• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Palace (the TL;DR version)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The most important thing was the result against palace and we got it.

The ground was an amazing experience. It looks like a spaceship from the outside it’s that big!

Great to win our first ever match at our new stadium. This means we have won our last 15 league matches at WHL and our new stadium. Hope we can continue our winning run at home for a long time. It was not really a convincing performance but it was a badly needed win after being winless in the previous 5 league matches. We dominated the match but failed to make our domination count until the second half. Even when we scored the much needed first goal, it was still tense until we scored the second goal to kill the game off.

Credit to Son for scoring our first ever goal at the new stadium and Eriksen for our second goal. Until Son scored our crucial first goal, our attack looked toothless and we didn't look like scoring. Even both our goals had element of luck in them. Fortunately for us, we managed to find the badly needed goals. Really thought Kane will score our historic first goal at the new stadium but he didn't have his goal scoring boot on. Kane had at least 3 chances to score but failed to make the best out of them and even wasted a freekick. It was annoying the way he wasted the one-on-one chance. It is really annoying how we can't even seem to find the target from the freekicks, regardless of who takes them. Eriksen had a poor game but was fortunate to score and assist our goals. Moura too should have scored from his chance late in the game after replacing Alli.

Our midfield had a decent match but was not really tested by Palace. As usual, Sissoko worked hard but was let down by poor finishing. Alli didn't look comfortable playing in midfield rather than attack. Good to see Wanyama coming on late in the match. Hope he will be fully fit to play in our next matches. Winks came on and helped our midfield but he looked rusty. Wish we can have all our midfielders fully fit soon.

Well done to our defence for keeping this clean sheet. Palace were poor and didn't trouble us much but our defence still did their part well. in fact, Lloris had to make a few important saves to stop Palace from scoring. I think it is no coincidence that our defence looked more stable as we only started with Vertonghen and Alderweireld in defence and didn't have the error-prone Sanchez or Foyth.

Happy we won but wish we had a bigger win to start our campaign in the new stadium. We should have been more ruthless and clinical in front of goal. We really need to improve our performance when we play Emirates Marketing Project in the CL next. We need to make use of the feel-good factor in the new stadium to get a comfortable win in the first leg.

I may be being overly sensitive here but I hope you are not inferring that my comment of "each to their own" means I prefer to keep quiet. I can assure you that is most certainly not the case.
I just don't think we need to come up with new ways for supporting the team.
Agree that we all want the atmosphere to be loud, inspiring and intimidating - and everyone has a part to play in that.

The lady speaks the truth ;):D

Think having the stadium open for the back end of this season is going to prove useful for the club to observe the multitude of issues that are bound to crop up and give them the summer to iron many out.

It may well be worth considering a ST exchange in the summer for people that feel they have made the wrong choice with their location.

I do feel there could be ST's in the South stand that wanted to be in there because of the atmosphere BUT could be thinking 'where's my atmosphere?' when it's them that should be creating it.

Anything contrived is always a bit gonad*s when it comes to football. It's a passionate, reactionary game, and although those in charge try and dampen that (corporate areas, high prices etc) they realistically cant do much about 17.5k people if they want to be raucous and bloody noisy, but that comes from within everyone of us, unprompted. The only time i wish we could really lift ourselves (and the team) is during those tense moments or bad periods when we can provide a comfort blanket that tells the players 'we're here and we believe in you'. It's hard in those moments but a long drawn out 'Poch blue and white army' or 'being a yid' can really send a message to the pitch.

Think having the stadium open for the back end of this season is going to prove useful for the club to observe the multitude of issues that are bound to crop up and give them the summer to iron many out.

It may well be worth considering a ST exchange in the summer for people that feel they have made the wrong choice with their location.

I do feel there could be ST's in the South stand that wanted to be in there because of the atmosphere BUT could be thinking 'where's my atmosphere?' when it's them that should be creating it.

Anything contrived is always a bit gonad*s when it comes to football. It's a passionate, reactionary game, and although those in charge try and dampen that (corporate areas, high prices etc) they realistically cant do much about 17.5k people if they want to be raucous and bloody noisy, but that comes from within everyone of us, unprompted. The only time i wish we could really lift ourselves (and the team) is during those tense moments or bad periods when we can provide a comfort blanket that tells the players 'we're here and we believe in you'. It's hard in those moments but a long drawn out 'Poch blue and white army' or 'being a yid' can really send a message to the pitch.

Can’t move your season ticket until you have had it 2 years

Back