• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have to win all our remaining league matches to finish in top 3. All our rivals have been poor this season that it will be unacceptable if we don't finish above them in 3rd place. We have a good record against Brighton, winning 2 and drawing 1 of our last 3 matches since they got promoted to the PL last season. Also, we have won our last 20 league matches at home. So far, we have won both our league matches at the new stadium, without conceding any goal. Let's hope we will continue our winning run at the new stadium.

We did well to beat Huddersfield 4-0 in our last league match at home. It will be great if we can get another big win. We need all our attacking players to be ruthless and clinical to do that. After the way we wasted our goal scoring chances against Emirates Marketing Project, we badly need to get back our goal scoring boots. We need Son, Alli, Eriksen and Moura to find back their goal scoring form. Llorente can come on later in the match as needed. It will boost us if we can get Lamela fully fit to play in this match as well. Also, want to see Janssen getting involved at some stage of the match.

Our midfield seems to be having too many injury problems this season. With Sissoko and Winks out injured, we have to rely on Wanyama and Dier to play in midfield. But won't be surprised if Wanyama is rested. Still not fully convinced of Skipp but hope he will do well if he plays. We have not scored many goals from midfield this season. Hope our midfield can help our attack in this match as well.

Our defence have done well to keep the clean sheet in all our 3 matches at the new stadium so far. It will be disappointing if we don't keep the clean sheet against Brighton in this match. Hope Lloris, Alderweireld and Vertonghen will be at their best and avoid getting complacent against Brighton. Can see Brighton trying long range shots against us. We need to look our for those and avoid giving away any freekicks near our goal.

Brighton are fighting against relegation and will be desperate to do well. They won't make it easy for us. We need to get an early goal to help us relax and go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Brighton and stay in the top 3 race.

I think thats their default anyway.

Hughton is a pragmatist, safety first type, and will rather work for 1 point with the chance of 3 than open up too much against us.

Interestingly this is the type of game where I believe not having Kane (provided we do the Son/Lucas thing up front) will make us more difficult to defend against, the pace and movement of those two plus Dele & Eriksen having more room with opponent sitting back can be quite effective.

Interestingly this is the type of game where I believe not having Kane (provided we do the Son/Lucas thing up front) will make us more difficult to defend against, the pace and movement of those two plus Dele & Eriksen having more room with opponent sitting back can be quite effective.

I don't think pace is much of an advantage against a team with ten men getting no further forward than the edge of their area. Son's shooting from distance and Moura, Dele and Eriksen's trickiness look like the most likely routes to a breakthrough to me.

Everybody dance now!

Too bad Kane is out injured for the rest of the season. Brighton is the sort of teams he would enjoy scoring goals against. Wish we can have another comfortable win like against Huddersfield. But can see Brighton making it difficult for us. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a comfortable win to stay in the top 3 race.

I certainly hope so. An early goal is essential though IMO, otherwise these attack v defense games often end up being our kryptonite and Hughton is too smart not to know this

Llorente can come on later in the match as needed. It will boost us if we can get Lamela fully fit to play in this match as well. Also, want to see Janssen getting involved at some stage of the match.

It's good to have our subs sorted before kick off. Which order shall we bring them on?

we need stick the ball......... in the onion bag more...
Come on you Spurs....................................................................................

Any team news yet? NO the team is announce an hour before kick off and has been for the last decade, plenty of sites with rumours or why not just make one up yourself?

Brighton are on a pretty poor run of late and are going to be fighting for their lives. I expect its going to be one of those games. Lets pray for an early goal.

Would start Llorente. Moura and Son's pace isn't going to be a factor unless we're 1 up already. The more firepower the better. WIll be interesting to see who plays RB.

Would start Llorente. Moura and Son's pace isn't going to be a factor unless we're 1 up already. The more firepower the better. WIll be interesting to see who plays RB.

I think their back 4 would much prefer to face Llorente

I think their back 4 would much prefer to face Llorente
I tend to agree, although there won’t be space in behind, Son and Moura will at least shift the ball quicker or get a shot off to at least move their defence around and tire them out. And if we did get an early goal would give us more of a chance to go for the jugular.

Any team news yet? NO the team is announce an hour before kick off and has been for the last decade, plenty of sites with rumours or why not just make one up yourself?
To be fair there's team news all through the week, including Poch's presser. But we MUST respect tradition!!!!! Look how well we're doing - despite certain match reports - with this 'team news tradition'

Back