1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

***OMT***Tottenham Hotspur FC v West Ham

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by thfcsteff, 16 Dec 2013.

1. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Banned

Who said Arry is a hero?

What has him flirting with the England job got to do with the (false) statement insinuating Arry had no strategy and that he 'got away with it' because of Bale, Modric and VDV?...If someone feels he had 'no strategy' then fair enough but 4th,5th,4th finishes show he did a bit more then "get away with it".

As i've said before some people can't differentiate between his character and his managerial ability. No matter how much they claim they do...they don't (as evidenced just now).

2. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Banned

Ok Hootnow covered it.

3. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Great post mate…

I agree with everything you've said. I think it's fair to say that some of us in our respective 'corners' have probably found ourselves 'cast' as one or the other, when the truth is that at this point in time, we've all met in the middle.

Again, a fine post.

4. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

I'll answer directly to simply say that as I said to Hootnow in response to his fine post, I suspect that our various 'camps' (so-to-speak) are generally in agreement on much of his era.

I would agree that he had 'some' strategy (for the record I did not say he 'got away with it', though i do believe he enjoyed three fantastic players who would drive any team north) and I would even agree that when he had to he could put together a tactical performance of some nous (Milan away in the CL)…but for me, the unforgivable bits are that he COULD'VE gone all the way (either season IMO) if he'd remained applied, and further, he never took on responsibility.

But again mate, I think we're all closer to agreeing than perhaps we sometimes think.

COYS

5. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

A fine post, agree with all of it to be fair, even if I disagree with Wednesday's match.

I give Sherwood my support because he's our manager, and I agree, we all have to pull together to reverse what is frankly the WORST week I can remember on and off the pitch for approximately a decade.

6. unit kaboom

unit kaboom Kevin Dearden

It just feels as if we haven't had harmony at our club for a while. We were great under redknapp for large periods yet the hate for Harry continued from large sections of our support. Again the same under AVB last year even if we were winning. Now Sherwood is receiving even worse then the two and he has had one game, imagine how the negativity will build over the season unless we are winning every week.
    You clearly cannot please everyone, especially when it comes to spurs but the infighting at our club needs to stop for us to progress, it's dragging us down!

7. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

Agree with this. But the moaning is only likely to stop when we can all see signs of improvement on the pitch, are once more being entertained (especially at home) and the results pick up. Then I think we will all once again start to pull in the same direction. Hopefully, anyway!

8. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

I absolutely agree.

But I do have to say mate, Harry had long been left alone…it's just that as AVB's wobbles became greater, his name seemed to resurface more and more in discussion as some sort of mystic messiah.

I am trying very very hard indeed to give Sherwood my unconditional support…I won't lie. I'm finding it immensely difficult to feel anything remotely approaching enthusiasm for his potential 'era' but by GHod I promise to keep trying.

In fact, I have to remember that our club really isn't some weird science project!

9. chicken_badge

chicken_badge Gudni Bergsson

Never want us to lose.

But that was worth it :)

10. Libero

Libero Jose Dominguez

Exactly. Although I believe we could possibly have beaten City over two legs, it would have been a massive, massive task.

Seeing them get dismantled 9-0 on aggregate is fantastic, another long term injury and another game to take energy out of the tank. Roll on relegation and the hope that they put up enough of a fight to make sure they are still mathematically in with a shout of staying up unless they lose to us on May 3rd.

11. superfaisty

superfaisty Nico Claesen

Worse still - they play Emirates Marketing Project at the Etihad last game of the season, so could be crucial game for the top and bottom teams!

12. Rorschach

Rorschach Vivian Woodward

Their fate will effectively be decided one way or the other before that game you'd think. If City have anything to play for that day there will be only one outcome to the match.

Chelsea up next for them too. I'd almost feel sorry for them if they weren't ...you know... ****s.