1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City ***

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jurgen the German, 18 Dec 2020.

1. StephenH

StephenH Les Howe

Jumping costs extra! ;)

2. thfcsteff

thfcsteff David Ginola Staff Member

Do you really think we can afford to drop Sissoko right now when we cannot rely on 90 minutes from either LoCelso or Ndombele, let alone 90 mins from both in the same set-up regularly? That would be madness. On paper it looks great, indeed, I think many of us felt that a 4-3-3 with those three was a great option for us. But being able to have a consistently reliable partnership back there right now is probably more important. As for CB, I think we certainly want a pacy CB who can pass properly, but until then I feel sure he will cut his losses and stick with a pairing which has -in fairness- performed well this season.

A point of concern in the last couple of games has been Hugo. He simply does not seem to come for crosses right now. Why?

harr1984, SteveAWOL and Baleforce like this.
  3. thfcsteff

Harry's touch was awful yesterday and I felt he was generally not "at it"...I know you have a dislike of Dier, but once again thought he did OK. Reggie was OK. Interestingly, the whole side seemed to miss Bergwijn's effort.

harr1984 and seaside spur like this.
  4. thfcsteff

My friend. You know the answer.

5. thfcsteff

As always mate, not much to disagree with there and in most of us of a certain "vintage", Peter Cook's spirit remains supreme.

parklane1 likes this.
  6. indospurs

indospurs Sergei Rebrov

i thought this was the game we were going to bounce back in anger

we went down with a whimper

need to rest and change things up next game imho

7. Bullet

Bullet Jack Jull

I remember about 3 times Kane recieved it well, beat someone, cut inside, feigned to shoot nicely, cut back, beat someone else, had a shot... it just wasn't his day i.e. they got blocks in or smothered him. I was certainly hoping for more, as the Turkish centre back wasn't present.

8. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Paul Robinson

How does Klopp keep his players fresh? Yes, they’ve had injuries this season but last season, they didn’t have many and yet, they mostly used same starting team without their players looking constantly exhausted. Do we need more work on fitness?

Daisuk likes this.
  9. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Jermaine Jenas

This is another poor performance and result. After the defeat to Liverpool, we badly needed to beat Leicester to get back our form but instead we played poorly and lost. We didn't create enough chances to score but two defensive errors helped them to score as well. Aurier was really stupid to concede the pelanty like that. He has been doing well earlier in the season but his mistakes seems to be coming back to haunt us. Remember, Aurier gave away the needless freekick from which Palace scored and now he has conceded this pelanty. Alderweireld too should have been more alert to avoid the own goal he scored in the second half. With this defeat, we are not only winless in 3 league matches but we have dropped down to 6th in the league as well. We badly need to go on a winning run soon if we want to get back into the top 4 race.

10. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Jimmy Neighbour

tenor.gif