1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Canning Town Bingo Club ****

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by markysimmo, 20 Feb 2021.

1. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

20 shots. 4 on target. Pathetic from top strikers. An XG of 1 is simply preposterous. And as for the guy saying they had a better XG than us must have been watching a different game.

We play both the games against West Ham again ( with the same chances) and we win both by clear margins.

2. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Frederic Kanoute

Exactly, yet put down as individual mistakes. When every member of a unit makes a mistake that's not individual mistakes, that's a failure of the unit.

billyiddo and thfcsteff like this.
  3. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Frederic Kanoute

But they were high risk low percentage shots, shots we are having to take because we aren't creating anything worthwhile.

Bishop likes this.
  4. Pirate55

I recall many GOOD chances. The two that hit the woodwork. Lucas inexplicable miss from Sons cross. Tanganga from the corner and the subsequent blocked shot, Kane's breakaway and in acres of room with both Dele and Son ahead off their men. Shots in the area from Lucas and Son. Kane had three shots that just went the wrong side of the post. Lamela weak bend straight at the keeper. That is quite apart from the long range pit shots of Dier and Bale.

If those players had those same chances again, I would expect at least three goals.

5. Jordinho

Jordinho Bill Brown Staff Member

I don't, because we've had far too many games like that over the years.

6. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Steffen Iversen

The ones that hit the woodwork were a worldie from Bale and a deflection from Son, neither were GOOD chances.

7. Pirate55

Not with those chances. The result was a completely unfair one. Ranks alongside the Newcastle game where their keeper was out of the world. This time our shooting was just simply SH 1t. 20 shots was apparently the most we have had for four years. Four effing years. That's two and a half under Poch and one and a half under Mourinho. The result was as inexplicable as Emirates Marketing Project and Ajax - except those results went in our favour.

8. Pirate55

On another day one or other go in. Or , on the second one, the rebound falls to one of our players for a tap in.

9. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Vivian Woodward

Nah we have had more than that in a lot of games
    It was the most bricks we have had OFF target though

10. Pirate55

Oh ok. Thanks. I stand corrected. I thought that was a stat that sky came up with.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  11. braineclipse

braineclipse Paul Stewart

Their first goal came as a result of (1.) Reguilon being body checked and (2.) a rebound off Lloris that could have gone anywhere.

We were the better team imo. Remembering where West Ham are in the table it was a decent enough performance, but once again we leak goals at the back making things very difficult for us.

SteveAWOL, harr1984 and Pirate55 like this.
  12. Pirate55

They may not have been well created or team crafted good chances, but any time the ball hits the woodwork must by definition be considered a good chance ( of a goal).

13. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Steve Carr

One team I played for had a keeper who use smoke during the game, I played for a couple of good sides, but mainly rubbish with blokes playing for a laugh and an excuses to get away from wife and kids.

thfcsteff and monkeybarry like this.
  14. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Frederic Kanoute

Amazing!
    I'm just picturing him corners blowing smoke in the air to put the opposition off

thfcsteff likes this.
  15. thfcsteff

thfcsteff David Ginola Staff Member

I know we don't like Arsenal but that is no way to speak of them; you are forgiven for wearing that shirt BTW.

Finney Is Back likes this.
  16. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Steve Carr

I'd have worn it with pride and bust my gut for them to fulfill my childhood dream of playing league football for anyone.

monkeybarry and thfcsteff like this.
  17. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Dean Austin

This is another disappointing performance and result. I think Mourinho has to take large part of the blame for starting Sanchez and Dier in defence. Conceding so early in the match didn't help us at all. We never recovered from that. And just when we were looking to bounce back in the second half, we conceded another early goal which killed us off. We did well to get our goal through Moura but it was too late by then. Disappointingly, this is the first time we have lost away at West Ham in 4 years. Moyes seems to be our jinx as we also found it hard to beat Everton when Moyes was in charge there. This defeat will only put more pressure on Mourinho.