• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Norwich FA Cup ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given our "performance" I really couldn't see us beating a poor Man U, then Cheatski, then ManCity at Wembley, so I wasn't that fussed about going out.

We just haven't "got it" at the moment, not by a long shot.

Equally, we will go out to Leipzig and "concentrate" on the league... will it be enough for us to scrape into CL though? HIGHLY unlikely. All very meh.

Enough to scrape 9th

Norwich aren’t bad, their just a very good footballing side who make mistakes
Their football and confidence in the ball is why their going down as they can’t dig in for a result
Technically they will be the best team to go down in a very long time

Agree with all of that but I still don't think we should be approaching the game in the same way as if they're Emirates Marketing Project ..

We should be looking to impose ourselves on them and with the added bonus of an early goal, be looking to put the game beyond them by half time...

All this, standing off of them in their own half and keeping our defensive shape, that's okay against the top teams and although I don't like it, I can accept it ... But against the League's bottom club and with their #1 striker Pukki benched, nah, that's not what our club is about..

Agree with all of that but I still don't think we should be approaching the game in the same way as if they're Emirates Marketing Project ..

We should be looking to impose ourselves on them and with the added bonus of an early goal, be looking to put the game beyond them by half time...

All this, standing off of them in their own half and keeping our defensive shape, that's okay against the top teams and although I don't like it, I can accept it ... But against the League's bottom club and with their #1 striker Pukki benched, nah, that's not what our club is about..
This, Jose is showing he is a) a coward and b) past it in terms of coaching and tactics

This, Jose is showing he is a) a coward and b) past it in terms of coaching and tactics

Further to your points ...Why would Levy appoint a manager with a defensive approach, one who happily cedes possession against weak teams?.. Levy could've got Big Sam or that guy who's now at the Canning Town Bingo club and it would've been a lot cheaper....

Maybe Levy thought he needed a big name for the Amazon Movie :D

Why oh why did Jose play Vorm? A keeper you had not played anywhere in the last 18 months. It looked a bad decision before the game and cant remember him holding any cross or shot during it. Clearly not the sole reason we lost the game but certainly contributed to it.

Only positive to take out of the game was a good performance from Skipp.

As I said before, we have lost our soul as a team. In our recent heyday, we had a core of young hungry English players supplemented by three fantastic Belgians and a brilliant Dane. We desperately need to get back to our English roots and only supplement with a few top quality foreign players. Not continue to look for salvation abroad.

We have played worse this season but that was still pretty damn poor. Outplayed for large parts at home to the worst team in the league. Lose a shootout in your own stadium at the home end. Given the opposition in front of us, what was at stake and the outcome that was pretty much rock bottom for games I’ve been to watch over the last 12 months and I left at 80 mins! Didn’t even have to endure the penalties.

Keep thinking it can’t get worse but we’ve still got Arsenal at home, there isn’t another side in football who takes as much pleasure at winding us up and kicking us whilst we are down.

The entire club from top to bottom needs a meteorology transplant.
If you left on 80 mins you actually missed our best spell. The last 10 mins of the 90 we played really well. It was like the team thought "gonad*s to this, we want to win. Let's ignore the manager's GHod awful negative tactics and just take the game to them" and we did and should've scored in that period. Of course Mourinho got hold of them at full time and ensured we were back to our insiped worst again for the next 15 mins.

Well we just threw that tie away didn't we? who was the brainiac who thought it would be a good idea to that plank Vorm in goal. Another tinkle weak collapse against the might of ...Norwich at home. seriously, one could be excused from thinking that Tottenham are engaging in self harm. we are self sabotaging our season.

Further to your points ...Why would Levy appoint a manager with a defensive approach, one who happily cedes possession against weak teams?.. Levy could've got Big Sam or that guy who's now at the Canning Town Bingo club and it would've been a lot cheaper....

Maybe Levy thought he needed a big name for the Amazon Movie :D
Don’t joke at your last point. Out social media ‘presence’ went up roughly 25% after Mou got the job and so did our ‘profile’ in world football. Shame it’s a bit of a shambles despite moving up a few places in the table.

Yeah, but the players were complaining about having to 'fcukin' run 'round a bit' too much for Santa Mauricio's liking. So they got him sacked. Jose's just using his incredible man management skill - to say nothing about his survival instinct - to let them play the way they want to. And this is what we're getting.

Dele can only play off a striker, that’s when he excels
Lo Celso has been the sole bright spot under Mou and looks a top top player

He does excel off Kane, but had Moura bothered to look up twice he'd likely have scored, especially when he was to Moura's left, by the penalty spot having made a run with an open goal in front of him only for PS4 to try and score. Sorry. It must be immensely frustrating to not be playing your favorite role, get into positions and still get absolutely fudged over because of teammates who cannot look up and play football on a regular basis.

As I said before, we have lost our soul as a team. In our recent heyday, we had a core of young hungry English players supplemented by three fantastic Belgians and a brilliant Dane. We desperately need to get back to our English roots and only supplement with a few top quality foreign players. Not continue to look for salvation abroad.

As I said in November, we lost the soul of the club when we sacked it. IMO.

After much thought my analysis is that we were a bit shlt and were outfought by the bottom of the league team whose priority is staying in the Prem.

and anyone who says Parrott’a pen miss means he wasn’t ready must agree that Lamela and Gedson are also not ready.

and also, there used to be a football club over there.

Back