• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester United ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tactics Tim did an analysis (quite funny as he brick all over United)

But the actual video analysis is damning .. the spaces United left, the lack of tracking and the gaps between the banks of players ..

If anyone in United actually knew what they were doing, after those first three games, Ole wouldn't have a job (probably would have never got it if they did I suppose)

Tactics Tim did an analysis (quite funny as he brick all over United)

But the actual video analysis is damning .. the spaces United left, the lack of tracking and the gaps between the banks of players ..

If anyone in United actually knew what they were doing, after those first three games, Ole wouldn't have a job (probably would have never got it if they did I suppose)

Ole's appointment, to me, always seemed as a way to appease the fans, just like his sacking will be.

Ole's appointment, to me, always seemed as a way to appease the fans, just like his sacking will be.

Cavani is similar .. a ¨name¨buy vs. a solution

Ole's appointment was absolute cowardice on their part in my opinion, he was always meant as a stop gap/interim manager and when he got a few good results, no one had the balls to say, "yes, he did a good job, but it was always our plan to move for an experienced manager and we thank Ole for his help in the transition". Instead they did (as you said) keep him to avoid the backlash from fans ..

Thanks fudge, whatever you say about Levy, ability to make hard/unpopular decisions doesn't seem to be a concern.

Love 'em or hate 'em you have to admit United are a massive club and they need a manager with the character and presence to fill the role, neither Moyes or OGS are in the bracket. They need someone who will tell the board he will only sign players he wants and not shirt sellers or celebrities.

Love 'em or hate 'em you have to admit United are a massive club and they need a manager with the character and presence to fill the role, neither Moyes or OGS are in the bracket. They need someone who will tell the board he will only sign players he wants and not shirt sellers or celebrities.

Honestly i dont think Poch fits the bill for them ... they should go all out and snare Ancelotti all day long

Honestly i dont think Poch fits the bill for them ... they should go all out and snare Ancelotti all day long

I agree Poch would be a gamble given their current policy and their history of appointing managers without a winning track record.

They are a massive club with ridiculous amounts of money

- However the leveraged buyout has funneled stupid amount of money to the loan/interest
- They are managed like a fudging circus .. to pick Ole when Poch, Ancelotti and Allegri were available is borderline criminal

When Mourinho tried to do that, it didn't work well. Their buying policy adds a second layer of problems for them: they have some big-name players who know they have to be played, no matter what. Pogba was twice the players at Juve. He doesn't look like a game-changer at United. Who's going to drop Maguire? I can't think of a manager who'd command enough respect to make the hard choices they need.

If I were them, I'd strop buying players for ridiculous prices, try to get rid of the ones I've got (those who can be sold anyway) and only then appoint a quality manager I'd back. Whoever takes change this season will face the same problems, unfortunately for them. I don't think all the problems come from the manager. Pogba's attitude, for instance, is suspect to say the least...

When Mourinho tried to do that, it didn't work well. Their buying policy adds a second layer of problems for them: they have some big-name players who know they have to be played, no matter what. Pogba was twice the players at Juve. He doesn't look like a game-changer at United. Who's going to drop Maguire? I can't think of a manager who'd command enough respect to make the hard choices they need.

If I were them, I'd strop buying players for ridiculous prices, try to get rid of the ones I've got (those who can be sold anyway) and only then appoint a quality manager I'd back. Whoever takes change this season will face the same problems, unfortunately for them. I don't think all the problems come from the manager. Pogba's attitude, for instance, is suspect to say the least...

The manager is only one of their problems, but it's one of them. Not entirely convinced Pochettino is the perfect fit for them, but the right manager would surely make a difference.

I think the people in charge of transfers there might be having second thoughts about the decision to not back Mourinho in his wishes on targets in his final window.

Mourinho did drop Shaw. Quite a lot was made of him dropping Pogba for McTominay. Pogba didn't respond in the same way as Ndombele, that's always the risk. But there's a large risk in letting a player under perform and be undroppable for a long time too.

The manager is only one of their problems, but it's one of them. Not entirely convinced Pochettino is the perfect fit for them, but the right manager would surely make a difference.

I think the people in charge of transfers there might be having second thoughts about the decision to not back Mourinho in his wishes on targets in his final window.

Mourinho did drop Shaw. Quite a lot was made of him dropping Pogba for McTominay. Pogba didn't respond in the same way as Ndombele, that's always the risk. But there's a large risk in letting a player under perform and be undroppable for a long time too.

Jose also got 2nd, and won two trophies, which is miles away their best results in last 9 odd years (since SAF left)

No question almost fudging anyone would be an upgrade on Ole.

The other issue with united is the deadwood, as example everyone thinks they should have bought a CB, yet they have Maguire, Lindelof, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Fosu-Mensah and Smalling (who they finally let go), so 7 CBs pretty much all on stupid wages. The midfield is almost as bloated as well ..

