• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland AFC

It's not like Naughton has just been decent for a couple of games this season. When given a decent run in the side last season in his actual position he proved to be solid if unspectacular, and actually showed some intelligent forward passes setting up chances. People seemed to jump on the bandwagon saying the usual predictable nonsense of 'Championship player' and whatever else based on his exploits at LB, and even then he wasn't that bad...

Generally speaking, Naughton has done pretty well at right-back for us. But Dier has done well against West Ham and QPR, the whole team struggled v Liverpool so we shouldn't worry about that imo. Let them all go again, it's the only way we'll get going as a team.

Naughton will never be good enough despite the odd spell of good form. You only have to go back about 12 games for a few nightmare performances.

Imagine how much flak Naughton would have got if he played against Liverpool and gave away a penalty?:rolleyes:

I'm not saying Dier should take flak btw, just trying to highlight how little slack Naughton is given these days. He is a very unspectacular but solid no.2 right-back. I'd like people to name another no. 2 right-back who was as solid.

Imagine how much flak Naughton would have got if he played against Liverpool and gave away a penalty?:rolleyes:

I'm not saying Dier should take flak btw, just trying to highlight how little slack Naughton is given these days. He is a very unspectacular but solid no.2 right-back. I'd like people to name another no. 2 right-back who was as solid.

You mean he lightly tugged Allen's shirt and he went down like a sack of ****? Bit harsh blaming Dier for the ref's mistake. That's like me blaming Naughton for Foy's massive **** up against West Ham when Naughton was wrongly sent off.

You mean he lightly tugged Allen's shirt and he went down like a sack of ****? Bit harsh blaming Dier for the ref's mistake. That's like me blaming Naughton for Foy's massive **** up against West Ham when Naughton was wrongly sent off.

regardless of how harsh the decision is, its not a ref mistake when its a blatant pen

I agree, but you KNOW Naughton would have got more flak: "what's he doing raising his hands in the first place. GET RID!"

Back