• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT The Mighty Tottenham vs AFC Sportswash

Can anyone tell me what Harry Kane related chants there were yesterday. Can't pick out the one on Youtube highlights.

"Are you watching, Harry Kane" from us towards the end.
And "He wants to be blue, he wants to be bluuuu..." from the Emirates Marketing Project "supporters" on the few occasions they made any noise at all.

fudging hell, what a stat

23 dropped points, if we held on for 11 of those we would have been 4 points clear in 3rd, hold on for all, one point behind City
It'd probably be even better than that, given that by holding on we'd probably also have taken points from the teams above us. The West Ham match, for example.

It's absolutely atrocious that we lost so many points from winning positions...but then, as soon as opposing teams got wise to it, it was inevitable that we'd do so unless we changed the way we played. Which we didn't.

All the opposition had to do was to absorb early pressure, going 1-0 down if they had to, and then come back at us hard at the end of the match, as our lot tired. Every bloody time.

There was a point in the game where City had the ball by the halfway line and they just stopped and looked at each other because they didn't have a clue what to do.

As has been said already, their normal tactic of playing through the middle was being denied them, and they knew that as soon as they lost the ball we would break on them.

A moment that perfectly summarizes this is at 74:52 in the game, when Mendy got the ball on the left wing just past midfield with no players in front of him. Instead of running into the open space in front of him, he slowly dribbled inside looking for options for 6 seconds before laying it back to Fernandinho—Lucas and Højbjerg didn’t close him down at all, but Mendy didn’t even move up the pitch. How Did Tottenham Stifle Emirates Marketing Project’s Attack? Analyzing Nuno Espírito Santo’s Defensive Tactics in City’s Buildup – Café Tactiques (cafetactiques.com)

Watched some of it again, City got away with a lot as always, Sterling used two hands to pull Tanganga back at one point and didn't get a card, GLC was also flattened near the end and we didn't even get the FK, let alone the booking.

How embarrassing was the clip before our game on match of the day. Was it supposed to be humorous? A plea to let our slave free and help poor cash strapped City? or just the usual BBC uni grad trying to be one of the blokes and get a comedy show?
I forgot about that. Stupid little piece, it was.

Watched some of it again, City got away with a lot as always, Sterling used two hands to pull Tanganga back at one point and didn't get a card, GLC was also flattened near the end and we didn't even get the FK, let alone the booking.

Pretty sure there were also two blatant corners not given in the 1st half.
Although there was also a throw in that clearly came off Reggie that the linesman gave our way.

I often think officials are biased, but perhaps they are just not very good.

Last edited:
I didn't think much of Alli's performance in the first half, but was looking more for his defensive contribution in the second half, as someone on here pointed out to me - and he worked his socks off. Wasn't all that much involved in our attacking, but did so much work off the ball - brilliant to see him filling in there. Skipp will be great for us this season, him and Højbjerg tearing new ones in midfield. And again, Lucas, ah man, he was like a new player! He was looking UP when he got the ball! Yes! That's the one thing his game needs. Thought he was just excellent yesterday. And obviously Tanganga - ah, what a performance. Spurs blood in him, clearly. Absolutely love the boy. We cannot under any circumstances let him leave on loan. Sanchez stepped up as well in CB, had a phenomenal game, and even Dier was looking composed and turned on.

I hope we can keep this kind of commitment up when we're playing the lesser sides as well. In any case, we looked more fit yesterday than we've done for a couple of years at least. Great to see!

Just watching the replays and thought - what's happened with VAR? Didn't notice it once during the game! A pure blessing. Have they deliberately toned it down or something? The ref in general was quite good yesterday, let a lot of hard but fair challenges go without notice.

Highlights:
https://ninjastream.to/watch/q3LmYkx8pQENw?poster={url}

Oh! Nice.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...pits-and-handball-rule-changes-for-new-season

Yeah, they don't care so much about the laws this season, you can be offside if you play for United, and if you play for City, every time you throw yourself to the ground it's a foul, when you pull on an opponent or bodyslam them to the ground its fine though.

I though the ref was terrible yesterday, gave City everything and Fernandinho again got away with GBH.

It'd probably be even better than that, given that by holding on we'd probably also have taken points from the teams above us. The West Ham match, for example.

It's absolutely atrocious that we lost so many points from winning positions...but then, as soon as opposing teams got wise to it, it was inevitable that we'd do so unless we changed the way we played. Which we didn't.

All the opposition had to do was to absorb early pressure, going 1-0 down if they had to, and then come back at us hard at the end of the match, as our lot tired. Every bloody time.

That West Ham 3-3 marked the beginning of the end for me. I really hope we pay them back this season. Maybe it's time we made it our cup final for once, instead of letting them get all excited about playing us.

Back