• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum ***

It's life. The chant is brick. And people are arseholes sometimes.

I get the club calling for it stopped, but it aint happening. People don't like being told what to do.

But being offended? Over something not aimed at you? You're at an away game at chelsea. It's not going to be tea and buscuits.

I absolutely get that.
But for a couple of decades I’ve held myself to a higher standard, and if we all do, then it shifts. There’s plenty to sing besides that stuff. FWIW I never ever joined in the Campbell stuff or anything like that, indeed, I would tell people around me who sang that brick to STFU because we should be better!

When it comes to awaydays and the like, I absolutely understand it -and love them. I love the vibe, the bounce, the singing, the whole awayday experience. I am a believer in the fact that all humans have an innate ‘group’ mentality somewhere, whether that be church or gigs or football, choose your activity but largely, people like congregating in groups/tribes if you will. And there is an excitement and energy which can come from two tribes singing and shouting at each other - denying that is (IMO) futile and a lie. We all love it. We all love the electricity of an NLD or West Ham away. Hopefully, we can love, respect and even enjoy it without dropping into prejudice and violence; it is wholly possible. I’ve done for it decades as have thousands upon thousands.

We call it the "90 minute bigot".
I know loads of people who go to old firm games and spew out their hatred to the opposition, and then meet up with their mates from the other end the ground for a drinking "sess".
And that would be ok if it wasn't for the fact those 90 min bigots not only enable the real nasty bigots, they give them cover to hide under.

Superbly stated. It is another key reason why people must strive to be better.

I absolutely get that.
But for a couple of decades I’ve held myself to a higher standard, and if we all do, then it shifts. There’s plenty to sing besides that stuff. FWIW I never ever joined in the Campbell stuff or anything like that, indeed, I would tell people around me who sang that brick to STFU because we should be better!

When it comes to awaydays and the like, I absolutely understand it -and love them. I love the vibe, the bounce, the singing, the whole awayday experience. I am a believer in the fact that all humans have an innate ‘group’ mentality somewhere, whether that be church or gigs or football, choose your activity but largely, people like congregating in groups/tribes if you will. And there is an excitement and energy which can come from two tribes singing and shouting at each other - denying that is (IMO) futile and a lie. We all love it. We all love the electricity of an NLD or West Ham away. Hopefully, we can love, respect and even enjoy it without dropping into prejudice and violence; it is wholly possible. I’ve done for it decades as have thousands upon thousands.

It's working to a degree. I haven't heard anyone use the n word for years or paki.

But taking the tinkle out of chelsea fans because their top head hunter, ultimate toxic masclinity, rip your head off idiot and turning their own call to war and violence on it's head, for many is still fun. Even decades later.

Read that back to yourself and tell me that sentence is not homophobic/stereo-typing.

We call it the "90 minute bigot".
I know loads of people who go to old firm games and spew out their hatred to the opposition, and then meet up with their mates from the other end the ground for a drinking "sess".
And that would be ok if it wasn't for the fact those 90 min bigots not only enable the real nasty bigots, they give them cover to hide under.

Similar to the riots in the US last year after the election and the storming of the capitol building.

A bunch of those people were primary school teachers, doctors, small business owners etc...people who you wouldnt have expected to be involved in that sort of mess.

However the Trump rally before, like an old firm game, got people revved up with adrenaline flowing and then led to behaviour that was out of the ordinary for them

Read that back to yourself and tell me that sentence is not homophobic/stereo-typing.

So now it's homophobic to say homosexuals are not widely known for their toxic masculinity and violent tendencies? Not even the fact that he was gay. It was that he paid to have sex with young boys.

Last edited:
Do you genuinely think anyone sings the 'rent boys' song with any intention other than to infer/besmirch homosexuality?
Yes. Me. I only recently found out that it meant something different to what I thought it meant. In my defence, English is not my 1st language, but I thought it referred to the Chelsea players being hired guns, who only play for the money, and don't really care about the club and fans.

Yes. Me. I only recently found out that it meant something different to what I thought it meant. In my defence, English is not my 1st language, but I thought it referred to the Chelsea players being hired guns, who only play for the money, and don't really care about the club and fans.
And your language comment is fair and valid
I believe

Similar to the riots in the US last year after the election and the storming of the capitol building.

A bunch of those people were primary school teachers, doctors, small business owners etc...people who you wouldnt have expected to be involved in that sort of mess.

However the Trump rally before, like an old firm game, got people revved up with adrenaline flowing and then led to behaviour that was out of the ordinary for them

Not really what i meant, most at an old firm game will indulge in the more "unsavoury" songs and chants about their opposition and their fans, then happily meet with them later.
For them its just part of the process.
But there is an element of that mean it and feel that way, and they get to hide in plain sight. And as you say above, its not always the ones you would have expected.

Back