• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Spurs vs Liverpool***

Baleforce

Ron Henry
Saturday 11th Feb 2017
17:30
Everton's old stadium

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Dier - Davies
Dembele - Wanyama
Dele - Eriksen - Son
Kane

#badger

Last edited:
Ideally I'd go 3 at the back for this one, but that requires that Rose is playing. I would prefer this line-up:
Lloris
Dier-Alderweireld-Wimmer
Walker-Wanyama-Dembele-Rose
Eriksen-Kane-Alli

Btw. what a travesty of an OMT. Couldn't put less effort in if you tried!​

Typical fixture going away to an out of form team that will turn up.

We owe them a nail in the heart ala AVB ...

Liverpool are a club in dramatic decline. Much as we were under Sugar. Each year the brand of that once great club is a little more tarnished. Arsenal, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project have all overtaken them. And we are chasing them down.

Games like this are increasingly important to them as they desperately try and regain their status as an elite club. They have to win. If they don't, they slip to their normal upper-mid table position and the lie of "the greatest club side in World" is harder to maintain. Klopp will try and paper over the cracks. He will be charming but he is losing control. He is pulling the levers but nothing is happening. Their cult-like fans and media sycophants are frantically attacking anyone who questions the team, manager or club and they justify their aggressive and unreasonable behaviour because they are the "most knowledgeable fans in football". But the truth is they are bullying their own fans by throwing their 'bedwetting' accusations at anyone who questions the Emperor's new clothes.

More and more people are seeing them for what they are: a decent-ish mid table side - a bit better than Everton, Leicester, Southampton, West Ham - with a (mostly) pretty little history who are desperately trying to convince us all they are something they once were.

The result will not change any of this. Maybe we win, maybe we won't but we are going in the right direction. They are in freefall.

As for the game, Klopp may be able to raise the tempo of his "easy listening" football, and given the recent history between the clubs, Liverpool may be able to get a 1-1 draw.

Although a win at Anfield would be nice, if only for the gnashing of teeth on RAWK and the first #Kloppout sightings of the spring. They seem to be turning on their manager a little earlier this year.

Last edited:
They're mostly confident they'll turn up against us, then struggle again against Leicester, and I daresay they're right. I think we'll have to play well to get a draw, especially if (as expected) we haven't got Rose available. It would be nice to improve our away win stats for the season, though, and in particular to do it up there. It won't be a high-scoring game; I reckon only 0 to 2 goals.

Edit: BTW, it's Saturday 11 Feb.

Last edited:
I can see the headlines already.

"Liverpool crisis called off after win over disjointed Spurs"

Not feeling good about this game. They're in a slump, and as much as we aren't old Spurs, cannot see anything but an emphatic home win here. Don't think it will hurt our Top 4 chances though and we'll get back to winning ways afterwards.

I'd have been a bit more confident if this absolute brickshow of an OMT hadn't been produced. Seriously, what a travesty.

Mane against Davies is a bit of a worry. I say that as someone who likes BD; good, stout defender who's also decent technically but obviously not as pacey as Rose or quite as adept as him at keeping the opposition's wide players occupied in their own half. I suppose the obvious response would be to have Wanyama share the load by paying special attention to Mane as he did with Hazard.

I'd be a lot more confident about this one if Rose was playing. Any updates on his status?

Laughing at reading the pre-emptive negativity.

From both sides.

Liverpool fans I know are already having serious anxieties about our visit. And here we are matching them nailbite for nailbite. Won't be easy but all we can do is be confident and relaxed about our fine manager's ability to be well prepared with tactics and formations.

He's put us in a great position so far and, with a slight cushion in points, this result won't make or break the season. I think that's something that can only help our players approach the game worry free and allow them to be more expressive. And I'd rather be approaching this game from that outlook than the tense and worried perspective Liverpool must be assuming since this is an absolute must-win game for them.

Geez, that's hardly a firewagon post, is it? Maybe I'm channeling an inner James Milner. I'll get me cardigan.

Laughing at reading the pre-emptive negativity.

From both sides.

Liverpool fans I know are already having serious anxieties about our visit. And here we are matching them nailbite for nailbite. Won't be easy but all we can do is be confident and relaxed about our fine manager's ability to be well prepared with tactics and formations.

He's put us in a great position so far and, with a slight cushion in points, this result won't make or break the season. I think that's something that can only help our players approach the game worry free and allow them to be more expressive. And I'd rather be approaching this game from that outlook than the tense and worried perspective Liverpool must be assuming since this is an absolute must-win game for them.

Geez, that's hardly a firewagon post, is it? Maybe I'm channeling an inner James Milner. I'll get me cardigan.
Cardigan? That's a bit to posh innit?

For an inner Milner? Hardly.

That's a cracking avatar. Where'd you find that? Maybe something shot by Robert Novak up in the Vesteralen Islands?

IMO, if we want to win this game, we should go up there and do what sh1t teams have done against them; sit deep, congest the middle, let them have the ball and hit them on the break. I don't think we will, I think we'll play our normal sort of game and play into Liverpool's hands. I'd like to see something like:

----------------lloris
walker---dier----wanyama---toby---davies
--------eriksen----dembele---dele
-------------kane-----son

Midfielders capable of breaking forward and we can clip it over the top for Son, or play up to Kane.

When teams sit deep against Liverpool and crowd the middle, they struggle to play through it. They don't play with a proper number 9, so have nobody to cross to. Sitting deep takes away a lot of their threat, and letting them have the ball takes away one of the main ways they create chances (pressing and winning the ball back in dangerous areas).

They are sh1t at the back, we don't need swashbuckling football to create chances against them. Just let them get comfortable in our half, then break on them hard.

And if things don't go to plan, it's easy to switch those players into a more attacking system.

Interesting thing about recent Liverpool games where they've dropped points is that their opposition usually lets Liverpool have over 70% possession. Usually you see the counter-attacking team give up between 55-65% possession, but against Liverpool there are some extreme statistics. I think teams have had to figure out the fact that, with Liverpool playing a usually really attacking midfield 3 of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana, that giving them space to play by attacking even 45% of the time is too much. Liverpool have looked even more ponderous the deeper their opposition has played, and have looked even more vulnerable on the counter-attack, giving up really easy chances. They have also looked better against the bigger teams, perversely but unsurprisingly given those bigger teams will inherently have to attack.

I think bearing all of this in mind, we should play on the counter. A back 5 of Lloris, Davies, Dier, Toby and Walker, with Dembele and Wanyama in front. Then Son and Sissoko who will be absolute musts to provide counter attacking threat, supporting Kane. Maybe drop Eriksen and play Alli, and make it about beating them on the break by being clinical. Or maybe go back to 3-4-3, with Wimmer coming in, Davies at LWB, the central beasts and then Sissoko and Son supporting Kane. Probably not on Wimmer though, as he seems really out of sorts.

Either way, I think we need to counter. Liverpool look really bad if an opposition plays really deep and takes their chances to counter. We should play the team that gives us the best chance of doing that. I'd even say if N'koudou was fit we give him a run. I don't think we win the game by playing our traditional game against them.

Back