• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Burnley (also some spare tickets)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So with Jose we have won 3 out of 4. If we keep this up we'll end up on 74 points. Enough for 4th?

Hahahah going by form I'll have two tickets available for the chelsea game.

I got bolloxed on friday and bolloxed today came back to the forum and seen you see you next Tuesdays take the tinkle with this thread.

Cant smile without you

Just watched a vid, and we've been described as Alicia Keys FC - "this Spurs is on fire" and described burnley as mandingo 'you thought you had all the long balls in the world'

My word, made me laugh, what a great day

Add the key element of Dier and an interested-again Alderweireld for further sauce/support of your point. Honestly, it astounds me that Dier's importance to us is not recognized more. He is still getting fully match-fit, and yes, he mis-placed two simple passes, but not only did we cover them, HE covered/harassed/niggled away at everything today, and often played a tight, tidy pass to one of the dynamic trio to flow forwards. Poch was robbed of him for what, 18 months? MouMou wanted him badly at Utd (he deff tapped him up and Dier stayed because of a convo with Poch only to re-injure) so thankfully, we know the manager gets it. I thought his platform was immense...on another note, I heard Winks was in a cast/boot today?

A fit again Dier returning to form is obviously massive for us. I think we've seen against West Ham and Burnley in particular how important a strong (and tall) DM can be against long hoofballs.

I think how he's valued has been because of his poor form, a large part of that has been because of injury and illness.

I feel MouMou knows that Dier is already doing a lot for him, he knows more to come and he will absolutely be here beyond December IMO. Yeah, I knew neither were fit but was not aware of the fact Winks was in a boot (did you know?).

The main issue most had with MouMou was based on Levy. Obviously the man is a winner and he knows what he wants. Levy came to a fork in the road and chose this path over long-term project work with the previous. So now he absolutely HAS to give MouMou what he wants and when he wants it. IF MouMou wants a player in Jan, and if Levy fudges about to save 5 mill and pushed it to the Jan deadline, MouMou will not be happy and things will get weird fast. The ball is in Levy's court, it is his game to lose. I think that's more what most people thought with regards to JM/Spurs?!

He will definitely be here beyond December.

The problem is that Wanyama seems beyond his peak and massively plagued with injuries. So we need another option there at some point in case of injuries to Dier and for rotation. Unless Skipp is seen as that player, but I'm not sure he fits as the DM for Mourinho.

Question is if Dier makes himself a clear first choice, meaning we can get a younger/backup player for him (assuming the above to be true). If Dier hadn't started showing clear signs of returning to form we might have looked for a different first choice, if successful that could have left Dier with little game time and struggling to find form.

It's really odd, so many people (including pundits) thought Jose would not fit with Spurs, truth is

- 4-2-3-1 and half the fudging squad -> Toby, Dier, Son, Dele, Kane, Lucas are exactly Jose type players (and player he wanted to buy)
- He will give Dier the opportunity to find his form, as long as Dier puts in the shift .. December will probably be the make or break for Dier at Spurs .. he either plays back into fitness and shows form, or we will buy that type of player in Jan (Jose needs it)
- Add the fact that he is building on a system and he is a little better with consistency (I think Poch fudged up when players were not in form by too much rotation making it very hard for them to play back into)

Yep, Winks and N'dombele weren't fit.
I agree. Just to add to this we already had a squad just about completely void of luxury players or players unwilling to work hard or learn. A squad ready made for Mourinho to come in and do his thing.

The jury is still out on Moura defensively, but he showed against Burnley that he might just step up.

Thought we were very very good yesterday from the off. Was impressed with Kane, Son, Moura and Toby. Most of the others did well.

But Dier, Aurier, Sanchez and Gazza were weak links and better teams would have punished their mistakes. Aurier was particularly disappointing after some decent performances. He kept diving in unnecessarily. Dier gave some balls away in dangerous positions and was lucky to get away with it. He did some good things too to be fair.

But these are the margins between being winners and being glorious failures. While yesterday was much better, even allowing for a very poor Burnley performance, we are still carrying some passengers.

A very encouraging display.
Everyone played well, apart from Aurier.
I was expecting him to have a brain fart at any moment.
Great energetic start, straight from the starting blocks.
Can we PLEASE do this every game, Home or Away.

And Sissoko was GREAT. :)
Hit the post and scored a very good goal.
A good showing from him.

BTW. Interesting stat.
Apart from from Kane and our AMs, ( Son, Alli, Lucus & Lamela )
Sissoko and Ndombele have the best scoring record.
Both with 2 goals and 1 assist.
Not too be bad eh.;)

Back