• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace

The positivity doesnt take away the fact that on another day we could have drawn that.

For me, it was the fact thst we didnt do many basic things right. We lacked fluidity, we took too many touches, we didnt offer a pass for others, the off the ball movement by some was poor, it was excellent by others but the English players didnt see it.

Its by no means panic stations but i do think we are quite far behind the pace in terms of the squad knowing each other. The basic problems of the previous 2 seasons is still there. After watching that today we are not going to be title contenders as some have suggested.

Cant edit on iphone but id also like to ask more questions, to see us put the balls in an area and let them deal with it, pressure them into making mistakes. Today we couldnt win the lottery because we never even bought a ticket.

The positivity doesnt take away the fact that on another day we could have drawn that.

For me, it was the fact thst we didnt do many basic things right. We lacked fluidity, we took too many touches, we didnt offer a pass for others, the off the ball movement by some was poor, it was excellent by others but the English players didnt see it.

Its by no means panic stations but i do think we are quite far behind the pace in terms of the squad knowing each other. The basic problems of the previous 2 seasons is still there. After watching that today we are not going to be title contenders as some have suggested.

That team is not a title contending team.

The dreamers (like me) hope we can add Bale and others to make it a title contender.

Cant edit on iphone but id also like to ask more questions, to see us put the balls in an area and let them deal with it, pressure them into making mistakes. Today we couldnt win the lottery because we never even bought a ticket.

Good point. But we were getting 3 players into the box when we attacked unlike last season.

Surprised the general reaction to that performance isn't more positive on here. We could have easily won that 3 or 4 nil and no-one would have said it was undeserved.

It was a professional performance and what could have been a tricky ground with a tough crowd. Palace's team right now is an absolute shower, and of course we should beat them. Our competitor's will too, but we did our jobs well today.

Lloris, and the defence looked good and comfortable. Rose is a strong outlet on the left, and Walker linked up well with Lennon. I think Paulinho needs to get up to speed with the PL, but he's still nice and tidy in there. Sig showing good glimpses, and Chadli strong. Soldado pure class oozing from him.

My only hope is that our problems against lesser teams at home will not be so prevelant this year. I don't have any qualms about playing away, and I am mostly always confident. At home though, I'm not sure this 4-2-3-1 allows us to control the game and take it to the opposition.

Me, too.

We could have won 2-0 but in reality we did not create enough chances to deserve a 2-0.

Good point. But we were getting 3 players into the box when we attacked unlike last season.

Its fine having players in the box but if the ball is being tinkled around with out wide on the touch line its not much use. We never take a chance, just chuck it in the mixer, especially against the poorer teams. Taking 8 touches out wide is also no use, their defenders have so much time to turn and face, get into position and mark up, this is the crux of the matter, target them when they are running back and unprepared.

PalaceSpurs
Possession42%58%
Pass success70%85%
Aerial success64%36%
Shots518
On target33
Off target212
Woodwork01
Blocked03
Offsides40
Fouls98
Tackles2124
Corners37
Throw ins3122
Dribbles717

Rating
Jan Vertonghen (DC)7.9
Kyle Walker (DR)7.9
Hugo Lloris (GK)7.8
Danny Rose (DL)7.6
Michael Dawson (DC)7.6
Total Shots
Nacer Chadli (AML)4
Gylfi Sigurdsson (AMC)4
Roberto Soldado (FW)4
Damien Delaney (DC)1
Kyle Walker (DR)1
Tackles
Joel Ward (DR)5
Dean Moxey (DL)4
Danny Rose (DL)4
Mile Jedinak (DMC)4
Gylfi Sigurdsson (AMC)4
Dribbles
Kyle Walker (DR)5
Joel Ward (DR)2
Danny Rose (DL)2
Gylfi Sigurdsson (AMC)2
Nacer Chadli (AML)2

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/719849/Live/England-Premier-League-2013-2014-Crystal-Palace-Tottenham

Too many missed chances as usual from us made it a harder win than it shouldve been..

How on earth did Quim make Paulinho MoM, for me he looked a bit off the pace and tired a lot, Lloris, Chadli and Rose were a lot better, especially Rose

Capoue looked decent when he came on, and Soldado looked fantastic, if he hadve had the chances that Chadli, Defoe and Siggy missed it wouldve been 3-0 +

Anybody know why Sandro wasnt in the 18, he was on twitter saying how ready he was...

Great support from Palace in the stands, helped by an awful refereeing performance from Cluttenburg !!!!

3 points is the main goal and we got it

Wow, read this through after watching the game, honestly, you guys are a fudging embarrassment

Half of this thread is slagging off this player or that, and you are the assholes who grumble at the atmosphere at the lane. Guess what, it's not the "prawn sandwich" phalanx, it's you, who complain at ever little turn, who if we win 5-0, still have to complain about something. Take a lesson from the palace fans about support.

