1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

***OMT***Tottenham Hotspur FC v West Ham

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by thfcsteff, 16 Dec 2013.

1. charlietheyid

charlietheyid Banned

West Ham turned up for 15minutes and that was enough to take us apart and score two.

2. braineclipse

braineclipse Gary Stevens

So how did the change ruin our possession?

3. onlyme

onlyme Banned

I know one poster here may want to start quoting possession stats but they were the better team. I think we had one shot on target apart from the goal.

Great start to the game. Defoe is on his way. Ade and Soldado is the future. Two wingers? Not so sure about that. Maybe Aaron will shine now AT is injured but he was the ugly sister tonight after a bright start which seems to sum every game he plays this season.

Collins was superb for them and the rest of their defence was really well organised. They were nervous as f uck against Chelsea but confident as anything tonight.

4. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

Agreed. It was a s hity result. They went for it tonight. Busted a gut. On the whole played well with a makeshift defense. Subs were difficult. No one has said who they'd have brought on instead? But maybe they were pre-planned subs, rather than seeing where the game was and reacting (Defoe looked off, Ade good, Rose also looked steady).

Screw the result then. How was the performance? Was anything different tonight?

5. Joesh

Joesh Tony Parks

I just got to see the last 20mins but have to say we were shocking in terms of holding possession and the amount of unforced errors was seriously bad. First touches were poor and simple passes were given away. Basic defending was non-existant.The main positive is that had we won we could have got Emirates Marketing Project next, and we can now focus on the league.

6. Rorschach

Rorschach Vivian Woodward

And another trophy opportunity disappears...

West Ham doing us twice in our own house is just about as bad as it can get. We need a proper manager in now before it's too late to salvage anything whatsoever from this season.

7. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Mitchell Thomas

Steff. You're my favourite poster. So I'm looking to you for the positives that you always provide.

Man up, have a serious word with yourself and get with the ****ing programme!!

8. charlietheyid

charlietheyid Banned

As for our back 4, we are just playing a CM at the back, so thats gonna show at some point. Capoue is NOT a CB.

Why did we not buy 2 or 3 CB's this summer like I wanted?

Some people seemed to think we had enough defenders. If only they understood how football works, injuries..

9. Jordinho

Jordinho John Cameron Staff Member

Started towards the end of the first half as well. Simply ran out of steam.

10. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

…hit the bar, force Lloris into two brilliant saves…

Oh well. on a positive note, at least my new avatar isn't as disgusting as I thought it was going to be. The 70s model beats this year's disgusting sack of **** model.

11. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

its a rather fetching **** duster as well

12. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Christian Ziege

It didnt I'm agreeing with you on that. I dont think the change effected it in any way. Sherwood would have been better off going 5 at the back.

13. braineclipse

braineclipse Gary Stevens

After a very shaky start where they gave us a couple of counter attacking opportunities after committing men forward they defended quite well throughout the game. They let our wingers get down the outside to cross and let their defenders deal with those crosses.

As a result we once again struggled to create goalscoring chances.

14. DHSF

DHSF Les Ferdinand

Dont apologise you ****er. Wasnt strong at all. I was furious about the result so just saw your name and automatically premeditated what you were gonna say haha

15. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

I think we were dead on our feet. Came out the blocks with real intensity and purpose. Defoe and others spurned good positions to score through the first half.

So the team, many who played on the weekend, tired, subs were the thing to do, but they just added to us coming unstuck.

16. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Honestly Sir? The main positive I can dig from this is that hopefully, it's clear to all we cannot endure Timbo for the rest of the season? I was happy to see Ade back in the side, largely because i never lost it for him, and can heartily look forward to the recall of BAE and Carroll I hope...

17. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

:ross:

Superb Sir.

18. mouville

mouville Kevin Scott

Agree on rest but not on ADE. He was looking fresh and not tired at all. He was running the channels, cutting in, holding up....just what we have been begging for. Wrong decision to bring him off. Gave the incentive to Spam as they had no fear of Defoe. Sherwood got that so so so wrong. Not the man for me.

19. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

if only someone would come up with a system to avoid that...

20. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Absolutely true, in fact you can almost see him going at it with Mary Millington, Seka and a gold medallion…oh no…****…I might need help…although wasn't Mary Millington ****ing hot?!!!