factor, getting that sorted before the tougher run coming up where we'll definitely need it.

These games can turn on a single mistake, single goal. Will always be the potential for a bigger win for either team. But I go into this run with some optimism as they should on paper suit us and Mourinho is good at these.

Not too worried about creativity. If we defend well we'll get counter attacking opportunities. Will be easier to find space in behind. Kane is absolutely outstanding these days, Ndombele is looking truly special, and we know what Son in particular is capable of.

Keeping things tight at the back is the concern. I like that we have Alderweireld and Dier starting, I think that makes us solid. The others are finding their roles. But up against to quality opposition we'll be put to the test.

Back