• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

+ OMT - Spurs vs Man Utd +

582437_478821728842162_2093413042_n.jpg

Gary Neville after the equalizer.

582437_478821728842162_2093413042_n.jpg

Gary Neville after the equalizer.

Very good. You could see he was tinkled off considerably in the after match analysis.

Also in the analysis he was saying that Dempsey should have gone down under the challenge (from Evra?) and got the pen and man sent off for that attack where Dembele fed him the ball. That comment tells you a lot about the mentality they have at Utd. Win at all costs. Do whatever it takes.

I have a sneaky suspicion they are coached when to foul. I could be imagining it but there is almost a purpose to every foul they commit - break up play, stop a dangerous attack, waste some time, whatever. It's rarely just a mistimed challenge.

A bit disappointed we didn't beat ManU. But to come back and score the equaliser in injury time was satisfying. We should have won this match as we played well and outplayed ManU for the majority of the match. But we were either unlucky or couldn't make use of the chances we created. The fact we had 25 shots on goal with 8 on target compared to only 5 shots and 2 on target by ManU shows how much we dominated the match. Wish we had been more clinical and ruthless in front of goal and thrashed them !

Without a doubt, Lennon was our best player in the match as he tortured the ManU defence with his run and dribbling skills. It was not surprising he created the goal by Dempsey. We needed some inspiration in this match and Lennon duly provided that. Just wish he had managed to create another goal for us. I was hoping for a big performance by Bale but he couldn't lift his game due to being marked closely by ManU. He was very unlucky not to score in the 1st half as his shot got deflected onto the ManU goalie. Dembele showed why ManU fear his as he played well and helped our attacks.

Dempsey is turning out to be a "ManU Killer" ! He scored the winner away at ManU and now has got the all important equaliser here ! But wish he had scored another winning goal ! Both Defoe and Dempsey should have done better with earlier chances. It was unforgivable the way Defoe wasted the chance as we had 4 players inside the box that time, compared with only 2 ManU defenders. The least he could have done was pass it to another unmarked Spurs player. Instead he was too slow to react and let ManU defend it. I think if Defoe had scored that goal, we would have gone on to win. Similiarly, Dempsey should have done better with the earlier chance as he had only the goalie to beat. But atleast he made up for the miss by getting the equaliser.

Really disappointed with the way we conceded the goal. Parker should have stopped the ManU player from making that cross. Walker for his part should have marked RVP closely instead of letting him have a free header. I thought Lloris could have done better as well. But apart from that, was happy with our defending for most of the match. Was worried ManU might expose the inconsistency and inexperience of Dawson, Caulker, Walker and Naughton. But they did relatively well apart from Caulker who were lucky not to give away the penalty. Caulker was too clumsy with the tackle on Rooney as it could have cost us the match. I think Caulker still needs more experience to become a solid defender.

Wish we had manage to do the double home and away win over ManU. But atleast we are improving our record against them. Getting 4 points out of 6 against ManU is an excellent record, anyway you look at it. After suffering so long from the winless streak against, hope we will now go on a unbeaten streak against them. Hopefully, the way we recovered to get the draw against ManU will boost our confidence for the upcoming matches.

Last edited:
Very good. You could see he was tinkled off considerably in the after match analysis.

Also in the analysis he was saying that Dempsey should have gone down under the challenge (from Evra?) and got the pen and man sent off for that attack where Dembele fed him the ball. That comment tells you a lot about the mentality they have at Utd. Win at all costs. Do whatever it takes. Why on earth would that surprise you? They haven't stayed at the top for 20+ years by being nice people.

I have a sneaky suspicion they are coached when to foul. I could be imagining it but there is almost a purpose to every foul they commit - break up play, stop a dangerous attack, waste some time, whatever. It's rarely just a mistimed challenge.
You're not imagining anything. It is, and has been, a part of the professional game for a long time. No offence mate, but it sounds like you've been asleep for 20 years

Last edited:
Also in the analysis he was saying that Dempsey should have gone down under the challenge (from Evra?) and got the pen and man sent off for that attack where Dembele fed him the ball.

Even the match commentators mentioned about it that time. But looking back, we don't have any reliable penalty takers anyway. I am sure no one would have come forward to take the penalty if we had got one. Certainly not Dempsey after the way he missed the crucial penalty against Norwich in the League Cup.

Also in the analysis he was saying that Dempsey should have gone down under the challenge (from Evra?) and got the pen and man sent off for that attack where Dembele fed him the ball. That comment tells you a lot about the mentality they have at Utd. Win at all costs. Do whatever it takes.

100% this. A lot of those 'middle of the pitch stop the game' nudges and shoves, nothing egregious enough to get a yellow straight away but enough to stop a promising move. Oh it's absolutely taught.

Reading the match thread on RedCafe is hilarious. All they do is bitch and rant about our players and fans moaning and appealing for every decision. Don't watch their own team, do they?

Reading the match thread on RedCafe is hilarious. All they do is bitch and rant about our players and fans moaning and appealing for every decision. Don't watch their own team, do they?

I'm sure we're guilty of the same thing from a rival fans' perspective

It's all relative at the end of the day

Almost certainly, and they're not the only ones. I would be somewhat disappointed if we don't do the same. It's cynical, but football is quite cynical and those kinds of fouls give you a pretty good advantage.

WTF is up with the note-passing? No more effective way fot AVB to communicate?

I don't think so. Shouting instructions across the pitch they won't always be heard or heard right and the opponents will hear them as well. Mourinho among others have passed notes around for some time.

You're not imagining anything. It is, and has been, a part of the professional game for a long time. No offence mate, but it sounds like you've been asleep for 20 years

Obviously I know it happens,I've done it myself a ...em...few times, but coaching it is another matter. I'm probably being naive but I just can't imagine AVB saying today we are going to practise fouling.

Obviously I know it happens,I've done it myself a ...em...few times, but coaching it is another matter. I'm probably being naive but I just can't imagine AVB saying today we are going to practise fouling.

"professional cheating" started with Leeds under Don Revie, they really were a bunch of scumbags.

100% this. A lot of those 'middle of the pitch stop the game' nudges and shoves, nothing egregious enough to get a yellow straight away but enough to stop a promising move. Oh it's absolutely taught.

Yet peopel on here want us to be the nice guys. Sorry but I want us to play fairly but times are evolving and I want us to be the best and if that means being cynical being conniving and being cunning then im all for it. Barca do it, Real do it, Manure do it so why not us? Oh yeah thats right cos we are the nice guys.

fudge that. I want us to be the best and im all for it.

Yet peopel on here want us to be the nice guys. Sorry but I want us to play fairly but times are evolving and I want us to be the best and if that means being cynical being conniving and being cunning then im all for it. Barca do it, Real do it, Manure do it so why not us? Oh yeah thats right cos we are the nice guys.

fudge that. I want us to be the best and im all for it.

i agree with that, just win baby

Back