• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Wolves ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMO the problem is that the team ARE carrying out his instructions. Jose is a vocal manager on the sidelines when his players aren’t doing what he wants and there is a distinct lack of Jose commanding his central defenders to play higher up the pitch. I’ve said it before several times but I will say again.... Even with a peak Hoddle or Zidane in our midfield instead of Winks or Sissoko or anyone would not make a difference as we are so deep with typically only one player in front of the ball when we get possession.

Our tactics are the manager’s doing. It worries me that he is starting to claim that it is the players responsibility and not his.

Agreed!!!!

I beg to differ. We need better cbs and midfielders to execute what JM wants. Think Chelsea and Terry... Creative up front and hard as nails at the back. Same in Italy and Spain when he won there too.

We are still 4 or 5 upgrades short. Football is a team game and you are as strong as your weakest link.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Mediocre Centre backs , was important position needed addressing. We all got taken with Bale coming back.And are left with Dier and Sanchez and Legs of Toby are gone.
Yeah, but with the attacking talent we have we should be scoring more, even if we do concede. The way we approached the Palace and Wolves games is like a team that is lucky to have scored and whose only option once they do is to shut up shop to at least get a point. That's Burnley territory right there.

I beg to differ. We need better cbs and midfielders to execute what JM wants. Think Chelsea and Terry... Creative up front and hard as nails at the back. Same in Italy and Spain when he won there too.

We are still 4 or 5 upgrades short. Football is a team game and you are as strong as your weakest link.

4 or 5 upgrades short? We've got arguably the best front 3 when/if Bale gets up to speed, an excellent midfield with Højbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, two great fullbacks in Reggie and Surge, and a not-too-shabby CB pair in Toby and Dier. We should be winning against the likes of Wolves, Palace, etc. with that team.

4 or 5 upgrades short? We've got arguably the best front 3 when/if Bale gets up to speed, an excellent midfield with Højbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, two great fullbacks in Reggie and Surge, and a not-too-shabby CB pair in Toby and Dier. We should be winning against the likes of Wolves, Palace, etc. with that team.
That’s all well and good, now can you tell me all the games we’ve played with all those players you’ve mentioned starting? So yes we need some upgrades, a CB upgrade is definitely viable, Lo Celso and NDombele are never on the pitch together with various fitness issues and the drop in quality from those two is noticeable, and Bale has been disappointing to date and looking at the the other AM options it’s fair to say we could upgrade there potentially too....

Bale is never getting up to speed. As you say, we have a very good starting first team. But even as a paid-up Jose-out, Poch-back anti-bus possession enthusiast, I still think that the squad needs beefing up so that we have plausible subs, never mind the ability to cope with more than one game a week.

Maybe if the team wasn't doing what he wanted he could have got up of his arse and yelled at them and got them to do what he wanted. I'm not expert, but surely it's his fcukin job to get them to do what he wants them to do.
Yep or if the two centre halves are constantly ignoring his instructions and playing too deep then he could do something REALLY radical and unheard of and take one of them off and tell the player replacing him that he wants the line set 15 yards (or whatever) higher....

If he still needs 4 or 5 upgrades to have us playing anything other than this small club, park the bus football then he is surely the wrong manager for us? We have better players than at least 80% of the league.

That’s all well and good, now can you tell me all the games we’ve played with all those players you’ve mentioned starting? So yes we need some upgrades, a CB upgrade is definitely viable, Lo Celso and NDombele are never on the pitch together with various fitness issues and the drop in quality from those two is noticeable, and Bale has been disappointing to date and looking at the the other AM options it’s fair to say we could upgrade there potentially too....
They have been fit at the same time but the manager prefers Sissoko or Winks in there.... because his primary tactic is ‘Le Bus Park’

This is the sort of result that makes you very annoyed ! This is another 2 valuable points dropped ! What makes this hard to accept is that we led for most of the match but failed to kill the game and was duly punished late in the match. Annoyingly, this is the 6th time we have conceded a goal late in the match this season, costing 9 valuable points ! Mourinho has to take the blame as he agains made late changes which unsettled us and let Wolves score so late. I think Lamela should have started this match or at least come on much earlier instead of coming so late in the match. Credit to Ndombele for the goal and Davies for the assist. But wish we had scored at least 1 more goal to kill the game off. So we end the year 2020 being winless in 4 league matches. Mourinho better do something to get us back into winning form.

no issues with the front.
- lo celso - i have doubts. too injury prone and i feel. flatters to deceive.lamela similarly not giving enough value
- toby will only see the effects of aging and dier will not look that good with a proper CB - we need CB's that are in demand by the Top 4 at least,
- dele, winks, sissoko, davies - potential and easy upgrades too for various reasons - fit/age etc.
That's 8 already excluding Bale.

no issues with the front.
- lo celso - i have doubts. too injury prone and i feel. flatters to deceive.lamela similarly not giving enough value
- toby will only see the effects of aging and dier will not look that good with a proper CB - we need CB's that are in demand by the Top 4 at least,
- dele, winks, sissoko, davies - potential and easy upgrades too for various reasons - fit/age etc.
That's 8 already excluding Bale.

Mourinho has handed contracts to Davies, Dier and Alderweireld, whilst signing Regulion, Rodon and Doherty - we might get 1 more CB to replace an outgoing Sanchez but i think you're very much mistaken if you think there's going to be wholesale changes in defense

Mourinho has handed contracts to Davies, Dier and Alderweireld, whilst signing Regulion, Rodon and Doherty - we might get 1 more CB to replace an outgoing Sanchez but i think you're very much mistaken if you think there's going to be wholesale changes in defense
i agree not in jan... but its needed sooner or later.

Back