• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham***

Sons first touch poor, but his second sublime. Problem being in this league you don't always get a send touch.

He needs to impress more in his cameos/cup starts before he gets in the first team atm - like Chadli has done recently

No need to be touchy, I was being nice, surely playing in the top half of the league (even being in the PL in Parkers case), the UEFA cup and collecting multiple international caps counts as bigger and better things?

We clearly have different definitions of the term. Now what Sol Campbell achieved at Arsenal definitely defines "bigger and better things". ;)

Defoe played and scored in the CL for us by the way.

Sorry, my bad, although this was after he had to be bought back from Portsmouth.

I'll also add, that if you ask your dad he'll remind you that football didn't start with the PL and if you look further back you'll see the likes of Paul Allen, who won everything he'd won with you again with us and more, and of course, Martin Peters, who after winning the ECWC with you stepped up and won its bigger brother (the UEFA cup) with us whilst also picking up a couple of league cup winners medals.

The reason I mentioned players you had signed from us in the PL era is because that is pretty much when this whole "feeder club" claptrap started being spouted around. Although pretty sure Peters' greatest honour came whilst playing for us, can't at all remember what it was though... ;)

I wish you well for the rest of season, like I say, I think you are an impressive little club.

Indeed we are...

-%2Fmedia%2F4087114555DA470FAEAE5332DEDC8CEE.ashx%3Fas%3D1%26h%3D289%26w%3D463%26crop%3D1

;)

@Mickey_WHU : Wednesday was a game from which most (or many) of us would have been happy to get a point. You didn't railroad us, but you had control and Bilic set you up well enough to smother our game. We didn't have enough to deal with that. Fair play to him and West Ham for that.
To the extent that you can be impartial on a Spurs board, what is your realistic expectation for WHU this season? Before season start and now? (e.g before season start, I would have been happy with top 6 as long as we showed marked sign of improvement. As of today, anything less than top 4 would be a disappointment (but not a disaster)). What do you honestly think is West Ham's potential over this last third of the season?

Mickey I refer you to my post from the previous page:

In the 69 completed seasons since the end of the second World War, Spurs have finished above West Ham on 57 occasions. That is a massive 83% of the time!

In the last 10 years alone Spurs have qualified for Europe more times than West Ham have in THE WHOLE OF THEIR HISTORY

In their ENTIRE HISTORY West Ham have NEVER qualified for Europe via their finishing league position (although they did finish 3rd once during the English club's ban and also got an inter-two-bob qualification once under their best ever manager Harry Redknapp).

If Spurs don't represent 'bigger and better things' in light of the above, then lord knows what does.

We get that you're happy because you won your Cup final on Wednesday night and as is typical from West Ham fans you then crawl out of the woodwork - I notice that we didn't hear a peep out of any West Ham fans back in November..... Oh and for any of those West Ham mugs who try to claim it isn't their Cup final, all you have to do is look at the comments from their manager himself, and I quote, or should I say and Bilic quotes: "The win over Spurs has to be the most sat!sfying yet for me. No matter if you are West Ham’s chairman, player, physio, chef or fan — if you have to take one game as being special, then it is Spurs at home".

I wonder whether West Ham will be bringing out commemorative T-shirts like they did a couple of years ago?

Come on fellas do we really need to have the "we're bigger than you" debate?

Well done West Ham, was a good win for you. Goes a little way for atoning that 4-1 hammering you got earlier in the season. Good luck, all the best (not really)

Many say they 'hate' West Ham. For me to 'hate' would mean to have some kind of feeling towards them. I don't have anymore feeling towards them as I do of say Aston Villa or Saudi Sportswashing Machine or West Brom. They are just a small team who don't really affect us for the bulk of the season other than when we play them. They're minions who just happen to be punching above their weight this season. They'll be back mid table next year so I'm not at all worried.

Many say they 'hate' West Ham. For me to 'hate' would mean to have some kind of feeling towards them. I don't have anymore feeling towards them as I do of say Aston Villa or Saudi Sportswashing Machine or West Brom. They are just a small team who don't really affect us for the bulk of the season other than when we play them. They're minions who just happen to be punching above their weight this season. They'll be back mid table next year so I'm not at all worried.

I don't believe that for a second. Of course we want to beat them, it's just not quite as important as beating Arsenal and Chelsea.

I don't believe that for a second. Of course we want to beat them, it's just not quite as important as beating Arsenal and Chelsea.

I want to beat them just as much as I want to beat the teams I mentioned. No more. No less.

