• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Emirates Marketing Project

Team virtually picks itself. Reminds me of the best of Poch days, when the only debate was Son or Lamela and maybe Wanyama or Dier to partner Dembele.

Team virtually picks itself. Reminds me of the best of Poch days, when the only debate was Son or Lamela and maybe Wanyama or Dier to partner Dembele.

Largely. Questions will be:
- whether he goes for Davies defensive strength of Sergio's pace at LB
- Toby, Anthony Gardner or Rodon alongside Dier. I'm guessing it'll be Toby (and it should be) but he's surprised at times with his CB choices and Emirates Marketing Project are quite mobile
- whether he deems GLC up to matchfit to play with PEH and Tubby in midfield.

I'm not keen on this. It means that the fringe players aren't challenging for a place. It is a really congested season this year and injuries/fatigue is a real risk. I'd feel happier if it was more difficult to pick our best side.

Thinking of @milo response to this, actually what line-up is it that 'picks itself' for you?

I'd say our first choice right now was

.............................Lloris

Doherty... Alderweireld...Dier... Reguilon

.....Sissoko...... Hojbjerg..... Ndombele

Lamela/Bale/Moura...Kane...Son

The question marks are whether Bale is ready to start in the big games yet and when we first get to see Lo Celso and Ndombele together. I think that for tomorrow, Bale is better coming on with half an hour to go and Ndombele + Lo Celso should be tried in Europe before the PL.

I'd say our first choice right now was

.............................Lloris

Doherty... Alderweireld...Dier... Reguilon

.....Sissoko...... Hojbjerg..... Ndombele

Lamela/Bale/Moura...Kane...Son

The question marks are whether Bale is ready to start in the big games yet and when we first get to see Lo Celso and Ndombele together. I think that for tomorrow, Bale is better coming on with half an hour to go and Ndombele + Lo Celso should be tried in Europe before the PL.

Interesting. i wonder if the West Ham game has had an effect on that in pushing Aurier, Winks and Bergwijn down the pecking order (though of course we know Bergwijn has had ongoing injury issues..)

Tomorrow's line-up and that at Chelsea next Sunday will be quite telling...

Interesting. i wonder if the West Ham game has had an effect on that in pushing Aurier, Winks and Bergwijn down the pecking order (though of course we know Bergwijn has had ongoing injury issues..)

Tomorrow's line-up and that at Chelsea next Sunday will be quite telling...

I agree. I think that those players started the season lower down the pecking order and were always probably in the Europa team. I think that we've been more conservative since West Ham but I don't know if that is because of the opposition. I'd be delighted if City came at us tomorrow and we played like did against Southampton and United.

He's been putting Southgate under quite a lot of pressure recently. It is long overdue from a Spurs manager.
Basically Jose hates (and rightly so) imbalances or unfairness being applied in an area where it never should. You can see he's angry about it because he knows it's gone on. And of course, he wants answers.

I agree. I think that those players started the season lower down the pecking order and were always probably in the Europa team. I think that we've been more conservative since West Ham but I don't know if that is because of the opposition. I'd be delighted if City came at us tomorrow and we played like did against Southampton and United.

I think opposition has been a huge factor. The theory should hold that teams who attack us leave spaces. Let's see eh...

Basically Jose hates (and rightly so) imbalances or unfairness being applied in an area where it never should. You can see he's angry about it because he knows it's gone on. And of course, he wants answers.

I don't think it's that. I think that Mourinho Is trying to gain a competitive advantage by putting Southgate under pressure and line up excuses if we lose.

Aslong as we are well drilled and defend well, i am quietly confident we can exploit the space in behind. Pep is a clever man and i would imagine he would try and take Kane out if the game so we need our other players to step up. Son has not looked great in the last couple if games so i hope he finds form again.

I don't think it's that. I think that Mourinho Is trying to gain a competitive advantage by putting Southgate under pressure and line up excuses if we lose.
Oh I know Jose likes to cover his back with lined up excuses BUT he detests even the smell of someone else already in receipt of a competitive advantage.

He hates dishonesty or underhand behaviour, he has indicated that in the doc.

Hes a pretty reasoned guy, like if something adds up or he can understand a pov, he's ok with it, even if it's a ball ache or negative situation.

Aslong as we are well drilled and defend well, i am quietly confident we can exploit the space in behind. Pep is a clever man and i would imagine he would try and take Kane out if the game so we need our other players to step up. Son has not looked great in the last couple if games so i hope he finds form again.
I always see Pep as one who is arrogant in his approach on a good way. He rarely if ever changes his philosophy to suit the opposition. And when he has done it (in the CL) it’s cost them badly
I do think they as a team will have a boost with pep signing the new contract and quite a few of their players scored midweek.

Back