• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v SCBC***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's the obvious answer, but... I don't know, in terms of balance, it would completely change the complexion of the team. I can't see Bale or Son putting in the kind of effort Lucas does and a lot of managers, Mourinho even more so, love hard-working forwards. Plus, not so long ago, he gave an interview in which he said that Lucas' problem was that he never had a coach willing to play him week in, week out and that intended to give him a lot of playing time... Maybe he'll rotate the three of them depending on the profile of the opposition full-backs but I'd be really surprised if Lucas found himself in Davies' situation.

Ha, what was I thinking? Mind you, I think Mourinho enjoys these headlines. He seems to enjoy that 'siege meteorology' that served Ferguson well at Manchester United. He likes to have a small-ish group of players who buy into his philosophy and are willing to go to war for him. That's probably the reason why I complained about having 'too many players'. It's difficult to be seen as a cult leader by a guy who hardly ever plays for you.

Bale will play "big games", we need to manage him, I'd be delighted if we got 30 games out of him, plenty others for Lucas, also we could give Son the occasional rest, play Lucas with Bale on left.

Maybe the performance wasn't as good as the scoreline suggests, but it was still fun to watch, particularly when you heard Jenas' comments during the game. I turned the sound off after he said that the players didn't look happy. Well, they didn't look too sad either at the end of the game, did they?

Jenas started off as a pundit well when he first got the job, however since then he has began to sound like Garry Neville and likes the sound of his own voice to much.

It is great to get a big away win in the league. Credit to Son for the 4 goals and Kane for the 1 goal and 4 assists. This result could have been different if Southampton had make use of their chances earlier. It is good to see us being clinical in front of goal. But we also need to learn to start and finish the matches well. It was always risky starting with error-prone defenders Dier and Sanchez together. Fortunately, Southampton failed to take advantage of that. Hope we will but 1 or 2 reliable defenders.

It is great to get a big away win in the league. Credit to Son for the 4 goals and Kane for the 1 goal and 4 assists. This result could have been different if Southampton had make use of their chances earlier. It is good to see us being clinical in front of goal. But we also need to learn to start and finish the matches well. It was always risky starting with error-prone defenders Dier and Sanchez together. Fortunately, Southampton failed to take advantage of that. Hope we will but 1 or 2 reliable defenders.
No matter we score five, ten or fifteen, you have to go and insert a 'but.'

FFS give it a rest.

I think it would be really good if the team tried to win every match and then we would have a chance to win the league and the cups too. It would also be good to not let any goals in and at the same time score more goals than the opponents. Also, we need more lucky phrases like 'any team news yet', and 'everybody dance now'.

Back