• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v Wolves

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nayenezgani

Jimmy Neighbour
Games coming thick and fast like the perfectly made custard.

Sounds like Serge and Dele could be back:

Serge Aurier is back in training with the squad while Dele Alli will be assessed ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash with Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Right-back Serge has been suffering from a groin problem since the 2-0 win at Leicester City on 8 December.

Midfielder Dele sat out of our Boxing Day win over Bournemouth, having been withdrawn at half-time during last weekend’s 6-2 triumph at Everton over a hamstring concern.

Elsewhere, central midfielder Victor Wanyama (knee) has now joined defender Jan Vertonghen (thigh) in on-field rehabilitation.

Mousa Dembele (ankle) is concluding his final stages of rehabilitation while Eric Dier remains sidelined after having his appendix removed.

Kick-off against Wolves is at 3pm at Wembley

I'd go with:

Lloris

Aurier Foyth Sanchez Davies

Winks Skipp

Lamela Eriksen Moura

Kane

Subs: Gazza, Rose, Trippier, Toby, Sissoko, Son, Alli

3 - 0 win. Kane, Moura, Son off the bench.

COYS!

Don’t think we can afford to rest Toby with Vertonghen being out.

I’d also play Son in every game until he leaves for the Asian Cup as he’s playing too well to leave out of the side.

Agree with that. I'd also say that until Dier is fit, Sissoko needs to play. And when Dier is back, at least one of Sissoko or Dier should be in the team. Otherwise, we are too lightweight in midfield.

Promising that Dembele and Wanyama are on the way back, hopefully they can play the Tranmere game and give the others a rest.

I'd go:

---------------lloris
aurier----sanchez---toby----davies
--------sissoko--winks---dele*
----------------lamela
-------------kane-----son

*Eriksen if Dele isn't fit enough. Be handy to rest Eriksen though, if we can.

Sissoko isn't a robot and can't play every game.. Son needs a rest too. Just because he's off in the new year doesn't mean we should abuse him.

When was the last time Alderweireld had a rest?

Sissoko isn't a robot and can't play every game.. Son needs a rest too. Just because he's off in the new year doesn't mean we should abuse him.

When was the last time Alderweireld had a rest?

I’ll give you Sissoko, seriously, thank fudge he’s been fit every game and has had a resurgence otherwise we would have been fecked considering the injuries we have had in that position.

Re Son, yes it does. He’s our player until the Asian games and he’s one of those players who you have to give him as many minutes as possible when he’s this hot. There must have been games when Son didn’t start earlier in the season?

CB’s don’t require as much rest as attacking players but more importantly we don’t have enough experience to rest him. If we had Dier then maybe but Wolves are a decent side so I’d pick at least one experienced CB.

Wolves are a good footballing team and can't be under estimated, they are capable of beating us if we put too weak a side out, I would opt for our strongest eleven and rest players who need it later in the game if possible, we must keep winning.

A little bird said we will keep this run going:

Gerry-Francis.jpg

Wolves are a good footballing team and can't be under estimated, they are capable of beating us if we put too weak a side out, I would opt for our strongest eleven and rest players who need it later in the game if possible, we must keep winning.

Not really Poch's style. I'd have hooked Kane and Eriksen after an hour against Bournemouth

Also re. resting players, I think our players took a bit of a break during the games against Everton and Bournemouth. We were never going full tilt in the 2nd half v Bournemouth and we were 4-0 up after an hour, the game was done with 30 minutes to play. Against Everton, we went 5-2 up after 61 minutes -- not quite as easy as Bournemouth, but I'd say the game was a bit of a coast for the last 30 minutes with a 3 goal lead and the stuffing pretty much knocked out of Everton.

Easy victories, with 3 or 4 goal leads reached by 60 minutes, are almost as good as a rest imo.

If we score another 4 or 5 in this game we will still not be involved in this title race.

Wolves play great football but lack goals IMO

When we played them at their ground I couldnt see them scoring until we have away the stupid penalties

Their wing backs have been excellent

I have just learned that Molineux is apparently known as the ‘custard bowl’. Fortunately that didn’t lend them much luck against us at said custard bowl. Hopefully the custard is now all ours.

Back