• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Marine - FA Cup 3rd round ***

A bit rubbish for Alli and others who have not got much game time. A bit rubbish for us fans too.

Mourinho says only one under 18 player involved, "the rest will be from the 1st team squad".

I guess that one from the U18s will be Scarlett. WOuldnt appear to rule out the likes of White, Cirkin etc though

Also said that Bale will be back involved (and wants to be involved) assuming he gets through training tomorrow. That would be handy. Really hope we dont need to take Kane and Son, though my money is on at least one of them being on the bench

Last edited:
Mourinho says only one under 18 player involved, "the rest will be from the 1st team squad".

I guess that one from the U18s will be Scarlett. WOuldnt appear to rule out the likes of White, Cirkin etc though
Now do under 18’s who train with the first team class as first team?

They are not going to want to miss out on a televised fixture. It will be worth a lot of money to them and I am sure that they will do everything they can to make the game go ahead.
I think they get £250k for being on TV

I would consider myself a traditionalist and have always loved the magic of the cup, (which has diminished over the years) but i feel the competition is doomed to fall into chaos this year with multiple postponements. The FA need to look at either cancelling this years campaign or implementing a change to the rules which allows ties to be forfeited if a team cannot field a side on the proposed date.

It is ridiculous that we didnt offer to pay for tests for them over the last couple weeks, agreed.

This is a massive pay day for them and it's entirely their responsibility to ensure they are in a position to play this game, if they had to pay £50k to do that they would still be picking up a big bonus and the right kind of exposure from the media.

This is a massive pay day for them and it's entirely their responsibility to ensure they are in a position to play this game, if they had to pay £50k to do that they would still be picking up a big bonus and the right kind of exposure from the media.

I disagree. We should be helping them in the same way as happened in the Carabao Cup

we should have been paying to test their entire squad and support team regularly since the draw was made, we shouldn't risk exposing our players to people who have had to work, it's not the Marine players fault, just the reality of elite sport

this is my issue with the FA Cup, it puts players in situations so far removed from the norm that it's practically a different sport
No different to europa

I disagree. We should be helping them in the same way as happened in the Carabao Cup
I agree we should help to an extent - arrange a friendly etc - but it's not on us to help with their loss of a £250k TV payout. That's up to the TV company (BBC in this case?) to help them out with should they choose to do so. Although I'm sure the TV licence payer won't put up with any such handout to a football club.

That's big money for a small club. The raised profile will be worth a lot too
I'd imagine enough to buy every good player in their league? Not that they would, but it does seem a considerable windfall for a club of their size?

Back