@Mickey_WHU : Wednesday was a game from which most (or many) of us would have been happy to get a point. You didn't railroad us, but you had control and Bilic set you up well enough to smother our game. We didn't have enough to deal with that. Fair play to him and West Ham for that.
To the extent that you can be impartial on a Spurs board, what is your realistic expectation for WHU this season? Before season start and now? (e.g before season start, I would have been happy with top 6 as long as we showed marked sign of improvement. As of today, anything less than top 4 would be a disappointment (but not a disaster)). What do you honestly think is West Ham's potential over this last third of the season?
In all honesty the number one priority at the start of the season was to just make sure we did not go down. It would have been disastrous to have spent the first season at the new stadium in the Championship. The season so far has obviously exceeded expectations and then some. I'm definitely not going to get carried away with talk of a CL position, as I still think it's probably beyond us, but this season has been so crack-pot that I suppose anything is possible. It's great to see us have a proper good cup run, and genuinely think we have a cracking shot at winning it. However, this is West Ham we're talking about, and there's probably some sort of dissapointment creeping around the corner, but atm it's difficult not be optimistic about the rest of the season and the future under Slaven.

Last edited:
I want to beat them just as much as I want to beat the teams I mentioned. No more. No less.

I'd assume that you know more West Ham fans than you do Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Baggies fans. Doesn't the ribbing come into play?

I would agree that our rivalry with West Ham is unbalanced, with it meaning far more to them than it does us but there is a rivalry there.

I'd assume that you know more West Ham fans than you do Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Baggies fans. Doesn't the ribbing come into play?

I would agree that our rivalry with West Ham is unbalanced, with it meaning far more to them than it does us but there is a rivalry there.

Agree with your second part wholeheartedly.

I know a few WH fans but not really that many. They were crowing after Wednesday yes but I felt more pity than anger. They were so happy that they'd beaten us and were expecting me to bite I think but I just thought about the bigger picture and with other results going our way too I didn't feel the hurt some on here did. Like I said they're irrelevant really.

In all honesty the number one priority at the start of the season was to just make sure we did not go down. It would have been disastrous to have spent the first season at the new stadium in the Championship. The season so far has obviously exceeded expectations and then some. I'm defiantly not going to get carried away with talk of a CL position, as I still think it's probably beyond us, but this season has been so crack-pot that I suppose anything is possible. It's great to see us have a proper good cup run, and genuinely think we have a cracking shot at winning it. However, this is West Ham we're talking about, and there's probably some sort of dissapointment creeping around the corner, but atm it's difficult not be optimistic about the rest of the season and the future under Slaven.
Bilic seems thoroughly likeable, and a very good coach too. Think you got a bright future with the stadium move too

Mickey I refer you to my post from the previous page:

In the 69 completed seasons since the end of the second World War, Spurs have finished above West Ham on 57 occasions. That is a massive 83% of the time!

In the last 10 years alone Spurs have qualified for Europe more times than West Ham have in THE WHOLE OF THEIR HISTORY

In their ENTIRE HISTORY West Ham have NEVER qualified for Europe via their finishing league position (although they did finish 3rd once during the English club's ban and also got an inter-two-bob qualification once under their best ever manager Harry Redknapp).

If Spurs don't represent 'bigger and better things' in light of the above, then lord knows what does.

We get that you're happy because you won your Cup final on Wednesday night and as is typical from West Ham fans you then crawl out of the woodwork - I notice that we didn't hear a peep out of any West Ham fans back in November..... Oh and for any of those West Ham mugs who try to claim it isn't their Cup final, all you have to do is look at the comments from their manager himself, and I quote, or should I say and Bilic quotes: "The win over Spurs has to be the most sat!sfying yet for me. No matter if you are West Ham’s chairman, player, physio, chef or fan — if you have to take one game as being special, then it is Spurs at home".

I wonder whether West Ham will be bringing out commemorative T-shirts like they did a couple of years ago?
Did you know that 8 out of 10 owners said their cats preferred Whiskas?

West Ham Mickey - where do you fall on the move to the Olympic Stadium?
I think like every West Ham fan I initially had mixed emotions. It's obviously going to be sad to leave UP, but it's hard not to be excited about the move. Having been to the stadium for a rugby world cup match last year, I don't have too many worries about a lack of atmosphere, and the complex as well as the stadium itself is pretty spectacular.

Well, we can forgive West Ham if they go on to beat Leicester, ManU and Arsenal in their remaining matches and still finish below us !

Back