• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Newport County A.F.C *** FA Cup 4th round

Speaking of pitches, I saw the wasps game last week at the Ricoh, proper quagmire! No idea how Coventry will play on that after?
1,000 tons of sand and one of these
12_foot_smooth_roller.jpg

Pitch will cut up quite badly I think, but I'm more worried with their defenders kicking lumps out of our forwards. Will be a tough, physical game this, imo.

Bad pitch, so I'd not risk too many of our heavy hitters.

----------------Vorm-----------
Trippier---DVS--Foyth----KWP
-------Wanyama---Dier-------
Sissoko-----Sonny-----Lamela (if fit)
-------Llorente------------

Bench: Lloris, Aurier, Davies, JV, TOB, Alli, Kane

If that's the case why suggest Sissoko?

If he is gonna play I think we should play Sissy up the middle.

We have not won any trophies since 2008 and the FA Cup since 1991. So, we need all the luck we can get to win a trophy this season. We were very fortunate to avoid any PL teams until the semi final in the FA Cup last season. So far we have managed to get lower division teams in the FA Cup this season as well. But we struggled to beat AFC Wimbledon in Round 3. We need to do much better if we want to go all the way to win the FA Cup this season. We have a good record against Newport but this will be our first match against them since 1960. Let's hope we will be ruthless against them to win and progress to the next round.

There is no reason to rest our key players for this match as we only play ManU on Wednesday. Kane scored 2 goals to inspire us against AFC Wimbledon in the previous round. Want Kane to start this match as well. The match against AFC Wimbledon proved that Kane and Llorente cannot start together. Still not convinced of Llorente even against lower division teams like Newport. Apart from Kane, all our key players like Son and Alli were poor against Southampton in our last league match. They should start this match and get back their best form before we play ManU. It will be disappointing if Lamela is no fit to start this match as he has not played much since returning from injury.

Our options are very limited in midfield even with Wanyama and Dembele returning from injury problems. Will prefer if Wanyama and Dembele can start this match. But won't mind if Sissoko and Dier start instead. Sissoko still has not proved why we bought him. Wish he can step up and have a good match against Newport.

Our defence have not been at their best since Alderweireld got injured. Wish Alderweireld can come play in this match to prepare for the tough matches coming. Sanchez has been making too many mistakes in recent matches. Wish he can improve his performance and avoid making these mistakes. Can see Vorm starting in goal for this match. Hope our defence will be alert and keep the clean sheet. It will be embarassing if we cannot stop Newport from scoring in this match.

We need to turn up with the right mentality for this match. We need to avoid getting complacent and be clinical in front of goal. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to progress to the next round of FA Cup.

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our best players available for this match, especially Alderweireld. We need to be at our best before we face the tough matches against ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal and Juventus after this. It is always tricky playing against unknown team from lower divisions. All the pressure is on us to win this match. We need to get an early goal to settle our nerves and then go for more goals to get a comfortable win. Let's hope we will get a convincing win to progress to the Round 5 of the FA Cup.

Bad pitch, so
The complicated ground share that began in 2012 has led to problems with the playing surface with the Exiles seeing several matches postponed.

Several managers have criticised Rodney Parade's pitch in recent seasons, but those issues have been addressed this season after the ground and Dragons were taken over by the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU).

The WRU installed a new £750,000 drainage system over the summer and the Exiles now have one of the better playing surfaces in League Two.

Back