We had very little real preseason, major distraction with Bale, 4 players making their English debut, away game to start (we have a horrible first game of season record). Yes, not a great performance, but lots of promise from several players and when it mattered (Soldado and Lloris) we stepped up.

fudge some of you need to either take your meds or just go kill yourself (because if this is how you view Spurs, don't even want to know what you think about the world in general).

I thought it was a solid if slightly unspectacular performance. If siggy had taken any of his several chances or Defoe had taken his it would have been a comfortable result.

It's an away game against a team in a high. Yeah there not good but they hardly threatened until the last 10 as you woul expect.

We had some good performances and some ok ones

What stood out for me is how where crying out for a number 10 if we lose bale as we played with width but very little through the middle

Really impressed with Capoue who looked like a sandro clone

Wow, read this through after watching the game, honestly, you guys are a fudging embarrassment

Half of this thread is slagging off this player or that, and you are the assholes who grumble at the atmosphere at the lane. Guess what, it's not the "prawn sandwich" phalanx, it's you, who complain at ever little turn, who if we win 5-0, still have to complain about something. Take a lesson from the palace fans about support.

We had very little real preseason, major distraction with Bale, 4 players making their English debut, away game to start (we have a horrible first game of season record). Yes, not a great performance, but lots of promise from several players and when it mattered (Soldado and Lloris) we stepped up.

fudge some of you need to either take your meds or just go kill yourself (because if this is how you view Spurs, don't even want to know what you think about the world in general).

Sure but what a reaction to negative comments in a forum. You expect any different? This is football in 2013 where the fan has more of a voice than ever. This is a culture which complains when the WiFi connection drops when you're flying on an aeroplane. The same culture which downloads dodgy films for free then moans that the quality was poor.

I thought it was a solid if slightly unspectacular performance. If siggy had taken any of his several chances or Defoe had taken his it would have been a comfortable result.

It's an away game against a team in a high. Yeah there not good but they hardly threatened until the last 10 as you woul expect.

We had some good performances and some ok ones

What stood out for me is how where crying out for a number 10 if we lose bale as we played with width but very little through the middle

Really impressed with Capoue who looked like a sandro clone

Well said, I thought Siggy, Chadli and Defoe should have all scored. 4-0 would have been a great result and done wonders for self belief. As it is, I thought we played like a team who expect to be pushing the top sides in the league. A side who knows what it takes to win. The shift in mindset of the last few years has been immense.

Vertonghen looked tinkled off that we only scored 1 today. We're not that same side Carrick described after he moved to United.

Excellent post.
And agreed.
Life is for living eh?!
3 points, opening day away win...COYS!

Sure but what a reaction to negative comments in a forum. You expect any different? This is football in 2013 where the fan has more of a voice than ever. This is a culture which complains when the WiFi connection drops when you're flying on an aeroplane. The same culture which downloads dodgy films for free then moans that the quality was poor.

Naively I continue to, yes...

"It's going to be a long, hard season for me with these people [referees]," said Holloway.

"I had this with Blackpool. Certain clubs get fouls and others don't."

"I don't understand how it was a penalty, or how Moxey could have got out of the way of it," added the former Leicester, QPR and Bristol Rovers boss.

"Do I think I would have got that at Tottenham? No I don't.

"Tottenham will feel decisions like that if they play Man United.

"I just want a bit of fairness. I want a foul like anyone else would have got one. I've got a horrible taste in my mouth after that."

Arsenal won't be getting CL football playing like they did on Saturday.

If we play like we did today away at teams like Crystal Palace or teams around that level and we manage to keep a cleansheet and all three points, we WILL get CL.

Exactly. It's a grind sometimes. I watched the Arsenal game yesterday and although an entertaining game, i said to my gooner mates that the games are too 'epic'. It's end to end, incident filled, shoot'em up football. By its nature its unpredictable and random.

Arsenal often come through games like yesterdays,(although every year wenger is asking more from a weaker team) but you cannot play like that week in week out. Physically and emotionally it's draining. Some good, solid, unremarkable performances that keep the pts ticking.

"It's going to be a long, hard season for me with these people [referees]," said Holloway.

"I had this with Blackpool. Certain clubs get fouls and others don't."

"I don't understand how it was a penalty, or how Moxey could have got out of the way of it," added the former Leicester, QPR and Bristol Rovers boss.

"Do I think I would have got that at Tottenham? No I don't.

"Tottenham will feel decisions like that if they play Man United.

"I just want a bit of fairness. I want a foul like anyone else would have got one. I've got a horrible taste in my mouth after that."

Funny he makes no mention of the clear penalty on Paulinho that the ref didn't give.

some negativity on here but its to be expected....... I said earlier that this was must win and would have been happy with a scrappy win.

should have been more comfortable.....but some promising times.

more points in 1 game compared to three games in of last season.....

Great weekend....really pleased.....Capoue great debut...bobby soldier goal....CLEAN SHEET:eek:

plenty to work with. well done avb so clever - rose off for kabs to deal with aerial bombardment at the end....... little things avb does that makes me appreciate him...

3 points GET THE fudge IN!!!

Back