I agree Poch would be a gamble given their current policy and their history of appointing managers without a winning track record.

Hate to say this, but this possibly would be the perfect scenario for all concerned ...

Ancelotti knows the international market well; just look at how the players that he has coached, and number of trophies won ... every single one going! Like all of them, a few times too.

He has historically adapted his formations fromm a rigid 442 to a more fluid set of 4231 and 433. The man has already been a proven success in the Premier league, and currently making the Premier league seasonal average club Everton, dreaming of top 4 or perhaps even the league, stranger things have happened.

Meanwhile, Everton go for Pochettino, a manager that would fit the club like a glove unfortunately. He will get backed buy Moshiri in the market, as we know he has deep pockets and pushing Everton on.

Everton are Spurs are 5 years ago; new stadium being built, good academy feeding the first team, a striker that may go onto being another Harry Kane success story.

Everton already have a set team that can play to his system.

Poch would not make the same restrictions in place this time and could move on from his mistakes ...

Hate to say this, but this possibly would be the perfect scenario for all concerned ...

Ancelotti knows the international market well; just look at how the players that he has coached, and number of trophies won ... every single one going! Like all of them, a few times too.

He has historically adapted his formations fromm a rigid 442 to a more fluid set of 4231 and 433. The man has already been a proven success in the Premier league, and currently making the Premier league seasonal average club Everton, dreaming of top 4 or perhaps even the league, stranger things have happened.

Meanwhile, Everton go for Pochettino, a manager that would fit the club like a glove unfortunately. He will get backed buy Moshiri in the market, as we know he has deep pockets and pushing Everton on.

Everton are Spurs are 5 years ago; new stadium being built, good academy feeding the first team, a striker that may go onto being another Harry Kane success story.

Everton already have a set team that can play to his system.

Poch would not make the same restrictions in place this time and could move on from his mistakes ...

I can't see Poch going to Everton or United going for Ancelotti. Loch's next club needs to be one that can buy an honour, to get that monkey off his back.

I can't see Poch going to Everton or United going for Ancelotti. Loch's next club needs to be one that can buy an honour, to get that monkey off his back.
Could see United going for Ancelotti if he was available. Can't see Ancelotti going there this season at least, maybe after this season.

Can't see Pochettino going to Everton at all. Would be excellent for them, but Pochettino has earned a bigger job.

, but Pochettino has earned a bigger job.

How so?

In my view he needs to prove himself all over again. This would best be done in a " project club" . I doubt his methods would work with prima donna players, which most top clubs have. And United have them in abundance. Everton is probably the best he could hope for.

Anyway, don't want to turn this into another Poch thread but thought the United thread didn't deserve to be relegated to page 2 just yet. Too much fun still to be had.

Anyway, don't want to turn this into another Poch thread but thought the United thread didn't deserve to be relegated to page 2 just yet. Too much fun still to be had.

Quite so. The buzz was dying so I spent last night browsing the OMT on Red Cafe. Fair play to some of them, who acknowledged that their team did not look like winning even when they had 11 men. There were some droll posts with five minutes to go along the lines of, "I'm beginning to think we won't pull this one out of the fire".

There were too many "How is that not a red card for both players?" posts but they are not alone in wanting the rules to be interpreted in their favour. I was expecting a bit more of a sense of entitlement but maybe that has been knocked out of them in a way that never seemed to happen to Liverpool even during their lengthy fallow period.

How so?

In my view he needs to prove himself all over again. This would best be done in a " project club" . I doubt his methods would work with prima donna players, which most top clubs have. And United have them in abundance. Everton is probably the best he could hope for.

It's futile arguing about it now, the test will be in where his next job will be. I expect his next job to be at a CL club in a major league. I think that his stock is sufficiently high to support this and he will be one of the better managers available when this season's sackings start. I think that he needs to take a job soon though, or he might have to take on another project. I guess that we'll find out in the next few months.

How so?

I agree that he will probably have a higher likelihood of success with a project rather than a quick success kind of job.

Everton are doing well right now. But looking over a couple of seasons they've been performing worse than we were before he took over. We were a bigger club then than they are now. His results warrant a step up, or at the very least a sideways move at this time, not a step down (small as it may be).

United wanted him before, seems likely they will want him again at some point. That's the kind of club he's earned a move to, not Everton.

Manchester United's dressing room was extremely fractious during half-time against Spurs. Arguments were breaking out in all directions but there was a general consensus that all the players were furious with Lamela for faking his injury

https://theathletic.com/2124936/2020/10/09/manchester-united-tottenham-6-1-fallout/ (Paywall)

Hilarious .. if they blamed that flogging on Lamela and got annoyed at that with Bruno and Pogba in the side .. long may it continue ..

Back